Top 3 Prize Mechs

91 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 04:52 AM

So what hero mech are you going to take home from the Beach Party event?

I'm thinking the Deathstrike, Ultraviolet or Rancor. While there's a couple of medium and light mechs that are interesting I can't see the value in not choosing one of the expensive ones.

Which ones are in your wish list?

#2 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 05:20 AM

Haven't decided.

#3 NPC Cadet

Rookie

• Cadet
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 06:00 AM

There's a few heros I've been mulling over getting like Huntsman or MadcatMk2, maybe even a Cyclops hero. All of them seem to have a lot of viable builds to play with that fit with the playstyles I enjoy.

buuuuuuuuuut

If you don't have a Rancor, it kinda feels like a big waste to get anything else.

If all you're considering is MC value, of course.
Which I def am lol. So I'll probably get the Rancor and cross it off the list. Won't have to save up that 8.4k MC.
And it's a pretty solid QP mech, lots of different loadouts for all that tonnage with some great wep mounts.

Edited by NPC Cadet, 07 July 2022 - 10:14 AM.

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 07 July 2022 - 06:31 AM

Geez, I have no idea. I'll probably look through the omnimech heroes and find one whose pods I need to build something else. An Ultraviolet, for example, as I don't have one.

#5 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 06:53 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 07 July 2022 - 06:31 AM, said:

Geez, I have no idea. I'll probably look through the omnimech heroes and find one whose pods I need to build something else. An Ultraviolet, for example, as I don't have one.

It looks like pretty much every hero is up for grabs.

#6 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 10:50 AM

Easy choice; I'll grab my 5th Scorch.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 07 July 2022 - 11:59 AM

View Postccrider, on 07 July 2022 - 10:50 AM, said:

I am sorely tempted to take a second Heavy Metal. The unlimited jump jet queue events and no jump jet shake make that thing a veritable orbital PPC platform. Having two just for the event queue would be fun.

#8 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 12:15 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 07 July 2022 - 11:59 AM, said:

I am sorely tempted to take a second Heavy Metal. The unlimited jump jet queue events and no jump jet shake make that thing a veritable orbital PPC platform. Having two just for the event queue would be fun.
Using 4 Scorches in event queue was the Faction Play drop deck I've dreamed of. I want a 5th just to continue my army building like a psycho.

#9 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 06:30 PM

View PostNPC Cadet, on 07 July 2022 - 06:00 AM, said:

There's a few heros I've been mulling over getting like Huntsman or MadcatMk2, maybe even a Cyclops hero. All of them seem to have a lot of viable builds to play with that fit with the playstyles I enjoy.

buuuuuuuuuut

If you don't have a Rancor, it kinda feels like a big waste to get anything else.

If all you're considering is MC value, of course.
Which I def am lol. So I'll probably get the Rancor and cross it off the list. Won't have to save up that 8.4k MC.
And it's a pretty solid QP mech, lots of different loadouts for all that tonnage with some great wep mounts.

The Blood Asp was never on my list until the BAS-E pack was released and I needed to buy something for the loyalty bonus.

So anyway, difficult mech to start with but as I skilled up and played with the loadout it got good. Insanely good...

Now my BAS-E with 2 LBX-20s and 4 SRM4s just wrecks everything. I tried playing the same build in the Scorch but the Blood Asp just has more survivability. My very worst games I kill something. My best games I can get 6 mechs and still face-tank an Annihilator.

#10 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 07 July 2022 - 07:04 PM

Night star wolf or the mad 2 al. Waiting for half off to get a boar since it has nearly same as the r.

#11 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 07 July 2022 - 07:46 PM

Obviously, pick up an expensive assault if it’s free - the cheaper heroes can always be bought with event MC.

if you don’t have a Cyclops Sleipnir, get one! Awesome mech for quad LBX10s, just a brawly shotgun mech, with really good handling (twist rate and accel/decel is very nice). Or go double Heavy Gauss.

Direwolf Ultraviolet is excellent for 8xAC2s (or my favourite 4xAC2 and 4xUAC2s), and the torso ballistics give some very solid options for other builds. Also, a banger paint job.

