Clever Ai Behavior Witnessed In Mw5

2 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 11:21 AM

So, bcs everyone and its dog is crying about the "bad" MW5 AI i thought if i see something clever i will make a posting about it and thus i do so now:

On a Mission my Lance had to defend a certain Facility and when the waves of enemies came a later wave had a lance of 4 Mechs which one of them was a Cicada.

It happened that i got to fight the Cicada in my Centurion (i am still pretty much at the beginning at a reputation level of 6 by now and was still at Mercenary Row).
Ofc the Cicada was not really a match but that little thing reconized it when damaged enough and as there were several obstacles high enough to offer cover from my aim it stopped figthing me and opted to avoid destruction by waving around the cover allways keeping me out of LOS and it acted accordingly when i tried to change direction and angle so it clearly reacted quite reasonably to the situation.

The problem of MW5 being a "shooting ducks in a barrel" game ended its live eventually but that is a problem of mission/game design that no way of retreat exists.
Battletech has the same problem aside of the few Missons where the Mission tries to let 1 of the Mechs escape.

So, i was pleasantly surprised that in the restricted options it had still tried to survive as long as possible and did not braindead die in a suicide attack. Posted Image

Edited by Thorqemada, 15 June 2022 - 11:22 AM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 07:24 AM

they have had plenty of time to optimize it.

#3 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:51 AM

Well, the difference is calendar time vs development time i guess...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users