• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:00 PM

Superman

Staring Christopher Reeves

Superman The Movie (Superman 1)

The DC hero steps onto the movie screen. Superman, sent to earth as a child when his home planet is destroyed. He is raised by a human family, races a train, and gets a job as a reporter, and has the hots for one of his coworkers. When a helicopter catches on a cable he puts on the red cape and flies up to the rescue, and then flies off to play with a cat-burgler. A crimminal mastermind by the name of Lex Luthor has his own plans, including redirecting a pair of nukes that superman must try to stop.

In this old movie in the pre-woke years, heros were still the good guys and stopped wrong doing. The movie is slower paced than many of the current action movies, with fewer special effects and even then the special effects are not as good as they are today. More plot based than action based, and best played for a lazy evening for those of us that are older and wish to remember a bit of childhood joy.

#2 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 26 June 2022 - 09:27 AM

I watched it as a kid and thought it was pretty silly. The next few sequels were even sillier and the one with richard pryor was more comedy than comic book hero movie. Watched it again a few years ago and couldn't get past the first half an hour. But I guess I feel that way about most comic book movies even the recent cgi heavy ones. Just silly action stuff with over the top characters and a decent enough two hour excuse to munch too much popcorn. I guess I prefer my action movies more along the lines of the older james bond type movies. Just as silly and unrealistic but more relatable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users