June 21St Patch Issues Tracking

70 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 12:46 PM

June 21st Patch issues we are tracking and targeting for a Hot Fix!

Greetings MechWarriors!

Wow, what a patch! The Crusader is out! The New Map is out! Snubs are Back! But with all these amazing changes came a few issues. So here's a post and thread to keep you in the loop!

NOTE: We originally intended to have an Event this weekend in Event Queue, related to the release of the Crusader and Vitric Station, which would have also included the first Event Queue-specific in-game event with rewards like current Quick Play and/or Faction Play events. This Event is postponed until after the upcoming hotfix, when we can run the Event as intended. Additionally, Vitric Station will be added to the Faction Play map rotation with the hotfix.

Here are the current patch-related issues and information:

Tourmaline Desert is missing all game geo.

Cause:
Final Export before the patch had one layer box Unchecked. The map had been previously checked by QA and Approved and this fresh export was assumed to be in the same state.

Status on Live:
For the time being, we have left it in the map rotation. While unintentional the map remains playable so AFAIK the issue is not breaking gameplay. In fact, it is providing an interesting short-term alternative map version. Players can Opt to not vote for the map. And if you notice modes not working correctly please let us know and we can take the map out of rotation.

FIX ETA:
This will be fixed in the upcoming Hot-Fix ETA TBD

New Map Vitric Station occasionally receives a retro 80s shader effect.

Cause:
Currently, we have not identified the cause of this issue but we do have a theory. The theory is that in some areas players are spawning outside of a post-processing volume and not receiving the screen space shader information. This may result in the screen space shader using the "replace me" default texture in Cry Engine.

Status on live:
Since the effect is somewhat intermittent and not game-breaking we are leaving the map live as it is a key part of the content released in this patch. Some players have opted to use "H" to enable Heat vision to sidestep this issue. Some players embrace the bug and have a retro 80s party!

FIX ETA:
We are hoping to have a fix for this for the Hot Fix but do not have a reliable method to repro the issue. This makes it challenging to debug and confirm the fix difficult.

Crusader Related Issues.

Thankfully the Crusader is relatively bug-free and people really seem to be enjoying this new BattleMech but there are a few minor issues that we are tracking.

Cause:
I am chalking this one up to this being the first new Mech in 3 years. Some of the tasks that used to be instinctual were overlooked. The good news is the BattleMech is here and people are having fun with experimenting new builds!

Status on live:
Head Structure points, Cockpit Glass toggle not working, and some minor animation issues.

FIX ETA:
We are working to clear up those issues for the Hot Fix.

We will update this post when we have an ETA on the Hotfix but our current target is Thursday next week.

If you spot something related to the new patch that is not on this list please let us know in the thread.
If you have a very specific issue related to your game, account, or content please use https://mwomercs.com/support as we won't provide direct support in the thread.

The MechWarrior Online Team.

#2 pwnfred

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:07 PM

The thing I really like is that you name the causes for the issues if known.

BIG FAT CUDOS for the that.

FRED

#3 benben10

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:07 PM

I could post screenshots with coordinates when I spawn on Vitric Station. That way you could see if I have the bug and where I spawned. Would that help? Should I do that while I'm in the dropship or when the mech hits the ground?

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:17 PM

Out of curiosity, will the "Incursion" Game Mode still be available for the "Tourmaline Desert" Map after it has been repaired? I haven't had the chance to play that combination even once since the last Monthly Patch and would be very sad to see it not exist anymore. :unsure:

~D. V. "one who hopes to never see a dark future where the 'Incursion' Game Mode is totally lost" Devnull

#5 JackJolleboi

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSweden, Umeå

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:17 PM

honestly wasnt expecting them to use my screenshot of vitric station in this article lol

glad to hear that tourmaline was just an accident

you guys should make an official 80's retro lighting version of the map now xD

#6 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:20 PM

There's a bug where the head armor on the Crusader-6T seems to reset to the default values when changes are made.
  • Increase head armor to max
  • save changes
  • remove/add any equipment
  • notice head armor resets to 14
I am not sure it is 100% of the time, but multiple people have noticed and it seems to only be an issue on the 6T

#7 Rogard

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:20 PM

I like this version of tourmaline, to me it has played better and removed the normal rotation and positioning of that map. Be a cool function to remove these at random sometime.