One that I don’t own but really want is Scorch - absolutely picking him up for my prize.

Edited by Maddermax, 07 July 2022 - 07:46 PM.

#12 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 07 July 2022 - 08:23 PM

Marauder Bounty Hunter II

The thing NEVER disappoints. AC20, 2SnubPPC, 4ML. LFE 280, 2 JJ, 3 tons ammo, and all the heat sinks which fit. It is a brawling beast.

#13 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 July 2022 - 04:36 AM

View Postccrider, on 07 July 2022 - 10:50 AM, said:

I've played the Scorch and the BAS-E with identical loadouts - LBX20s and SRMs. For me the BAS-E is both tankier and more nimble, which is weird. It's certainly more survivable.

Against a Dire Wolf or Annihilator I find it harder in a Scorch, while the BAS-E will kill either of them and then FUBAR the second one if I can't kill it.

My Scorch is probably my third most damaging mech, after the BAS-E and the quirked Nightstar-10P with 4 RAC2s.

#14 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 July 2022 - 10:26 PM

Hero mechs worth buying (my opinion)

Warrant Timber Wolf
Cyclops Slepnir
Blackjack Arrow
Madcat II Deathstrike
Warhammer Blackwidow
Griffon Sparky
Direwolf Ultraviolet
Marauder Bounty Hunter 2
Thunderbolt Top Dog
Marader IIC Scorch
Panther Katana Kat
Enforcer Ghilie
Grasshopper Mjolnir
Black Knight Partisan
Hellbringer Virago
King Crab Kaiju
Annihilator Mean baby
Myst Lynx Ebon Dragoon
Urbanmech K9
Marauder II Alpha
Corsair Ravager
Corsair Broadside

There are others obviously but any of those will treat you well in most matches.

#15 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 09 July 2022 - 08:46 AM

gonna get whatever has the highest mc value in game that i do not have. i think the best value is in the ultraviolet, but i have one of those already and i paid cash for it. last i checked its still in my top 50 mechs. its also my second most played mech with over 500 games on it.

on the clan side i believe that is the spirit bear or the kin wolf which go for 7500. along with the keeper, these are the only clan assaults i do not own. and i think completing the set is something i want to do. i really like the kin wolf's paint job. the spirit bear for its masc, which might make it an excelent atm brawler.

on the is side are the four remaining 100 tonners, the mean baby, the wrath, and both atlas heroes (im not really an atlas fan though). these are also in the 7500 range.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 July 2022 - 08:49 AM.

#16 Dekallis

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 July 2022 - 01:16 PM

Ultraviolet, Rancor, Deathstrike, Spirit Bear....these are pretty much the only ones I'm considering, everything else I can either wait to get or already have. I'd consider some of the heavies but most of those hero's are pretty affordable with the MC I have now so I can just wait for a sale and grab a couple.

#17 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 July 2022 - 03:39 PM

I'm going for the Rancor, I already own most of the Assault class hero Mechs.

#18 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 July 2022 - 08:22 AM

+1
I already own most of the Assault class hero Mechs too!

==> Here's my proposal for the next Assault Hero Mech Pack!
https://mwomercs.com...ivals-hero-pack

...I already own most of the Assault class hero Mechs.

Edited by w0qj, 10 July 2022 - 08:26 AM.

#19 Zeddicuus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 July 2022 - 05:22 PM

I'm going to use mine on the Ultra Violent or the Warrant. Gotta love them Timberwolves. Not sure what builds I've use on them yet though. Got a while before I get it, so lots of time to think it over.

#20 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 July 2022 - 05:47 PM

View PostKen Harkin, on 07 July 2022 - 08:23 PM, said:

Marauder Bounty Hunter II

The thing NEVER disappoints. AC20, 2SnubPPC, 4ML. LFE 280, 2 JJ, 3 tons ammo, and all the heat sinks which fit. It is a brawling beast.

I run mine with a UAC10, another ML, bigger engine... But, yeah, BH2 is a solid mech. A little slow for its weight class, but still solid. EDIT: And LPPCs instead of snubbies.

Edited by Escef, 10 July 2022 - 06:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users