Pts: May Patch Features! - Pts Over

91 replies to this topic

#21 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 10 May 2022 - 09:22 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 May 2022 - 05:19 PM, said:

Public Test - 4 vs 4 - No Groups - Skirmish on Emerald Vale - Medium Mechs Only - 50% more Armor

That sounds positively awful. Why one earth would anyone want to play under those conditions?

#22 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,411 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 May 2022 - 04:20 AM

PTS is OK... occasionally the real world MWO server live for QP is not much better ;)
https://mwomercs.com...oday-new-record

View Postambosen, on 10 May 2022 - 05:41 PM, said:

Well, I hope this turns out better then the last time I participated with a public server test. As I recall there were a lot of inexplicable crashes, and no players in really any game mode whatsoever.

#23 katoult

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 06:14 AM

I - and possibly others - would be interested in whether the enlarged sounds.pak and certain related other files on the PTS client build are planned to carry over to the live version.

#24 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 11 May 2022 - 07:56 AM

View Postkatoult, on 11 May 2022 - 06:14 AM, said:

I - and possibly others - would be interested in whether the enlarged sounds.pak and certain related other files on the PTS client build are planned to carry over to the live version.

From what I can tell the main change there is the addition of Russian localization, so probably yes.

#25 katoult

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 08:28 AM

Am primarily wondering since the 4game release was planned to have an effective forced client-side switch to Russian, and bringing that to the main build would require either an alternative MWO Portal or patching the current loader with such a selection.

We do already have content from the localization effort in the main build files which has not been made available in the general client (a warhorn), so just because it's there doesn't necessarily mean it will be rolled out on the regular client.

#26 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:02 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 May 2022 - 05:19 PM, said:

There won't be rewards for playing on the PTS.

Understood, and here's to the hope that the PTS will go well without any issues which might disrupt the May 2022 Patch happening on schedule... And the same for any future ones which you'll feel are worth doing... I'm getting the impression you only wish for die-hard fans who were never that worried about added Rewards in the end checking this out right now? ;)

As a note of "opposition's advocate" for reference (I am seriously not trying to give you headaches/troubles with these thoughts!), it so happens that 'TheUltimateGhost' and I may have mentioned it because of a like for these kind of things, but there was one thing we forgot to mention. In the past when a PTS would result in giving Live Game Rewards to players, that actually drove up the total count of people checking it out. In turn this enabled stress testing on a much greater scale, and enabled whoever was handling the PTS at that time to get much more data in short order for fixing things with. Take this as you wish (even though I really intend it in the most positive sense), but perhaps that is something to consider with the next (and/or even the current) PTS run's occurrence? :o

~D. V. "cheers to a good PTS run... doesn't consider PTS avoiding Live Rewards as fun-killing, but thinks them helpful" Devnull

#27 katoult

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:11 AM

For documentation:

Posted Image

Faction Groups are not available in the PTS build.

Trace: Create Group -> Click "Quick Play" to select Group Type

-> Should have options "Quick Play" / "Faction" / "Event Queue"

Edited by katoult, 11 May 2022 - 10:12 AM.

#28 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:15 AM

Where and How do we provide feedback?

#29 Nondescript Machine

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:18 AM

Anyone playing right now? Was hoping to get a few matches in, but doesn't seem like there's enough people on.

#30 PrometheusTNO

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:24 AM

View PostSurn, on 11 May 2022 - 10:15 AM, said:

Where and How do we provide feedback?

I started this thread in Public Test Sessions. Seems like the right place for a thread but they hadn't started one yet:
https://mwomercs.com...h-pts-feedback/

#31 TTB

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 45 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:40 AM

• Event queue 50% bonus armor is like an invisible shield. Hits will only show hitreg once the bonus armor is actually broken.
  • Sometimes skill points will miss selection of one or two nodes in between when selecting the whole tree.
  • Your ingame settings can be imported into the PTS by copying over your profile folder.
  • UI problems (e.g. buttons with weird dev text)? Add user.cfg to main folder. Add in this string: g_language = english

Edited by TTB, 11 May 2022 - 11:23 AM.

#32 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:15 AM

Anyone want to tell me why the Skill Nodes are going whacked and bouncing out a bunch when trying to examine without changing? I thought they were not supposed to change? One of my mastered Mechs lost 42 of its' Active Nodes with only a cryptic dialog prior! :(

~D. V. "a tad confused due to Skill Trees not behaving as claimed" Devnull

#33 Ghost Sun

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 7 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:35 AM

after update an all im getting a error code 50 at the login screen

Edited by Ghost Sun, 11 May 2022 - 11:36 AM.