#8 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:24 PM

Thanks for keeping us updated! Luckily none of these bugs are a huge deal. The Tourmaline one is just funny.

#9 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:33 PM

Virtic Station...and I thought I was slipped some shrooms. Its just vivid flashbacks to days of old.

#10 GROLSCH

• Pip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:40 PM

View Postyrrot, on 22 June 2022 - 01:20 PM, said:

• Increase head armor to max
  • save changes
  • remove/add any equipment
  • notice head armor resets to 14

This seems consistent.
EDIT:
Matchmaker seems to accept groups of higher player count than 2+3 onto a single team, all the way up to 4+4

Edited by GROLSCH, 22 June 2022 - 09:53 PM.

#11 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 June 2022 - 01:44 PM

The purple vision seem to happen with AMD graphics cards.

Nvidia cards are fine.

#12 Testcore

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 02:12 PM

Just wanted to re - report:

There is a bug on this map, if you are on top and stand close to the ramps to the middle, you can zoom through the ramps and see where the enemies are on the other side of the ramps

And the ground looks like some had extensive diarrhea

#13 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 22 June 2022 - 02:24 PM

Posted Image

#14 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 June 2022 - 02:53 PM

Crusader observations: 3R(S) shows only 9 tubes on each arm when LRM 15's are equipped (don't own, can't report variations). 7L defaults first missile hardpoint to shoulders instead of forearms, placing single-missile builds with their missiles in the shoulders, vs the forearms where they belong (stock build has single LRM system in each arm, locates to shoulders with nothing in the forearms. All crusaders have forearm missiles, hence the chonky arms)

#15 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 04:09 PM

The 'bugged" Tourmaline is great!

There really ARE players who like: A - good visibility, B - cover but not clutter and C - no map support for surprise mech buttsecks.

Just a nice, simple, generally open map, where people wanting to pick a fight with you need to just plainly come up and pick a fight with you. Posted Image

Keep this baby in rotation please!

Edited by An6ryMan69, 22 June 2022 - 04:11 PM.

#16 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 June 2022 - 04:56 PM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 22 June 2022 - 04:09 PM, said:

The 'bugged" Tourmaline is great!

There really ARE players who like: A - good visibility, B - cover but not clutter and C - no map support for surprise mech buttsecks.

Just a nice, simple, generally open map, where people wanting to pick a fight with you need to just plainly come up and pick a fight with you. Posted Image

Keep this baby in rotation please!

Sooo, like Classic Polar highlands? :) Honestly, the only thing wrong with that map was Domination.

#17 confracto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 111 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 June 2022 - 05:51 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 22 June 2022 - 02:53 PM, said:

Crusader observations: 3R(S) shows only 9 tubes on each arm when LRM 15's are equipped (don't own, can't report variations). 7L defaults first missile hardpoint to shoulders instead of forearms, placing single-missile builds with their missiles in the shoulders, vs the forearms where they belong (stock build has single LRM system in each arm, locates to shoulders with nothing in the forearms. All crusaders have forearm missiles, hence the chonky arms)

That was an intentional choice to allow people to enjoy both preferences of missile priority. Some people like the reseen crusader missile forearms, some people like the unseen crusader shoulder missiles.

...no idea why the Crael has forearm lasers instead of shoulder lasers it was going to have though...

#18 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 June 2022 - 05:59 PM

View Postconfracto, on 22 June 2022 - 05:51 PM, said:

That was an intentional choice to allow people to enjoy both preferences of missile priority. Some people like the reseen crusader missile forearms, some people like the unseen crusader shoulder missiles.

...no idea why the Crael has forearm lasers instead of shoulder lasers it was going to have though...

Wait, the unseen ones had the LRMs in the shoulders? I thought they all had them in the arm gauntlets. There's one or two pictures on Sarna where it looks like the tube openings are in the flat part around the wrist, but you're right that the "original art" picture doesn't show any missiles anywhere at all, leaving placement ambiguous.

Posted Image

#19 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 June 2022 - 06:15 PM

From this forum thread photo, wow, that New Map Vitric Station funky pink color is really something else!

I've never had this problem with New Map Vitric Station funky pink color; always kept my video settings to "low" for everything.

#20 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 June 2022 - 07:48 PM

Call it "Tourmaline Wastes" and keep it in the rotation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users