#1 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 May 2022 - 10:05 AM

You can modify it to be a supplement to the game.

2 Modes!

A. 1v1 (with a random roll on which category you compete) So our lovely players (including me) measure their mech e -peen on Duels that give nice Cbill boost and the usual Solaris visual accessories)

B. Free for All (Self Explanatory but with a twisted Hint: A valid operational mech roll-pick randomly from your inventory or a premade set of mechs you have for this gamemode) and MAYHEM!

NO LEADER BOARDS FOR THIS - Cause stats lead to toxicity and rank shaming.

Edited by Alexandros, 15 May 2022 - 09:23 AM.

#2 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 May 2022 - 03:39 PM

hmm you are to late, it did not work well, the replacment is being worked on : )

SAWK CLANNER

#3 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 May 2022 - 05:29 PM

View PostSawk, on 15 May 2022 - 03:39 PM, said:

hmm you are to late, it did not work well, the replacment is being worked on : )

SAWK CLANNER

Ah the events would arena like styled? I like :)

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 05:12 PM

and its gone dot gif.

#5 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 29 May 2022 - 05:10 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 26 May 2022 - 05:12 PM, said:

and its gone dot gif.

And yet "Solaris 7" somehow still shown on the login screen and website, guess they should remove it everywhere since it doesn't make sense when it's not there anymore Posted Image

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 29 May 2022 - 05:11 PM.

#6 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 01:19 AM

S7 will stay there more likely than not as a trademark place holder in case PGI or rather EG7 want to develop another game. However, yes, a lot of things about the money and development time sink S7 was, doesn't and never will make sense.

#7 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 187 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 01 June 2022 - 04:14 PM

View Postcazeral, on 30 May 2022 - 01:19 AM, said:

S7 will stay there more likely than not as a trademark place holder in case PGI or rather EG7 want to develop another game. However, yes, a lot of things about the money and development time sink S7 was, doesn't and never will make sense.

You are looking far too deeply into this. It costs less resources (read: zero) to keep the current "MechWarrior Online Solaris 7" branding rather than go through the rigmarole of designing a new brand and updating it everywhere for zero benefit

#8 Maverick Zero

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2022 - 12:22 AM

What we need here is some kind of custom game.
Like... I wanted to play a game with my kids. In MW4 we liked to open up a custom game and just start blasting away.
Neither MW5 nor MWO offer that. This way we (and I guess other people out there as well) are stuck with MW4 MekTek.
Sure, we could just open a group and join quick play. But playing AGAINST another? Not even S7 offered that option in a fashionable way.
How about giving us the option to play custom games? Enable some special rules like... say... only urbies but unlimited jump jets? Limitations on tonnage, heat vision only, multiple drops... you name it.
Forget any XP, C-Bills or rewards whatever and you're ready to go. No need for AI-enemies as well. Just a simple way to play against each other.
Shouldn't be difficult to implement but this would give the game more flexibility.

Sure, this is a competitive multiplayer game. But I see a custom/free game mode more in MWO than I do in MW5.

#9 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 04 July 2022 - 01:01 AM

View PostMaverick Zero, on 04 July 2022 - 12:22 AM, said:

What we need here is some kind of custom game.
Like... I wanted to play a game with my kids. In MW4 we liked to open up a custom game and just start blasting away.
Neither MW5 nor MWO offer that. This way we (and I guess other people out there as well) are stuck with MW4 MekTek.
Sure, we could just open a group and join quick play. But playing AGAINST another? Not even S7 offered that option in a fashionable way.
How about giving us the option to play custom games? Enable some special rules like... say... only urbies but unlimited jump jets? Limitations on tonnage, heat vision only, multiple drops... you name it.
Forget any XP, C-Bills or rewards whatever and you're ready to go. No need for AI-enemies as well. Just a simple way to play against each other.
Shouldn't be difficult to implement but this would give the game more flexibility.

Sure, this is a competitive multiplayer game. But I see a custom/free game mode more in MWO than I do in MW5.

This is what the Private Lobby is for. You can setup everything you like there.

#10 Maverick Zero

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2022 - 04:03 AM

Omg, how in the world could I have missed that? Thanks a lot!

#11 Drunk Ghost

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2022 - 08:20 AM

Solaris.... gone too soon. RIP. Press F chat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users