Mw5 Next Dlc / Free Update Wishlist

10 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 09:40 AM

Just wanted to drop some stuff her that just came up my mind. Feel free to add to the list.
PS: Could be some of the stuff is allready in the game, I haven't paid much attention lately. Also I don't count what mods do because I want official support / addition for the stuff.

- Costum Logos for your unit. Just make a folder where we can drop PNGs

- Costum Paintjob or at least costum colors for your Dropship

- Different Dropships with different capabilities. More mechbays, faster repairs, better med stations...

- Unique pilots for hire that have their own voicelinces and looks

- More command options in the field like chageing formations, ordining units via the battlegrid

- Option to give general instructions to the AI before a drop. For example "Stay at 150m of the enemy", "circle enemys", "use hit & run", "keep out of sight and use indirect LRM fire".

- New Storyline Campaing like Kestral Lancers but with more cinematics (you can do it ^_^ )

- Reworking of Tanks. Make them a tad weaker but let them move in groups AND in formation.
Let them create firing lines or place them dug in. There should be at least 3-5 tanks per group.
That would also mean to reduce their random appearances on the maps. Let them either guard importend targets or if the roam around, let it just be one, maybe two groups not more.
Basicly tread them more like a mech.

- Let us meet/fight other famous Merc or House Units

- Some more physics gameplay like places with destructable terrain like overhanging cliffs, bridges, building that fall to the side, smashing your enemys...or lancemates.
(And a fun mode where we do Union-Dropship-Bownling. Shoot away the landing struts and see it roll away... just kidding, don't do that ^_^ )

- If not allready done, every tech that came up before the Clan invasion. IIRC some stuff that was discovered by the Grey Death Legion was allready showing up before the invasion.

- Clan invasion ... difficulte topic because I think it should be a very one sided battle at the beginning of a big story DLC that slowly turns around with new tech but then...who likes getting his *** handed over in a game. Even if you know you will beat them later on.
Still could be an interesting experiance from just trying to reduce your losses while fighting alongside other merc units or house units, constantly falling back to slowly get a foothold, new tech, new mechs and finaly turn things around.
Storywise I see potential but you need a good writer and lots of hand crafted missions.

On the technical side you would need to implement something like the Batchall system, new AI that follows Clan doctrines. Options for players how to exploit those systems like the IS did. Like using traps, hit and run tactics and other dihonorable tactics. Except you where Draconis Combine warriors...then you just get your *** handed over because honor ^_^
I mean it could be fun for you to choose between accepting a batchall to reduce your units losses or do you go "**** you I go all in" and hope you get out on top? Maybe you know the battlefield well enough to plan a trap?

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 09:08 AM

Yeah, a Unit Logo and Dropship Colours Editor is pretty much an essential - colouring your Unit completely goes a long way with motivation bcs as a player you are more embedded/invested into the game by doing so.

I also would like the option to have a monthly payments for player wages, unit upkeep etc. as money comes in way to easy and has no way to got spend in any significant amount unless you do it artificially.
Only monthly payments in the extend of the current quarterly payments would make me feel a slight need to stay aware of my ficnacials instead of completely ignoring them and spend it totally careless.

Mech Maintenance Crew Management would be a great addition too...

Pls put less security personal on the Leopard and more maintenance personal, the current situation is disproportional toward redundant security personal.

#3 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 02:18 PM

A thing completely underutilized is Co-Op!

First thing that comes to mind is Co-Op rewards for all Co-Op-Players, there was already a crude mod for it but as that only works for PC i really feel Consoleros would be greatly benefit from a PGI Update that brings Co-Op rewards to MW5 especially as it is motivating and makes the player more invested into the game!

Its another essential imho!

#4 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 June 2022 - 02:03 PM

above all FIX THE DAMN IDIOT AI seriously i don't think i have seen AI as dumb as in MWO since Super Nintendo era games. (ok that might be a slight exaggeration but you get the point.)

advancing the timeline to the Clan invasion would also be nice but that would require a **** ton of work that i just don't think PGI are willing to do now that they have our money already. (clan invasion would require nearly as much raw content as the core game before updates. so would likely cost almost as much as the core game did, not something people want to pay for a DLC, hell i go clue why anyone would pay what PGI wants for a new mech pack in MWO let alone a DLC for a single player game)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 29 June 2022 - 02:06 PM.

#5 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 03:17 PM

Honestly, there was some quite good AI back in the days...for MW5 the AI-mod TTrulezAI is making a good impression to me...

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 25 July 2022 - 11:07 PM

i was going to get the latest dlc with my birthday money next month, but im actually looking at this game instead.

#7 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 July 2022 - 10:57 PM

yeah i am holding off on getting the DLC until MerchTech V3.0 is ready since it and its companion PirateTech and pretty much required a requirement to even play the game.

#8 -OUTLAW-

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 01:33 PM

Over the past couple months I have finally gotten around to actually playing MW5 for a decent amount of time and overall, I love the game. MW5 is surprisingly lore-accurate and Mechs actually feel like they should (assaults can assault and lights are instantly taken out if they do not keep moving) and the era-specific map updates are really cool. The Kestrel Lancers DLC had the most and best content by far, although the campaign was fairly short and ends abruptly. What I would like to see added to MW5 before the devs completely abandon it, is a Clan Invasion campaign similar to the Kestrel Lancers campaign, maybe don't let us join the clans, but at least work along side an IS unit defending against the Clans. In the Clan update Clan tech can be added as well and more Mech variants and the timeline can advance another 10 years or so (our character would be in his mid to late 50s or early 60s by then and probably ready to take a break). Finally I hope that, if nothing else, all the Crusader variants get added to the game.

Edited by -OUTLAW-, 26 August 2022 - 01:35 PM.

#9 Drebin Cormack

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 05:45 AM

Maybe a proper campaign? Like any of the Mechwarrior 2-4 games?

#10 FAT JESUS

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 11:48 AM

View PostDrebin Cormack, on 15 September 2022 - 05:45 AM, said:

Maybe a proper campaign? Like any of the Mechwarrior 2-4 games?

HA ! That's not going to happen M8

#11 FAT JESUS

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 06:06 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 28 July 2022 - 10:57 PM, said:

yeah i am holding off on getting the DLC until MerchTech V3.0 is ready since it and its companion PirateTech and pretty much required a requirement to even play the game.

Just checked merchtech and it looks great. Sadly, my copy of MW5 was gifted to me for the Series X so, no merchtech for me. Posted Image Once again the master race winsPosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users