• The Territorial
  • 3,411 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 May 2022 - 04:01 AM

Fun mechs that fit my Assault/Heavy playstyle gets considered Posted Image
(Non-meta mechs are welcome too!)

IS: Crusader Ultimate Pack ==> putting money where my mouth is, after all MWO is finally making a new mech chassis!!

Clan: Marauder II: MAD-IIC(S) ==> fun mech for me; stupid amounts of laser vomit!
Clan: Night Gyr: NTG-Prime(S) ==> fun mech with new/good CT quirk, thanks to recent MWO/Cauldron patch!

Hopefully above 2022 purchases would qualify me for the Ultimate Award for the upcoming
2022 Annual (Loyalty) Rewards! Posted Image

- - - - - - - - -
Also bought various newly released mech packs since April 2021; very reasonable prices to keep game development going! Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 11 May 2022 - 04:02 AM.

#22 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 04:16 AM

View Postw0qj, on 11 May 2022 - 04:01 AM, said:

Fun mechs that fit my Assault/Heavy playstyle gets considered Posted Image
(Non-meta mechs are welcome too!)

IS: Crusader Ultimate Pack ==> putting money where my mouth is, after all MWO is finally making a new mech chassis!!

Clan: Marauder II: MAD-IIC(S) ==> fun mech for me; stupid amounts of laser vomit!
Clan: Night Gyr: NTG-Prime(S) ==> fun mech with new/good CT quirk, thanks to recent MWO/Cauldron patch!

Hopefully above 2022 purchases would qualify me for the Ultimate Award for the upcoming
2022 Annual (Loyalty) Rewards! Posted Image

- - - - - - - - -
Also bought various newly released mech packs since April 2021; very reasonable prices to keep game development going! Posted Image

From what I gathered about you so far, the OP's is the wrong question for you. Your question must be: What makes you stop buying mechs?

Posted Image

#23 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 06:12 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 11 May 2022 - 04:16 AM, said:

From what I gathered about you so far, the OP's is the wrong question for you. Your question must be: What makes you stop buying mechs?

Posted Image

blatant cash grabs. the booster packs were one thing, but now we got all these custom skin packs that really dont provide anything new except some textures. its regurgitated content.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 May 2022 - 06:13 PM.

#24 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,811 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 11 May 2022 - 06:27 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 May 2022 - 06:12 PM, said:

blatant cash grabs. the booster packs were one thing, but now we got all these custom skin packs that really dont provide anything new except some textures. its regurgitated content.

And neither platinum pack has mechs that I really need the skins on, so no cash from me on that one. I suspect there will be a lot more packs, so I'll eventually find one I need. Posted Image

#25 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:22 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 May 2022 - 06:12 PM, said:

New C-Bill boosted versions of existing chassis. That has some value for C-Bill grinding, and they're way cheaper than individual hero mechs (if they even support that kind of loadout in the first place)

#26 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:39 PM

If mech good I buy it with cbills.

If mech bad I buy it with cbills but never play it.

#27 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:06 PM

View PostHorseman, on 11 May 2022 - 09:22 PM, said:

New C-Bill boosted versions of existing chassis. That has some value for C-Bill grinding, and they're way cheaper than individual hero mechs (if they even support that kind of loadout in the first place)

if you have been here awhile and have been playing the game most of it, you would be using cbills as cigar lighters and toilet paper. boosted mechs are good to a point, especially for new players. but a good portion of this player base are grognards like me with more cbills than they know what to do with. targeting the new player demo is nice and all, but whats there to buy for the player who has almost everything?

View PostScout Derek, on 11 May 2022 - 10:39 PM, said:

If mech good I buy it with cbills.

If mech bad I buy it with cbills but never play it.

this guy gets it.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 May 2022 - 11:07 PM.

#28 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,753 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 12 May 2022 - 12:48 AM

I use mc to buy hero mechs on sale but its typically with event mc so no out of pocket costs. About the only thing I have ever spent money on was mc for gsp packs when they go on sale if I ran out of event mc since those are no brainer purchases.

#29 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 May 2022 - 03:29 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 May 2022 - 11:06 PM, said:

if you have been here awhile and have been playing the game most of it, you would be using cbills as cigar lighters and toilet paper. boosted mechs are good to a point, especially for new players. but a good portion of this player base are grognards like me with more cbills than they know what to do with. targeting the new player demo is nice and all, but whats there to buy for the player who has almost everything?
Trust me that even grognards who have been playing the game for half a decade can sink their C-Bills down to almost zero given sufficient tinkering. I'm at around 470 mechs, close to 7000 hours in game and my balance is a paltry 11 mil right now :P

#30 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,811 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 12 May 2022 - 07:13 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 12 May 2022 - 12:48 AM, said:

I use mc to buy hero mechs on sale but its typically with event mc so no out of pocket costs. About the only thing I have ever spent money on was mc for gsp packs when they go on sale if I ran out of event mc since those are no brainer purchases.

Yeah, that’s one of the things I love about PGI… they scrupulously avoid pay-to-win mechanics. You can pay to grind more cBills, or pay to skill up quicker, or pay to be prettier, but all mech and hard point variants are available for free (even if you do have to save up your free MC for a sale).

#31 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 02:04 PM

View PostHorseman, on 12 May 2022 - 03:29 AM, said:

Trust me that even grognards who have been playing the game for half a decade can sink their C-Bills down to almost zero given sufficient tinkering. I'm at around 470 mechs, close to 7000 hours in game and my balance is a paltry 11 mil right now Posted Image

buying mechs left and right i never got below half a billion. i know other players with even larger hordes. it just seemed like it was pretty common for players with older well used accounts.

#32 chaosshade2638

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 12 May 2022 - 05:57 PM

Various reasons, sometimes I see a really fun build I wanna try on Baradul's channel and I buy the mech myself so I can run it, other times I just like the chassis (as is the case for the Whammer IIC, Blood Asp, and Black Knight). Once in a while, I get an idea for a mech based upon its quirks and I buy the chassis in that case, like the Zeus.

#33 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 16 May 2022 - 06:43 PM

Given that I've been playing BattleTech since the 80s and collected all the source books I could find . . . I bought mechs based on lore, not game mechanics. Same reason I was willing to drop actual money on the Crusader, even though it does nothing the Catapult and Archer don't do better.
Now if only I could have a Clint and a Whitworth . . . and still waiting on my Wasp/Stinger/Valkyrie three-fer.

#34 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 05:49 AM

I don't always buy a mech. But when I do I have mulled it over for a few years, and either I think it will be fun for me to play, or because an old teammate recommended it. I went through the phase of buy things and re-enact their death Groundhog Day style. Now I have a fingernail back in T4, and am trying to improve my results. Why buy a mech that will be unskilled and make me lose more than usual of the next 50-100 games? Guess I will have to crack open the GSP buried in the backyard.

#35 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:24 AM

I had sworn to never spend money on this game again but when the roughneck BLT came out

it made such logical sense I bought the pack (I don't even remember the other Mech in the pack) and gave the pack to a streamer and he did a give away

Edited by Rmaxdave, 17 May 2022 - 09:55 PM.

#36 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 May 2022 - 10:01 AM

Almost exclusively nostalgia, followed by aesthetics... I'm a sucker for a pretty face. Posted Image

#37 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 May 2022 - 07:54 AM

Lack of missiles..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users