Feedback On Skillpoints + Cost

feedback skillpoints

No replies to this topic

#1 PokeyRodger

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2022 - 01:52 AM

I'm pretty new to the forums; I think this the correct place to give feedback on the recent changes to the skillpoint system and their C-bill costs.
To introduce myself, I’m a recent player in comparison to most players, and started playing in spring last year. During that time, I’ve played this game quite often, atleats every week, with a total playtime of 737.5 hours, and acquired 113 mechs and I’ve reached Tier 1 for a week or 3 now.

The feedback I want to give is positive towards PGI. Thank you very much for making these changes.
The reason for this feedback, was the low experience acquisition rate and high C-bill costs.
I found the experience gain was very low, which equated to 2-5 skill points per match.
In a same regard, the C-bills that were earned each match would all be spend on said skillpoints.
Note, I do almost play exclusively with premium time and hero mech’s equipped with 2x5%+ C-bill cockpit items.

With the recent patch changes the amount of skill points gained rose drastically. I do not have exact numbers, but it’s a lot more. A lot of C-bills are also saved, so gives me a net positive gain, when I skill a mech whilst I play.

Thank you for these changes, as this encourages me to play more mechs, as more C-bills are left to buy more mechs as well as equipment’s for them. Weapons and engines are costly even on sale, however skillpoints were a huge fixed cost ontop of any mech.
The easier access to skillpoints makes the game more fun, and encourages different setups and play styles.
And the skillpoints make a huge difference in the playability of certain mechs, which gives more fun to play said mechs.

Indirectly, due to me wanting to play more types of mech I’ve bought more MechBay packs, and I’ve bought more hero mech since they do have unique loadout, quirks and gameplay to them.

With kind regards,
PokeyRodger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users