Overturning Roe V Wade Is Rigged.

57 replies to this topic

#41 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 07:45 AM

i like thomas sowell's videos on the history of slavery on youtube. covers a lot of details that blm, etc, tend to leave out or misrepresent.

#42 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 November 2022 - 09:30 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 06 November 2022 - 07:45 AM, said:

i like thomas sowell's videos on the history of slavery on youtube. covers a lot of details that blm, etc, tend to leave out or misrepresent.

I've pursued some of his work. He's an ideologue. Ideologues have a nasty tendency to be disconnected from reality, and he is no exception. Whenever there is a conflict between reality and ideology folks like him go for ideology. Every time. Ideologies (like Sowell's, for example) that don't factor reality in are at best foolish, and at worst dangerously stupid.

#43 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 12:56 PM

View PostEscef, on 06 November 2022 - 09:30 AM, said:

I've pursued some of his work. He's an ideologue. Ideologues have a nasty tendency to be disconnected from reality, and he is no exception. Whenever there is a conflict between reality and ideology folks like him go for ideology. Every time. Ideologies (like Sowell's, for example) that don't factor reality in are at best foolish, and at worst dangerously stupid.

ideologue? is that the new derogatory word for someone who has ideas that are contrary to yours? as an economist with a good understanding of history from an economic point of view, it stands to reason that the man would understand slavery.

now if we were talking jordan peterson, who spouts off constantly on topics which are far outside of his lane. that guy is an ideologue (as defined by the oxford english dictionary and not in the derogatory newspeak). i like his talks on jungian theory and the psychology behind facism/communism. but i think his fame has gone to his head.

#44 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 November 2022 - 03:35 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 06 November 2022 - 12:56 PM, said:

ideologue? is that the new derogatory word for someone who has ideas that are contrary to yours? as an economist with a good understanding of history from an economic point of view, it stands to reason that the man would understand slavery.

now if we were talking jordan peterson, who spouts off constantly on topics which are far outside of his lane. that guy is an ideologue (as defined by the oxford english dictionary and not in the derogatory newspeak). i like his talks on jungian theory and the psychology behind facism/communism. but i think his fame has gone to his head.

Wow. Ok. I guess having a good vocabulary makes me some kind of totalitarian then? Is that it? F*** is wrong with you?

#45 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 06 November 2022 - 07:35 PM

I'll just be over here giggling to myself. This is you, man. You have literally held up a mirror and failed to recognize your own face. Nothing's jibe was out of line, and combative - but then you made up yet another straw man accusation to ask what was wrong with him! I was thinking about rebutting your responses to my posts, but my objections to your responses to his posts are exactly the same - you are literally doing the same things you accuse other people of doing, which is actually common in bad thought.

You're not really an idiot, but you are playing on on tv, as it were. You're so wound up over this subject - you hate the opposition so much - that your brain just shuts off. Nobody can talk to you, because you simply ignore the meat of a disagreement in favor of reiterating your opinions, with increasingly hostile accusations thrown into the mix. If I was interested in supporting a pro-life argument here, I'd just let you keep talking. Your naked hatred and disdain for those who disagree with you is the best possible propaganda to discredit your point of view. But I'm not taking a position for either side in this thread, and anyway, such a sophistic means of convincing my audience would be in very poor form - if not in bad faith.

#46 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 10:53 AM

i think he has me slated as an "alt right" when im more of a centrist libertarian (formerly left moderate libertarian). this political relativism can give someone a headache. extremists have this notion that if they can take over and show the world the "correct way to do things", it will be some kind of irl deus ex machina to right all the wrongs. but what really happens is they get that taste for power and want more, and next thing you know they are imposing excessively restrictive rules on the population. that's tyrant fuel. and the biggest tyrants live in the top half of the political compass, on both sides.

if i was starting a religion pursuit of power would be a sin most vile. fortunately our government has those checks and balances to keep things in flux and whatever lunacy exists in the current zeitgeist will pass. trump mania, then covid mania, then woke mania, even the current wadepocalypse, etc. all will pass one way or another. hopefully via the art of compromise and not ever defending what future history will reveal as bad ideas. reguardless i will be at the polls on tuesday. wont do a damn thing but thats not the point.

per the main issue in this thread, abortion is protected by our state constitution. there is a ballot measure to call for a constitutional convention which i am voting no on. thats how they would pass pro life legislation in my state. that is not the reason im voting no however, politics is too crazy right now to be amending constitutions. its nice to have rules to keep them in check.

Edited by LordNothing, 07 November 2022 - 11:01 AM.

