Error 64 And Connection To Server Lost

7 replies to this topic

#1 Skullraze

• PipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 09:01 PM

Been happening a lot since the Crusader patch, also the website/forums/server status will often timeout/404 when checking. I cannot log into the game now with Error code 64.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 June 2022 - 07:09 PM

Are you still having issues?

As a reminder, MWO would not be the only program that gets updated, other programs on your system, as well as all the systems that your connection passes through, and not just your ISP but several different routing systems, etc.

In general for Window, System error 64 - the specified network name is no longer available.

If it was the actual servers as of the last few days, there would be more than a few posts about the issue. I can say I have had had any issues connecting, I am on Suddenlink and coming out of Texas.

ISP? general location? North Carolina, USA or Egypt, South Africa, Sydney, Australia ?
  • Restart computer (just to make sure any updates are finalized)
  • Unplug routers/modem for 30 secs then plug back in (the min 30 secs is to allow memory to be cleared of any potential corrupted files loaded into their memory)
  • Change DNS from default ISP to Google Public DNS IP address, or OpenDNS or Cloudflare. You can do this via router, which would change it for all systems using router to connect to internet, or just change it on your computer.
  • Do a DNS Flush.
  • Use a VPN, if you have one that comes with one of your programs, ie Norton Security. There are a few free VPN to try, primarily to use as a trouble shooting attempt. Use of a VPN can route the path your system takes to PGI authorization server in NA, as well as to the 3 different regional game servers. Your client is always connected to the authorization server (think Mechlab/store/patching, etc), then the individual regional game servers when you drop into combat.

#3 Skullraze

• PipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:16 PM

None of these have solved the issue, still disconnected in the mech lab/store/mid match, whenever. There has been no changes to my PC prior to these events that could cause this. I'm also watching more people just disconnect mid-match on the rare occasion that I don't. This has to be a PGI issue.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 June 2022 - 04:17 PM

Hello there, 'Skullraze'... I think your situation and mine might be related. Here's a link to my thread which I made before seeing yours...

>>>> https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/283270-unable-to-maintain-mwo-game-client-connection-this-should-not-be-happening/ <<<<

...so you can easily have a look. Let's hope this gets fixed soon!!! :o

~D. V. "Maybe each of us, 'Skullraze', is not alone in having this connection failure issue?" Devnull

#5 Skullraze

• PipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 01:38 PM

They could at least check their own server logs and check for a high rate of disconnects on their end.

#6 Target56

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts
  • LocationChino, California, USA

Posted 01 July 2022 - 01:51 PM

I am having the exact same problem. I am in Southern California and my ISP is Frontier and I keep getting random disconnects multiple times a day. This didn't happen before the patch. When I get DCed I can not connect to the MWO website, but oddly the VOIP continues to work in the login screen. I can still hear my team, but can't connect to the game. I just get an error 64. The game is unplayable for me. I have tried switching from my ethernet cable to wifi, giving MWO admin rights, doing a repair, restarting the router and modem, switching to different DNS servers, running the game outside of steam, restarting my pc, reinstalling the game, and even using my Aunt's wifi who lives next door and uses Spectrum internet and it still happens. Even when I can't connect to MWO, discord, other websites, and even youtube and netflix continue to work and stream without issue. It also doesn't matter if it is the start of the match or I am literally in a major brawl taking and giving damage one second to just be staring at an error message the next. I am honestly out of ideas on what to try next. Error logs don't show anything either.

#7 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:42 AM

View PostSkullraze, on 26 June 2022 - 09:01 PM, said:

Been happening a lot since the Crusader patch, also the website/forums/server status will often timeout/404 when checking. I cannot log into the game now with Error code 64.

View PostSkullraze, on 29 June 2022 - 04:16 PM, said:

None of these have solved the issue, still disconnected in the mech lab/store/mid match, whenever. There has been no changes to my PC prior to these events that could cause this. I'm also watching more people just disconnect mid-match on the rare occasion that I don't. This has to be a PGI issue.

View PostSkullraze, on 01 July 2022 - 01:38 PM, said:

They could at least check their own server logs and check for a high rate of disconnects on their end.

View PostTarget56, on 01 July 2022 - 01:51 PM, said:

I am having the exact same problem. I am in Southern California and my ISP is Frontier and I keep getting random disconnects multiple times a day. This didn't happen before the patch. When I get DCed I can not connect to the MWO website, but oddly the VOIP continues to work in the login screen. I can still hear my team, but can't connect to the game. I just get an error 64. The game is unplayable for me. I have tried switching from my ethernet cable to wifi, giving MWO admin rights, doing a repair, restarting the router and modem, switching to different DNS servers, running the game outside of steam, restarting my pc, reinstalling the game, and even using my Aunt's wifi who lives next door and uses Spectrum internet and it still happens. Even when I can't connect to MWO, discord, other websites, and even youtube and netflix continue to work and stream without issue. It also doesn't matter if it is the start of the match or I am literally in a major brawl taking and giving damage one second to just be staring at an error message the next. I am honestly out of ideas on what to try next. Error logs don't show anything either.

Hello again... Are either of you still having issues with maintaining a connection to MWO so you can play? If so, what OS are each of you on? I'm trying to narrow something down here, and find common denominators, but don't have the personal resources to do so. :(

In case either of you did not see my personal thread (which I previously linked to)... I'm on "Windows 7" with a 64-bit edition here. :mellow:

~D. V. "needing to gather some missing info about everyone's MWO connection issues" Devnull

#8 ThunderKats

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 12:29 PM

Same here for many days already, NA server reporting 210ms (normal is 160ms) and goes even higher during matches, normally stay on 160ms constantly and now I get like 260-350+ms during matches to the point of been unplayable. I'm from South-America and in all honest I never seen this problem to persist this long and after testing my internet all I can say is that there is something wrong with MWO NA server configuration/routing at this time. Someone already reported me having this same issue so nothing but wait until they reset their servers and see the problem fix. Europe server are working normally like 250ms from my end but I hate to play with this level of ping the entire day...They should try a quick server restart and check all IP configs are restore to default or something. High ping still persisting even after the new update (18 July), for me is a bye bye it was good knowing you all, game ping still high but after testing on this webpage I don't blame on MWO, it might be something around international lines, check this results
High ping for places with similar distance to my country location are like 100ms apart...
https://www.meter.ne...orld-ping-test/

My Results: https://i.imgur.com/abycFee.jpg

Edited by ThunderKats, 19 July 2022 - 05:57 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users