4 replies to this topic

#1 Lajur Kas

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOrestes Rally Point

Posted 04 May 2022 - 01:12 PM

Just made a post in the general discussion decals thread touching on this idea and thought I would copy it below. Basically, it feels like Camo Spec, including decals, has been overwhelmed with options and one "Can't see the tree from the forest"

Apologies if it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but an alternative way to view all of the in game decals while outside of the game would be really nice.

Something simple you could scroll through would be perfectly fine. Perhaps even as an addition to this web site?

Even better, a working mech database or "mech salon" would be fantastic! All of the colors, patterns, cockpit items, decals and bolt-ons that are available and there is no way I know of to work with them when out of the game...

It'd be tricky but an import option would be great! if you already own it, it's added to your mech, if not...time to pony up the MC!

Seems to be a really overlooked aspect of the game.

To expand, I hope others would agree on the potential. Imagining something like a version of Sims: Mechwarriior Online.

Seems like you could take your brand new Creator Bundles and plug the builds right in as a starting place for others and then keep expanding. Obviously, anything Canon would be hot, I still dream of a FRR "Freemen" camo pattern.

Edited by Lajur Kas, 04 May 2022 - 01:13 PM.

#2 Lajur Kas

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 04:58 PM

Mechwarrior Salonline then? OK, OK...The MWO Body Shop.

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,808 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 05 May 2022 - 07:33 PM

Seeing decals or cockpit items or hearing warhorns outside of game on the website? That WOULD be neat!

And it might add to revenue. “Oh, the new tournament supporter pack is out and… my God that is a cool sounding War horn… I’m buying it!”

#4 Lajur Kas

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 08:43 AM

Ideally, it would be an extension of Mech DB (version 2.5?) with the same import option.

#5 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 12:00 AM

I would appriciate something like that. Hopefully it runs faster then the ingame menu and please add a search function.
I was looking for a specific decal and even with the "folders" they have it was hard to find. I know the name but scrolling through everything because I didn't knwo what catergorie it was in was a pain.
A search function would be realy helpfull.

Beside that I like the idea of beeing able to preview sounds for warhorns.

Also please connect this directly with the shop of the website. So that when I found what I want I can directly put it into my shopping basket and later then go to checkout and get them ingame.
Makeing it very easy to find, look at and right away buy stuff I like without haveing to switch around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users