Lights Are Ridiculously Op In This Game

9 replies to this topic

#1 KabukiOne

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 01:34 PM

Over the last few days, I've run into squads of good players all in lights. They just destroy everything. Heck, I haven't even played 2 months so far, and I LOVE seeing a heavy or assault by itself if I'm in a light. I know I'll probably kill him, or at least wreck him where he's useless the rest of the battle. It makes no sense.

I'm bottom of the barrel tier 5, and I can easily see how badly op lights are. How the heck haven't the tier 1 players just romped over everyone with them?

Edited by KabukiOne, 29 May 2022 - 01:35 PM.

#2 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 May 2022 - 02:29 PM

LOL that is because most of playing pilots are in tier 5, i drift between tier 5 and tier 4, and depending on the time zone, how many tier 4 and 3 are playing -- which are not that many : )
NOW about the match maker it should never let a tier 1 player see a tier 5, maybe you joined a team with some tier 1 folks but odds are you have yet to see the most deadly folks, i understand you though.
YOU SIR are still in the learning curve, its is mostly about 2 to 3 months for the very best, and likely a year for many who can not play everyday.

I WISH YOU LUCK

SAWK CLANNER

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,803 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 29 May 2022 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, wait until you see a veteran heavy or assault mech player fight off said lights. Forget pulse lasers or streak missiles, a big bag of pinpoint damage punches giant holes in tiny mechs. Wait, exhale, fire. Posted Image

That said, if you get jumped by 3 mechs, it doesn't matter WHAT size mechs those are, 3 to 1 odds kinda has you on the losing end!

#4 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 29 May 2022 - 11:59 PM

Light mechs are op against mechs that have pilots with poor situational awareness and can't aim.

Trust. By the time you get to tier 3 and higher they pop pretty fast even in packs.

#5 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 June 2022 - 04:12 PM

yup i have been jumped by 2 plus lights, even standing long side others, folks wonder why run jump jet timber wolfs solo, because i am solo, i am very good at hitting, and get it when they run past you and attack me===== one day you will learn.

SAWK CLANNER

#6 Tipsy Elf

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 10:40 PM

I would say that Piranha is only OP light.
But as you told, team of lights slaughters everything, its same with team of meds, heavys or assaults. Group of skilled players does allways better than guys who try run solo.

#7 JPeiper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 02:57 AM

I'm not going to muck about on this qu, I don't care if people don't like it. 3 years play and tier 2 not in a faction or team. Many lights, mainly urbies, pir's mist lynx ARE op -massively so. It's killing the game. look at player numbers and the giveaways that are on, only a light can kill me without me landing a hit on it, by floating around on jj's ,getting under my guns so I can't drop my guns on 'em or the old doom way of circle strafing.
As confirmed by devs, lighs put thier agility bonus toward armour too so when your assault hits a light it does not take the same damage as if you hit an atlas . Yes, I can fight off an average light pilot on my own but put two on me or a pilot who can use a light and I'm down a bit quick, or so wrecked I'm useless after. look at the possible load outs for these things, a plus 100kph speed, mg's and micro/small lasers that take up half the mech.
- I'm not sore at players, we all like to find exploits in games and use to win but this needs to be stopped by the devs, give lighs an enhanced match score for damage/spotting /everything if you like, just don't let it carry on like this.
A new player gets (or shockingly ,buys with real money ) a heavy /assault. plays a few games and cannot hit ,dodge (urbie ppc here!) or survive against a light. goes and finds another game to play. noticed the lack of new players lately ? I am now rage quitting if 2 or more lights "appear " behind me - you have to be in a deathball to live more than 5 mins in a game (deathball vs deathball, no tactics no fun no flanking/angles etc)
What kicked in my rage quitting was actually the events , the heavy /assault only match was so much FUN -played all weekend-did'nt feed the cat ! All the stuff I can't do in QP due to lights was done-and more ,even had a stealth sneek up and
DFA me...
And last, why am I bitching on this forum rather than playing ? 'cause I went to play just now and had to think ,do I quit today when (not if) I get a light up my behind ? sod it, I'll play star cit....bye.

#8 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 16 July 2022 - 03:11 AM

View PostJPeiper, on 16 July 2022 - 02:57 AM, said:

I'm not going to muck about on this qu, I don't care if people don't like it. 3 years play and tier 2 not in a faction or team. Many lights, mainly urbies, pir's mist lynx ARE op -massively so. It's killing the game. look at player numbers and the giveaways that are on, only a light can kill me without me landing a hit on it, by floating around on jj's ,getting under my guns so I can't drop my guns on 'em or the old doom way of circle strafing.
As confirmed by devs, lighs put thier agility bonus toward armour too so when your assault hits a light it does not take the same damage as if you hit an atlas . Yes, I can fight off an average light pilot on my own but put two on me or a pilot who can use a light and I'm down a bit quick, or so wrecked I'm useless after. look at the possible load outs for these things, a plus 100kph speed, mg's and micro/small lasers that take up half the mech.
- I'm not sore at players, we all like to find exploits in games and use to win but this needs to be stopped by the devs, give lighs an enhanced match score for damage/spotting /everything if you like, just don't let it carry on like this.
A new player gets (or shockingly ,buys with real money ) a heavy /assault. plays a few games and cannot hit ,dodge (urbie ppc here!) or survive against a light. goes and finds another game to play. noticed the lack of new players lately ? I am now rage quitting if 2 or more lights "appear " behind me - you have to be in a deathball to live more than 5 mins in a game (deathball vs deathball, no tactics no fun no flanking/angles etc)
What kicked in my rage quitting was actually the events , the heavy /assault only match was so much FUN -played all weekend-did'nt feed the cat ! All the stuff I can't do in QP due to lights was done-and more ,even had a stealth sneek up and
DFA me...

The right thread for complaining that light 'Mechs are OP is here: Light Mechs Are Screwed Up

And last, why am I bitching on this forum rather than playing ? 'cause I went to play just now and had to think ,do I quit today when (not if) I get a light up my behind ? sod it, I'll play star cit....bye.

Can I have your stuff? You will not need it anymore.

#9 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 881 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 July 2022 - 11:50 AM

Oh, another one!
Ahemm...
TRUE! Lights are so OP because they chomp sharks alive and use helos to shot down meteorites! BAN THEM NAUUUW! And do not let OP to OP! Nerf everything what is OP but buff what is not untill those would be OP to!

...rince&repeat...

Sorry, can not left this opportunity...

#10 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 07:24 AM

As confirmed by devs, lighs put thier agility bonus toward armour

Citation required

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users