Dlc, Mods, And Mechlabs...rant

mech lab machlab

3 replies to this topic

#1 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 06:14 AM

This is getting ridiculous, this game is almost unplayable without a real mechlab (like in every Mechwarrior game since inception....) Yet every DCL add on I have to wait until Saint cszolee79 and Saint trueg manage to fix whatever the heck PGI does to the game every time they do a new DLC.

Not to steal Saints cszolee79 and trueg's "fun", (I understand there are a whole list of mods that use it as a spring board, gee I wonder why?), but why can't a real mech lab simply be a check box in options? I understand PGI thought that to hit a bigger audience it would be better to simplify the game... but literally the game (MW2,3,4,O) has always had a full (or mostly full) customization feature. It's literally a core feature of the game, and there is not even a check box to enable it?

I can live (semi happily) without all the other mods, but not having a REAL mechlab is a REAL hard stop for me.

As of this typing yet another weapon mod and clan clan mod is still not working, I can live without that, and our patron Saints got the mech lab working again, but Fahad, greatest Tinker in the Inner Sphere, starts getting crazy without his shop and tools. Last week he went through 7 case of Timbiqui Dark... by himself and threatened to quit. Not that he ever shares (normally) but a case a day is bad, even for him. I preordered a new liver (for him) to go with the next DLC.

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 11:19 AM

YAML (Yet Another Mechlab) is said to be DLC3 comaptible according to the Nexusmod page...

Edited by Thorqemada, 20 June 2022 - 11:19 AM.

#3 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 June 2022 - 01:56 PM

i am mostly just waiting for Merctech to get finished and my extension Piratetech before i get the DLC. sadly MW5 is almost unplayable without mods. most of the other mods i use have need updated to work with the DLC with the acceptation of those that require Mechtech.

(last i checked the mod author was simply dropping v2 and updating v3 to work with the new DLC instead. makes sense. i think they are nearly ready its just been some testing to make sure everything works with co-op.)

#4 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 03:18 PM

Yeah, awaiting Merctech too...

Tested already some mods and decided which else ones to go with now hoping they are all compatible with Merctech.

PGI-Infantery i disabled bcs after enabling it i had crashes but i can not conclude it was specifically that mod but more probably the additional load it puts on the system in a very hot sommer (already quite some days of >35°C ~95 Fahrenheit) with a rather old GPU from 2017 (RX480 8GB).

Its maybe to much with Hellfire and Brimstone enabled but i can not miss the Missile Trails of it they add so much impression/immersion to the missile play!

And Infantery honestly does not add anything to the gameplay...

Edited by Thorqemada, 01 July 2022 - 04:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users