3 replies to this topic

#1 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,707 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 23 June 2022 - 08:11 AM

Wanted to jump start a thread for Crusader builds. The mech isn't available on MechDB yet, but we can build them there in the mechlab anyway, we just have to leave 2 open spaces in each arm for the lower arms and hands.

https://mwo.nav-alph...6d5206d5_CUSTOM

With this build, I'm violating my basic rule of mixing LRMs and SRMs in a single build. Normally I avoid this because the overlap where you can use both is so narrow. But the Crusader is GOOD at it, its quirks don't lend to a different specialty, and it fits the lore of the mech, which is always where I start.

Two Artemis LRM10's for firing on the way to the brawl and opportunity shots once there, then four Artemis SRM 4's for near-pinpoint in the brawl, backed by a couple Medium Lasers.

I've run it about a dozen times so far and am 12 for 12 with it, a 2.0 or higher KDR thus far and 500+ damage each match... so it works despite how it looks.

But... I look forward to other people's takes on the chassis! Conversation jump-started!

#2 Sophid

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 02:18 PM

Looks interesting, I'll try it out!

#3 Sophid

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 03:23 PM

What are you thinking with the 7L? I'm on the struggle-bus with a big slow mech utilizing stealth armor. :P

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,707 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 24 June 2022 - 01:48 PM

View PostSophid, on 23 June 2022 - 03:23 PM, said:

What are you thinking with the 7L? I'm on the struggle-bus with a big slow mech utilizing stealth armor. Posted Image

I don't have a build for the 7L that I like yet. I ground through my 5 matches in a 4xASRM4 + 2xMRM10 + 2MPL guy with a 260LFE, but I didn't really like it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users