Uac Rework - Since We're Ptsing

9 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 14 May 2022 - 06:17 AM

Posted Image

Remember this? Well, before, Navid pitched this idea for a UAC rework, but never flew because we didn't went to PTS, we just went live.

Now we're PTSing again, so can we please, give this a try?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 14 May 2022 - 06:40 AM.

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 May 2022 - 07:01 AM

I would like to give it a try!!

Also, the "filler" Skill Nodes can be changed to new skills!
(Shock Absorption, hard brake, etc.)

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 14 May 2022 - 07:11 AM

View Postw0qj, on 14 May 2022 - 07:01 AM, said:

Also, the "filler" Skill Nodes can be changed to new skills!
(Shock Absorption, hard brake, etc.)

Both of those have real utility, but admittedly not as much as stuff like heat or armor. Maybe they could have either buffed values and/or consolidated nodes though. They certainly don't need removal.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 15 May 2022 - 06:32 AM

i kind of which i could have my own private pts so i can screw around with some of my own xml tweaks in the testing grounds. or better yet add a "load custom xml" button to custom games.

View PostFupDup, on 14 May 2022 - 07:11 AM, said:

Both of those have real utility, but admittedly not as much as stuff like heat or armor. Maybe they could have either buffed values and/or consolidated nodes though. They certainly don't need removal.

shock absorption is a defacto 5th jumpjet skill. with 25 nodes that go to buffing jump jets (which are practically unusable in their stock state), i figured that was ripe for a cull. knock them down to 4 nodes each and increase by 20% (or better yet buff the stock jjs 20% and forget about it. max remains where it is). this is the kind of cleanup they should have done.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 May 2022 - 06:39 AM.

#5 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 May 2022 - 10:21 AM

I wonder if they could change it so that what jams is the double-loading feature. Then a jammed UAC would operate like a regular one until the jam is cleared. Functionally, this is like how UAC boats work anyway, one weapon jams but the firing continues at the lower DPS using the others until they all jam or firing stops on purpose. This preserves the trigger-mashing experience. Posted Image

#6 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 10:48 AM

For whatever reason removing the RNG mechanic of UAC's is considered a cardinal sin, even if the heat is adjusted to achieve the exact equal limitation that the Jam mechanic adds. The removal of the jam mechanic would be a massive QoL improvement and would open up a myriad of builds such as allowing mechs to take a single ultra autocannon rather than needing to boat them to ensure they don't suddenly lose all their weapons for an extended period from rng jams.
It'd be such an easy change to make too. You add heat and possibly cooldown to balance the removal of jams, then you convert any mech with a UAC jam chance/duration quirk to a UAC heat/cooldown quirk to keep it inline as to what it originally was, except now you can actually be consistent about it.

I would 100% love an Event Queue where we use Navid's numbers and remove the jam chance. See how it plays for a while and if it looks good, do the inevitable number tuning it'll need and push it to the main client.

#7 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:38 AM

RNG mechanic is just *beep*. It is priceless when you want to go full out and after the first double tap you sit there without weapons and the enemy laughing his [redacted] off.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 17 May 2022 - 09:27 PM.
language

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 05:03 PM

jam should happen with spam, not dice roll. sometimes its the gift that keeps on giving and other times its a useless paperweight.

#9 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:32 PM

This thread has been moved to Feature Suggestions

#10 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 02:57 PM

well the ULTRA cannons do jam to often STILL --- i think turning them do to almost off is a better idea, being a clanner, the weapon helped open up the IS. woot
I also was a weapons guys in the army, i spend a whole week with a wing man cleaning and working on a cannon, IT IS great to here pilot say, i love a hum, and a dust cloud, WOOT.

SAWK CLANNER

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users