4 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 10 May 2022 - 12:49 PM

You think I would learn to accept life's little things, designed to drive me nuts. Well, mother nature decided to throw me a curve ball.

The morning was cool, and it had recently rained. I open the car door, and find an ant crawling upon my arm. No big deal. I brushed the ant off.

Then I looked at the car door frame. Dozens of little black ants were crawling along it, some with bits of leaves...

Wanna guess what was waiting for me in the car seat. Yeah, the mother load. A ball of ants the size of my fist. I'm glad I was not in a hurry and just plopped down into the seat without looking...thank goodness for such a small mercy.

Problem, do I really want to smell bug spray all the way into town. Thanks Mother Nature...

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 06:23 PM

i once went nuclear on a fire ant nest after they killed the beloved family tortoise. he was a good pet, he would cuddle up to your feet with his shell, he would come when called and loved getting scritches. he should have outlived us all. we were so pissed off we went and got 3 different kinds of poison and a can of gas. we used the gas first, poured a gallon down the nest and lit it. when the fire went out we poured in the first container of poison down it. there were still survivors the next day so we did another can of poison. the 3rd day there was nothing left alive and we dunked it with the last of the poison anyway out of spite.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 May 2022 - 06:24 PM.

#3 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 15 May 2022 - 11:50 PM

Your title sounds like I can make a horror movie out of it or some kind of ant themed SLG game.

#4 Fnord Asteroid

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 76 posts
  • LocationThe River

Posted 01 June 2022 - 07:00 AM

cheap cologne sprayed where they are entering or where you see them most
stick with it, persistence pays

the alcohol and scents mess up their comms
they get lost and starve to death
colony collapse

#5 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 13 June 2022 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for the advice about the cologne, sounds like it mighty work better than nuking them with Boric Acid. And yes, Anjian, sometimes I think my life is part horror story. You open your front door before the sun comes up, and there is "eyeshine" across the way, with big golden eyes looking back at you and they are taller than the neighbors fense, and he dosen't own a dog. No depends jokes please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users