#34 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:40 AM

And another snag got hit... I'm not hearing the On-Board Computer Dialog's Audio or even the Command Wheel Dialog's Audio over on the PTS system... Guessing this was another unintended error... :(

~D. V. "suffering from not hearing the audio feedback during PTS battles" Devnull

#35 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,594 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:47 AM

Just remember that PTS currencies will never transceiver to the live servers.

#36 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:54 AM

Kodiak with all armor and structure nodes on shouldn't be killable with bewol 200 dmg during the current event right ? and no no headshots just ct cleared out

Edited by The Basilisk, 11 May 2022 - 11:55 AM.

#37 Dr34dn0ugh7

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 12:57 PM

Maybe now is the time to repitch this idea since we have a PTS.

"Why do ATMs do extra damage at short range? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense that a warheads damage would depend on range.

But what if they had no warhead? They could be kinetic missiles. Make them accelerate very quickly to a very high speed up to 120 meters and then they coast (steering with fins so they still seek) the rest of their flight. Give them a damage ramp up to max damage 0 until like 90 and then ramp up from there to max at 120. Then they start to lose velocity.

This would make for an interesting weapon that is very different from anything else in the game. AMS would chew them up at longer range as they slow down making them inferior to LRMs at these distances but at shorter range they would be much more difficult to shoot down. However this speed would also effectively weaken their tracking at short range as they have less time to correct their trajectory making them inferior to streaks for light hunting.

This gives them that multipurpose jack of all trades master of none utility that seems to be the intention of the devs wile still having them behave as a unique weapon system.

Just some Ideas, Thanks for reading."

#38 minnowzzz

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 01:23 PM

Can anyone get into hot and heavy?

#39 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 May 2022 - 01:45 PM

View PostDr34dn0ugh7, on 11 May 2022 - 12:57 PM, said:

Maybe now is the time to repitch this idea since we have a PTS.

"Why do ATMs do extra damage at short range? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense that a warheads damage would depend on range.

But what if they had no warhead? They could be kinetic missiles. Make them accelerate very quickly to a very high speed up to 120 meters and then they coast (steering with fins so they still seek) the rest of their flight. Give them a damage ramp up to max damage 0 until like 90 and then ramp up from there to max at 120. Then they start to lose velocity.

This would make for an interesting weapon that is very different from anything else in the game. AMS would chew them up at longer range as they slow down making them inferior to LRMs at these distances but at shorter range they would be much more difficult to shoot down. However this speed would also effectively weaken their tracking at short range as they have less time to correct their trajectory making them inferior to streaks for light hunting.

This gives them that multipurpose jack of all trades master of none utility that seems to be the intention of the devs wile still having them behave as a unique weapon system.

Just some Ideas, Thanks for reading."

So the reason ATM ammo switches damage values is because there are supposed to be three separate types of ammo that you switch between. One shrinks the size of the warhead to fit more propellant, and one reduces the amount of propellant to fit a larger warhead, and then you have your standard medium range missiles. PGI couldn't figure out how to do ammo switching (even though I think several mods have managed to introduce it to MW5), and implemented the weird damage drop-off we have, instead.

Additionally, the High Explosive ATM rounds didn't have a minimum range, while the longer-ranged options did.

The caveat to this flexibility is that you have to take three tons of ammunition to have one ton of each option, and if you used up one category of ammo, you were stuck with the other two.

EDIT: You could conceivably only take one type of ammo, and just take three tons of it (HE ammo is the one that does 3 pts of damage per missile), but then you're left with a very low maximum range and no long-range option should you need it. All about trade offs.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 11 May 2022 - 01:46 PM.

#40 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:35 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 May 2022 - 11:15 AM, said:

Anyone want to tell me why the Skill Nodes are going whacked and bouncing out a bunch when trying to examine without changing? I thought they were not supposed to change? One of my mastered Mechs lost 42 of its' Active Nodes with only a cryptic dialog prior! Posted Image

~D. V. "a tad confused due to Skill Trees not behaving as claimed" Devnull

^^^^
This is what I'm afraid of happening when this goes live... especially if the nodes you've unlocked aren't in "sequence" as the new structure seems to want, and thus your mechs become unmastered with unusable unlocked nodes not connected to the rest... requiring more SP spending to fix?

PGI will need to make a plan with this, or be willing to provide players with compensation GSP packages.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users