How Does The 'other Competitors In Queue' And 'faction Queue' Numbers Work Anyways?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Urbie Connoisseur

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 09:50 PM

The Other Competitors In Queue number always has the second number almost always higher than the first number, whenever the timer resets the number never change, only when what I assume people leaving since it only goes down one at a time in the middle of the timer, and the Faction Queue number in the Conflicts Panel is always a different number than in the matchmaking screen, with again the second number always higher that the first.

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 04:58 AM

1st number are attackers/ 2nd defenders. More plebs hiding in defence, since it is easier. If u actually search for a game the in displayed number is always one lower, since it is showing u only the "other competitors"...

Let's just sum up pgi and interface...

#3 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 10:03 AM

...... and to continue from Ignat's post, once the FW matchmaker gets 12 pilots for each side, you get a match and the numbers shown in the que will decrease by 12 on each side once the match is initiated.

#4 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 June 2022 - 09:28 AM

View PostJeff on a Buffalo, on 15 June 2022 - 10:03 AM, said:

...... and to continue from Ignat's post, once the FW matchmaker gets 12 pilots for each side, you get a match and the numbers shown in the que will decrease by 12 on each side once the match is initiated.

Usually.
But sometimes around 1 sec remains some people dismisses from the queue and when they return you would be the one who not get enter into the match (yes, groups' priority and such).
Literally those numbers mean that you may (or may not) would enter into a match what is utterly fun but hellish hard. Generally worth to wait!

#5 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 10:54 AM

Duke;
Generally worth the wait? Sure, I guess. It is arguably the better game mode in MWO compared to QP. But idk, I think I saw in the roadmap that they are planning on something wrt FW or a new game mode for this upcoming Tuesday's patch. Since I have heard nothing about it over the past few months I'll assume nothing will come of it but I guess we will see.

#6 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 June 2022 - 11:04 PM

Faction Warfare hasn't really lived up to its promise, for all that I've had a lot of fun playing it. But that was more the fun we made ourselves by buying into the Succession Wars and the Battle of Tukayyid - it was great for my guild to be the main reason that the Free World's League still had planets when FW first launched, for example. But Although there is still merit to the game mode, its appeal and rewards haven't been enough to keep large numbers of people invested, to the sorrow of all.

#7 wilson0x4d

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 12:16 PM

"i want to love FW, i really do, but it doesn't love me back."

i suspect the real reason nobody queues FW is the queue times. at least that has always been my reason. there isn't anything incentivizing me sitting in the FW queue for 10, 20, or 30 minutes. the community solution to this problem has been players asking for more to come join the queue, which sometimes works when people care to look at chat and see they only need 1-2 more people to drop.

if there was some sort of incentive/reward for sitting in the queue instead of mashing the Quick Play button, people would stop dropping from the queue. if you're grinding MC/XP/SP or whatever there is literally a negative incentive to waste your time sitting in the FW queue. if my FW play rewards were "bonused" for sitting in queue, incrementally based on the time i am wasting waiting, that would work for me... but it would "at least" have to match the average rate i gain rewards by just mashing the quick play button over and over.

the only time i can be bothered to wait on FW queue times is when i have other things to do, like work, or troll reddit, and then i treat FW more like "taking a break from what i'm doing to play a quick MWO session."

PGI lacks a financial incentive to address this problem, i think they fail to realize that they lost a lot of players for an extended period because FW was a disappointment many of which may never return. for example i went from spending hundreds a year on mechs to spending $0 after FW launched (invalidating a bunch of my favorite mech builds at the same time also didn't help.)

i get it, having worked at several game companies and having had to manage teams and know their costs. people say snarky trash like "development is hard!!!" but the truth is development is EXPENSIVE, especially good development, lead by good producers, backed by good ideas. doing cheap development never turns out well, it harms stability, inflames gamers, and ultimately hurts profits.

i almost wish MWO had a kickstarter-like program where i could dump money into their pocket for a promise to deliver on feature changes, with a clear roadmap, a roadmap that as a payer could have a literal vote on what comes in or not, and when. i think untold numbers of players would collectively pay for bite-sized piecemeal improvements to the game, and PGI could arrive at a game their players enjoy without wringing their hands over fiscal losses and trying to fling mechpacks with "yet another skin" upon the playerbase. i have doubts it's earning the money it used to.

anyway, these days i am a "filthy casual" but i have a lot of money to spend if PGI could find a way to earn it. i'm sure someone will come along and explain to me how i'm wrong ;) if nothing else i'm sure EG7 only allows PGI to continue operating MWO because their annual operating costs are still below the revenue, and it keeps MW licensing in their portfolio.

</rant>

#8 wilson0x4d

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 12:21 PM

View Postwilson0x4d, on 16 December 2022 - 12:16 PM, said:

i get it, having worked at several game companies and having had to manage teams and know their costs. people say snarky trash like "development is hard!!!" but the truth is development is EXPENSIVE

"EXPENSIVE" as in upward of $50,000 USD/mo for a SMALL team of dev, QA, and their producers/management -- not including content artists which adds cost, all of which combined can, if they are efficient, produce 2-3 minor changes in a given month.

#9 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 December 2022 - 11:53 AM

Without an premad eto get thinks started u are doomed. No one will jump in empty que. So u need one or two premade to get this is started. In main us time u can get lucky and get an spot, but u will be skipped alot since mm gives priority to groups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users