#47 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 09 November 2022 - 02:59 PM

looks like our ballot measure isnt going to pass, state constitution stays as is. alaska will still kill your babies for you. i suppose this is good because you cant just get on a grayhound bus and go anywhere, going to another state is kind of an expensive ordeal.

looks like we put a democrat in the house, which is bad because we only get one seat. she is an alaska native though so she will probibly do whats right for the state (it was ranked choice and she was my #3 pick).

but the senate race is still up in the air, between a moderate republican and an extremist republican (who's name sounds suspiciously like a certain wookie but not spelled the same). i voted for the former, but the latter is leading by 1.7%, looks like the rural vote will decide. alaska takes forever to count because of all the hard to get to rural locales.

from the nation wide political map, there was some churn but it looks like a status quo election. the failure of a number of trump backed republicans i hope is the final nail in that coffin, we can move on. we still got to clean up the legacy damage (namely the biden administration), and this makes it more likely the republicans will actually push a sensible candidate.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 November 2022 - 03:08 PM.

#48 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 09 November 2022 - 05:45 PM

Were they Trump backed Republicans, or Democrat-backed Trump Republicans? =]

#49 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 11:03 AM

sarah palin was trump backed in the house election, but she lost by a fairly wide margin. i think the trump endorsement hurt her numbers. that seat goes to a local democrat.

this Kelly Tshibaka (pronounced almost like a certain wookie) most certainly is trump supported. but she's from out of state and has a face that looks like it was stapled on, so im shocked shes doing as well as she is. alaskans usually stick to their own. i was a murkowski supporter for her more moderate positions.

alaska really doesnt matter much in national politics though. we always seem to fall afoul of democrat energy policy and thats a hot button issue for me.

#50 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 10 November 2022 - 02:24 PM

Palin seems like she's been on the back burner for a while. I'm in Oregon, not Alaska, but as far as I can tell, her popularity has been on the wane for a long time.

In Oregon, I'm just waiting for the boom to lower on a couple of ballot measures. One to create an unfunded positive right to health care, and a gun control bill that had things I wanted in it, but also contained a permitting structure that looks pretty heavy-handed, and bans imaginary firearm magazines. =[

#51 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 10:28 AM

i think palin is done at this point. nobody wants her in a position of power, not even here. her dismal election returns confirm it.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 November 2022 - 10:33 AM.

#52 Pelletgunz

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 01:42 PM

Hey if you don't want an abortion then don't get one it's that simple. But when you start taking away peoples rights that you don't agree with...well that is one slippery slope we should not be on.

#53 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 November 2022 - 02:10 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 09 November 2022 - 05:45 PM, said:

Were they Trump backed Republicans, or Democrat-backed Trump Republicans? =]

Remember in 2008 when Rush Limbaugh told his listeners to change parties and vote for Hillary in the presidential primary because she would be an easier opponent than Obama? He even called it "Operation Chaos".

Because I remember. I don't like these kinds of tactics. And conservatives complaining about them now is vaguely amusing. Sometimes, "When they go low, we go high," just doesn't work. I'm surprised (and slightly disappointed) at this turn of events, but I suppose sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

#54 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 November 2022 - 06:26 PM

So... it's a dirty tactic, but Rush Limbaugh was an idiot always (but specficially in 2008) so it's ok for the DNC to be screaming about the "end of democracy" while simultaneously boosting the people they're screaming about - because those people are easier to beat than the crazies, because people won't vote for them as much...

Quick! Circle the arguments!

Fight fire with fire!

Remember the Alamo!

One man, one vote!

#55 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 November 2022 - 09:28 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 11 November 2022 - 06:26 PM, said:

So... it's a dirty tactic, but Rush Limbaugh was an idiot always (but specficially in 2008) so it's ok for the DNC to be screaming about the "end of democracy" while simultaneously boosting the people they're screaming about - because those people are easier to beat than the crazies, because people won't vote for them as much...

Quick! Circle the arguments!

Fight fire with fire!

Remember the Alamo!

One man, one vote!

The hell is your point here? I mean, other than attacking for attacking's sake?

#56 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 08:34 PM

im just glad the damn thing is over. see yall next election.

#57 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 November 2022 - 03:42 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 15 November 2022 - 08:34 PM, said:

im just glad the damn thing is over. see yall next election.

yep very painful

#58 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 24 November 2022 - 08:22 AM

well they (finally) finished counting our ranked choice election and the trump endorsed wookie is out. murkowski stays in the senate.

if you get ranked choice on your ballot in the future, you may want to vote no on that if you are of the sort that likes instant gratification on election night.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 November 2022 - 08:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users