24 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:42 AM

I recently upgraded my PC because after the soundcard one of the dual-core CPU's core also dead. Now I have a new PC what better and faster to render albeit have some troubles: MWO not works on it!

It have:
Intel i5-2500 quadcore CPU with integrated Intel® HD Graphics 2000
16GB DDR3 memory
Win7 Pro with SP1 + updatet NETframework and DirectX11

Usually game not even starts.
If does I can not set up things in the options (like set DX9 to DX11 or change resolution) because despite I DO SAVE nothing changes!
If try to move the mech to turn around in the hangar (decals!) it wildly shakes until the game crashes...
If successfully enter testing grounds (launch QP or FP cause crash) it slow like hell, react with delays and would crash...

Frustrating. Tried custom launcher batch file but the results are the same. Perhaps it needs a dedicated 3D graphic card instead of the integrated one?
Or it needs human sacrifice?
Anything? Something? Nothing?

Now I feel sad that MWO ceased to work for me. Rarely could we win 4 mechs in a month...
And miss FP! :(

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:31 AM

"integrated Intel® HD Graphics 2000"

Check the bios, see if you can modify the memory allocation to the graphics chip. This is a 2011 chipset and may be hard coded to a 128mb memory architecture.

Otherwise, you're going to want to use an MWO user.cfg file and edit the settings there until you get something useful.

https://mwomercs.com...de-and-usercfg/

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 11 May 2022 - 11:32 AM.

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:37 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 11 May 2022 - 10:42 AM, said:

I recently upgraded my PC because after the soundcard one of the dual-core CPU's core also dead. Now I have a new PC what better and faster to render albeit have some troubles: MWO not works on it!

It have:
16GB DDR3 memory

Check the MWO system requirements, please:

Posted Image

#4 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 11:44 AM

Sounds like you got tricked into a downgrade. A Ryzen iGPU could probably run MWO but Intel nope. Ideally a discrete GPU is needed.

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 12:06 PM

View Postmartian, on 11 May 2022 - 11:37 AM, said:

Check the MWO system requirements, please:

Posted Image

It MIGHT run on Windows 7 with the updates he has specified, as they'll provide the API call compatibility. Since he can start the game, that's a good indicator. Its the GPU that is giving him fits, I'll bet.

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 12:17 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 11 May 2022 - 12:06 PM, said:

It MIGHT run on Windows 7 with the updates he has specified, as they'll provide the API call compatibility. Since he can start the game, that's a good indicator. Its the GPU that is giving him fits, I'll bet.

Quite possibly.

#7 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 May 2022 - 12:28 PM

I feel your frustration...

Besides the helpful folks' above advice, you can also contact MWO Support:
support@mwomercs.com
accounts@mwomercs.com

It have:
16GB DDR3 memory

Usually game not even starts.
If does I can not set up things in the options (like set DX9 to DX11 or change resolution) because despite I DO SAVE nothing changes!
If try to move the mech to turn around in the hangar (decals!) it wildly shakes until the game crashes...
If successfully enter testing grounds (launch QP or FP cause crash) it slow like hell, react with delays and would crash...

Frustrating. Tried custom launcher batch file but the results are the same. Perhaps it needs a dedicated 3D graphic card instead of the integrated one?
Or it needs human sacrifice?

Now I feel sad that MWO ceased to work for me. Rarely could we win 4 mechs in a month...
And miss FP! Posted Image

#8 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:26 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 11 May 2022 - 12:06 PM, said:

It MIGHT run on Windows 7...

Runs just fine on Windows 7 for me.

Win7 Pro, SP1, DirectX 11, .NETframework 4.8
AMD FX-6300 (3.5 GHz hexcore)
16 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 750 Ti

It's been running MWO just fine since I got this rig in 2016. At the time it was a budget gaming rig, I'm sure it's waaa~ay behind the times for a gaming rig these days.

EDIT: The OP is running with onboard graphics chips, instead of an actual video card. I'mma thinking that might be the issue. If he still has his old rig, he should be able to scavenge the old video card out of it and get things working.

Edited by Escef, 11 May 2022 - 02:28 PM.

#9 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:31 PM

A quick Google search finds... uh... this...

#10 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:53 PM

MWO runs mostly on single core....."new pc"....."i5 2500" ??? what???? that processor is like 10-12 years old!!!

to play on mwo at 60-80 fps in 1080p you need at least an i7 4790k (50-100 euro) and a gtx 1060 6gb (120-150 euro), still super old crap, but at least it will work......

