New Platinum Collections 03 And Events

6 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 09:16 AM

NEW PLATINUM COLLECTION 'MECHS and events!

CLAN PLATINUM 03
4 Special 'Mechs with a +30% C-Bill boost
- Incubus INC-4 (P)
- Vapor Eagle VGL-3 (P)
- Hellfire HLF-A (P)
- Kodiak KDK-3 (P)

4 'Mech bays included
The Platinum Skin is unlocked for all variants of the above chassis'

IS PLATINUM 03
4 Special 'Mechs with a +30% C-Bill boost
- Spider SDR-5D (P)
- Cicada CDA-3M (P)
- Jagermech JM6-DD (P)
- King Crab KGC-000 (P)

4 'Mech bays included
The Platinum Skin is unlocked for all variants of the above chassis'

NEW PLATINUM COLLECTION EVENTS

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 May 2022 - 09:29 AM

Yay, KDK-3(P) & KGC-000(P)!

Thank you MWO for listening, KDK-3(P) finally!!

You can actually change your Platinum paint job to Gold!
I also wants my Gold Annihilator ;)

Gold Kodiak = Jade Falcon Gold + Platinum Camo !
Platinum Kodiak = Titanium White + Platinum Camo !
Gun Metal Grey Kodiak = Obsidian Black + Platinum Camo !

#3 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 25 May 2022 - 11:03 AM

Thank you for these packs!

I really love what you did with the IS pack, providing the Cicada and Jagermech types as plat that would have been the collector versions if there had been collector versions.

The King Crab is also a fun choice as its basically the anti Kaiju in its energy ballistic slots.

I adore the little sneaky ECM spider! With its innate 30% cbill it is now finally super cost effective to load up fully with UAVs and strategic strikes.

For the Clan pack, I found the mech choices interesting, but the Kodiak 3 is a wonderful choice.

Overall I have been loving these Plat packs and their events! These are a wonderful way to let newer players build up on some revenue generating mechs. Thank you!

Side note: For the next set of packs, is there any way we can make requests or vote on the contents? If so I would really like to vote for the following for the IS:
Assault - Corsair 7A
Heavy - Thunderbolt 9SE, OR any Warhammer or roughneck not already available as a Special
Medium - Griffin 2N
Light - Raven 3L (for the same reasons as the Spider up above)

#4 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 25 May 2022 - 11:17 AM

Oh another side note:

Is there ANYWAY possible that PGI could unlock the platinum skin treatment to other skins we have for purchased mechs?
Specifically if a player bought a collector mech or a hero mech, then that unique skin could be unlocked for the player to use on other mechs of the class class.

For example I really like the skin on the Madcat II hero so I get the Madcat II hero, and then I can use the Madcat II hero skin on other Madcat IIs just like we can do now with the platinum skins.

This could create incentive for some players to get some mechs they might not otherwise get. Also future Plat Packs could then offer items like Founder mechs as plat mechs, but the founders would still retain their unique skins and be able to use those on additional mechs. In that case it would be a net gain of capabilities for both founders and newer players.

#5 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 02:42 PM

Patch mech sales when? We got the nechbay/GSP sales, but none of the May-hem patched mech sales are showing up in the store.

#6 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 27 May 2022 - 05:50 PM

The Uziel-2S next please! Or the 3P.

#7 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 05:56 AM

View PostJOATMON Incorporated, on 25 May 2022 - 11:17 AM, said:

Oh another side note:

Is there ANYWAY possible that PGI could unlock the platinum skin treatment to other skins we have for purchased mechs?
Specifically if a player bought a collector mech or a hero mech, then that unique skin could be unlocked for the player to use on other mechs of the class class.

For example I really like the skin on the Madcat II hero so I get the Madcat II hero, and then I can use the Madcat II hero skin on other Madcat IIs just like we can do now with the platinum skins.

This could create incentive for some players to get some mechs they might not otherwise get. Also future Plat Packs could then offer items like Founder mechs as plat mechs, but the founders would still retain their unique skins and be able to use those on additional mechs. In that case it would be a net gain of capabilities for both founders and newer players.

You just described something that has annoyed me for many years! Posted Image

Not being able to apply the MCII Hero skin of the Death Strike to for example the MCII-B is just plain customer unfriendly! :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users