What Gives?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 06:54 PM

I had 5 MPLs on my Loyalty urbie, ran hot at 1.18. I removed one for a game or two, added another HS, etc. I literally used the same build code I had exported before I changed.. and suddenly my heat management is 1.13?

How?

#2 GunRaptor

• PipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 08:14 PM

Did you misremember?

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 11 May 2022 - 08:36 PM

Post your build code, we’ll see if we can duplicate the issue.

#4 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:43 PM

View PostIhlrath, on 11 May 2022 - 06:54 PM, said:

I had 5 MPLs on my Loyalty urbie, ran hot at 1.18. I removed one for a game or two, added another HS, etc. I literally used the same build code I had exported before I changed.. and suddenly my heat management is 1.13?

How?

First question....

why is your heat dissipation so low? Are you running SHS or something? This is what you should be ideally running; note, this mech has no skill tree nodes either.

Posted Image

#5 Flea King Fleappuccino

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 03:07 AM

Could it be the jump jets?

#6 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 04:42 PM

So turns out.. I'm a moron and was putting in the wrong code.... as for why my heat is so low, I'm running the 180, because one way or another you have to have 10 heat sinks in the the thing. The 170 has 6 in the engine, the 180 has 7. Either way you have to have 10 so you're either pumping 3 or 4 into it to meet minimum. And I run 5 MPLs on it so... it's toasty. But I'll give your build a shot!

#7 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 12 May 2022 - 05:07 PM

If I was going to ignore the ppc quirks I'd run it like this especially now the skill tree changes will mean you can now grab all the armor nodes.

And My Axe

#8 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 10:28 PM

This thread has been moved to Light Mech Builds

#9 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 11:00 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 11 May 2022 - 10:43 PM, said:

First question....

why is your heat dissipation so low? Are you running SHS or something? This is what you should be ideally running; note, this mech has no skill tree nodes either.

Posted Image

This seems woefully unoptimized to me, especially coming from such a resourceful player. How about this um-r80?
You can also exchange one MPL for a lighter ER SL for more armour and JJs um-r80

#10 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 17 May 2022 - 03:22 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 12 May 2022 - 11:00 PM, said:

This seems woefully unoptimized to me, especially coming from such a resourceful player. How about this um-r80?
You can also exchange one MPL for a lighter ER SL for more armour and JJs um-r80

I mean sure, go ahead and link the Grimmech builds, hence why I said "Ideally" as opposed to "should" for the setup, we can pull builds all day from there, but OP was trying to figure out why his heat eff was so crap.

If you want my unfiltered opinion, I'd scrap the MPL build and just build the LPPC setup instead, as others said in here, it performs vastly better because, you know, it's got PPC quirks and all that which anyone should definitely take advantage of considering the boosts are

-15% PPC Heat Gen
+10% PPC Velocity

If you're still reading this OP, try the LPPC build. And on the note of 170 vs 180 for MPLs, note that a LFE 170 weights 5.5 tons while a LFE 180 weighs 7.5 tons. You're expending an extra ton for a single engine heat sink and 3 crit slots, of which the savings are not very useful considering MPLs don't take up very many crit slots to begin with, so you can smash in alot of Double Heat Sinks

Edited by Scout Derek, 17 May 2022 - 03:23 AM.

#11 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 03:39 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 17 May 2022 - 03:22 AM, said:

I mean sure, go ahead and link the Grimmech builds, hence why I said "Ideally" as opposed to "should" for the setup, we can pull builds all day from there, but OP was trying to figure out why his heat eff was so crap.

Nah, I didn't pull these from Grimmechs. It's not exactly rocket science to optimize urbanmechs.
But I fully support the advice to switch to LPPCs on the UM-R80.

#12 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 May 2022 - 07:42 AM

Build ideas for Monthly Free Mechs, including UM-R80 ;)

https://docs.google....Aud8VihUp7zDCUw

https://mwomercs.com...ffed-mech-guide

#13 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 17 May 2022 - 01:52 PM

View PostIhlrath, on 11 May 2022 - 06:54 PM, said:

How?

changing the amout of jump jets will change your heat managment. jump jets produce heat when used

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users