#11 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 May 2022 - 02:55 PM

View PostD A T A, on 11 May 2022 - 02:53 PM, said:

MWO runs mostly on single core....."new pc"....."i5 2500" ??? what???? that processor is like 10-12 years old!!!

to play on mwo at 60-80 fps in 1080p you need at least an i7 4790k (50-100 euro) and a gtx 1060 6gb (120-150 euro), still super old crap, but at least it will work......

According to the gentleman in the video I linked, the on-board graphics chipset he has isn't even compatible with DirectX 11.

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 03:54 PM

wow that system sounds worse than the one i use as a media center pc. and thats been superseeded by 4 builds.

the mcpc is probibly going to get replaced with my old 4790k as soon as i can find a cooler that fits in the slim chassis. the tall version of the intel stock cooler doesnt fit in the space between the cpu and the optical drive bracket. i think i need to find a horizontal flow cooler.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 May 2022 - 04:28 PM.

#13 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 04:04 PM

View PostEscef, on 11 May 2022 - 02:26 PM, said:

If he still has his old rig, he should be able to scavenge the old video card out of it and get things working.

Seconded. Hope he got salvage rights in his unit's contract! Posted Image

#14 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 12 May 2022 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for the answers!

I am on to get a graphic card. Hope that would solve troubles.
Still the current PC is faster and stronger. What I render took 3 hours on the previous the current do within 10 minutes. It is just better for render and PhotoShop :P

#15 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 May 2022 - 12:49 PM

The 2xxx series Intel Core CPUs are something like ten years old at this point. Unless you bought it for fifty bucks or less, whoever sold it to you ripped you off.

Edited by Horseman, 13 May 2022 - 12:50 PM.

#16 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 May 2022 - 01:20 PM

View PostHorseman, on 13 May 2022 - 12:49 PM, said:

The 2xxx series Intel Core CPUs are something like ten years old at this point. Unless you bought it for fifty bucks or less, whoever sold it to you ripped you off.

While you don't need 60-80 FPS to play this game (for most folks, it's overkill), you should at least have a rig that can do 20-30 consistently. It's kinda scary when people try to play this game on a machine that might as well be a cell phone.

#17 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 May 2022 - 12:00 AM

View PostEscef, on 13 May 2022 - 01:20 PM, said:

While you don't need 60-80 FPS to play this game (for most folks, it's overkill), you should at least have a rig that can do 20-30 consistently. It's kinda scary when people try to play this game on a machine that might as well be a cell phone.
Hey, at least he's not that guy, complaining that an eight year old card he bought for $20 (FAR below minimum spec) should run the game at 30 FPS...

Edited by Horseman, 14 May 2022 - 12:03 AM.

#18 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 02:46 AM

View PostHorseman, on 13 May 2022 - 12:49 PM, said:

Definitely not worth much today but I'm still using i5-2500k (I have actually never used anything else to play this game) worked good enough to get me to 99 percentile.

Easily overclocks +1GHz with aircooling. Not sure if OPs version of CPU (not k-model) overclocks that well.

Edited by Curccu, 14 May 2022 - 02:53 AM.

#19 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 04:31 AM

View PostCurccu, on 14 May 2022 - 02:46 AM, said:

Definitely not worth much today but I'm still using i5-2500k (I have actually never used anything else to play this game) worked good enough to get me to 99 percentile.

Easily overclocks +1GHz with aircooling. Not sure if OPs version of CPU (not k-model) overclocks that well.

my 'good enough to run mwo'pc still uses an i5, too - and overclocking those (without the 'do as you will'-k) is a thing of teensy, tiny babysteps that aren't worth it.
intel made sure that those things 'work', and if you want a cpu you can tinker with, you gotta pay for the K (or go the AMD-route).

that being said: a fast-enough i5 WITH an okay graphiccard is enough to make mwo playable, even without OCing either.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 14 May 2022 - 04:31 AM.

#20 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 May 2022 - 06:23 AM

View PostCurccu, on 14 May 2022 - 02:46 AM, said:

I'm referring to Falcon describing it as a new PC that he recently upgraded to. No disagreement that it will handle MWO with the addition of a proper video card, it's just that whoever convinced him to use that as an upgrade did him a disservice Posted Image

Edited by Horseman, 14 May 2022 - 06:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users