Sound

6 replies to this topic

#1 silentscout66

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 09:47 PM

is there no way to change the playback device while in game been looking everywhere cant seem to find it can change it all for voip but not main sound am i missing something would think in thisd day and age of gaming it would be automatically put in so im hoping im just blind

#2 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:38 PM

View Poststienerscout, on 11 May 2022 - 09:47 PM, said:

is there no way to change the playback device while in game been looking everywhere cant seem to find it can change it all for voip but not main sound am i missing something would think in thisd day and age of gaming it would be automatically put in so im hoping im just blind

ESC>Settings>Audio>Playback Device.

Posted Image

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 12 May 2022 - 02:38 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 11 May 2022 - 10:38 PM, said:

That's not what they're looking for, as they know how to do VoIP Settings already. Instead, they want to know where the setting is for routing all the other audio which MWO puts out. Unfortunately since Win7 happened, those MicroSoft nuts moved it once again. :mellow:

~D. V. "setting the output for all non-VoIP audio is elsewhere" Devnull

#4 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 12 May 2022 - 05:17 AM

Oh I (finally) get what OP is asking...

He's using VOIP set at master volume "5", but at this master volume "5", the MWO game sounds drown out the VOIP voices.
~Turning *down* the master volume causes VOIP to be unusable (cannot hear others).
~Talking about throwing out the baby with the bathwater...

View Poststienerscout, on 11 May 2022 - 09:47 PM, said:

In Win10, here's how to control volume level by each program in a granular level:

[Start]>>[Settings]>>[System]>>[Sound]>>[Advanced_Sound_Options]>>[App_Volume_&_Device_Preferences]

MWO = 100% Sound ==> set to 50% Sound as an example

VOIP_program = 100% Sound ==> suggest keep this at 100% Sound

Hope this helps!

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 12 May 2022 - 10:58 AM

View Postw0qj, on 12 May 2022 - 05:17 AM, said:

Oh I (finally) get what OP is asking...

He's using VOIP set at master volume "5", but at this master volume "5", the MWO game sounds drown out the VOIP voices.
~Turning *down* the master volume causes VOIP to be unusable (cannot hear others).
~Talking about throwing out the baby with the bathwater...

<<< snip >>>

In Win10, here's how to control volume level by each program in a granular level:

[Start]>>[Settings]>>[System]>>[Sound]>>[Advanced_Sound_Options]>>[App_Volume_&_Device_Preferences]

MWO = 100% Sound ==> set to 50% Sound as an example

VOIP_program = 100% Sound ==> suggest keep this at 100% Sound

Hope this helps!

That's not quite it either. It so happens that '' is having trouble telling MWO what the Non-VoIP audio is supposed to be physically routed to. They need instructions for what physical Device to select in Windows and how to do it, but I don't have enough info myself to help them. If they had said what version of Windows they were running, that might have helped us all. Unfortunately, my ability to help them is more limited to Windows 7 due to what MicroSoft has done to later versions, as the interfaces have changed far too extensively and my knowledge can not translate. :unsure:

~D. V. "we need to give '' instructions outside of MWO for physical Windows device routing" Devnull

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 May 2022 - 05:19 PM

Depends on the version of Windows you have. I'm running Win 10 21H2.
I right-click the sound icon in the Notification Tray (by the clock) and select Sound Settings.
Look for Related Settings. The second hyperlink under there is Sound Control Panel. Click it.
On this small applet window, you can right-click to change the default speaker and/or disable speakers entirely (useful if you dock to a monitor and Windows recognizes it as a potential speaker).
Importantly, you can set a Default Communication Device and a Default Device. These can be the same speaker option or different.

But I'm not sure MWO's integrated VOIP has a separate slider and it probably isn't recognized in Windows as VoIP so I don't know that the OP will find an answer here.
From Scout Derek's pic, there isn't a separate slider for in-game sounds vs. in-game VoIP.

Now if you're talking about an external program, that's all going to be adjusted using Window's Volume Mixer and other settings.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 12 May 2022 - 05:26 PM.

#7 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 06:58 PM

You can't change the output device ingame. You gotta change it in windows and restart the game everytime you do it.
Welcome to 2022.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users