Top 3 Prize Mechs

91 replies to this topic

#81 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 25 July 2022 - 03:03 PM

Ended up with the DWF-UV. The only KDK-SB build that looked workable was the something 20 + 4xSRM6... and I've already got a Scorch and Keeper in 2xLBX20+4xSRM6.

The standard 8 x something AC2s seems to work as well as advertised.

The only hero left I'm after is the jade kite... and since that was to do the 6x2s build, there's no real need for it. I'm sure the Crael will get nerfed before it hits the store too.

#82 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 July 2022 - 06:09 PM

View PostMark Yore, on 25 July 2022 - 06:03 AM, said:

Okay, I have a confession. Posted Image

I feel quite ashamed to admit that I turned my Rancor into ... a Lurm Monster. 6 LRM15s, a TAG and TC3 all chain-firing a rain of death and regret.

But it feels so gooood...

ok first off you are clanner trash

ok all joking aside the one thing you are missing in the build is some kind of energy back-up (ok not sure if it even has energy hardpoints) some might be against it but someone gets under your min range and you are screwed. even a single pair of MLs will be something, hell might even save your but against a damaged light or if you run dry of ammo

got nothing against LRM, hell i am an LRM enthusiast though Clan LRM are just not as good as IS LRM. (my Corsair just munches up Clan LRM like candy)

#83 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 July 2022 - 08:34 AM

well i changed up my build a bit on my Hellslinger cut the ammo down a little and changed it to (3 SN-PPC, 1 MRM-30, 1 AMS (1t ammo) running an LE-350)

i did a little finegalin and got the MRM launcher to use the lower hard point (essentially you pull the one PPC out of the L-torso put in an MRM-10 first (it goes to the uppermost) then put in the 30 (it will go to the lowest). after that you just take the MRM-10 off the mech and put the PPC back in.

been doing rather well with the mech now that i got the feel or it (bit of extra info with my skills the way i have them each snub does about the same damage as a L-PPC out to about 500m or so. so can still do mid range fighting well when combined with the MRM (over 600m range on those after skills)

#84 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 07:20 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 25 July 2022 - 10:56 AM, said:

Abominations aside, why the relatively hefty investment into a TC? Your weapons almost get no benefit from it.

Targeting gain time boost is 42.5%, Projectile speed is 15% and crit chance goes up as well. I have a CAP for an additional 25% targeting boost, plus skills.

At the moment I'm right on the fine line for ammo - I haven't run out yet but I've had a few matches where I've had to slow down towards the end. So far the heat management is just about right.

The only weakness is that I have no defence against lights and sometimes my team moves away while I'm happily firing multiple salvos. I'm trying to keep the range down to 500 m and in the middle of a group.

#85 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 07:27 PM

View Postmartian, on 25 July 2022 - 12:03 PM, said:

I think that you should replace Targeting Computer with Clan Active Probe.

Forgot to mention that but I do have one for the 25% extra targeting gain.

#86 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 09:18 PM

View PostMark Yore, on 27 July 2022 - 07:20 PM, said:

Targeting gain time boost is 42.5%, Projectile speed is 15% and crit chance goes up as well. I have a CAP for an additional 25% targeting boost, plus skills.

At the moment I'm right on the fine line for ammo - I haven't run out yet but I've had a few matches where I've had to slow down towards the end. So far the heat management is just about right.

The only weakness is that I have no defence against lights and sometimes my team moves away while I'm happily firing multiple salvos. I'm trying to keep the range down to 500 m and in the middle of a group.

Targeting time boost is likely not what you think it is. This boosts the time until you get the enemy's paperdoll information. Missile lock time is unaffected by this boost. Projectile speed only affects PPCs and ACs, crit chance only affects PPC, AC (no LBX) and lasers. It even says exactly that in the equipment tooltip.
Sensor range indirectly affects missile lock time, but only on indirect fire locks. Missile locks within Line of Sight are as fast as they get, while IDF lock depend on your distance to the target compared to your sensor range.

Active Probes also only affect missile locks via sensor range boosts. Targeting gain time boost again is for the enemy loadout/paperdoll information.

The same goes for skills vice versa.

You see, you gain very little from that 3-ton equipment for your LRM build.

#87 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 02:56 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 27 July 2022 - 09:18 PM, said:

Targeting time boost is likely not what you think it is. This boosts the time until you get the enemy's paperdoll information. Missile lock time is unaffected by this boost. Projectile speed only affects PPCs and ACs, crit chance only affects PPC, AC (no LBX) and lasers. It even says exactly that in the equipment tooltip.
Sensor range indirectly affects missile lock time, but only on indirect fire locks. Missile locks within Line of Sight are as fast as they get, while IDF lock depend on your distance to the target compared to your sensor range.

Active Probes also only affect missile locks via sensor range boosts. Targeting gain time boost again is for the enemy loadout/paperdoll information.

The same goes for skills vice versa.

I will need to rethink my build!

Just goes to show you learn something new every day.

#88 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 July 2022 - 07:05 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 27 July 2022 - 09:18 PM, said:

Thank you again. I'm not really an LRM (or Gauss) player.

However I've changed out the LRMs for ATMs and dropped the redundant parts. The Rancor is chunky enough anyway so I can afford to get a little closer and get the extra damage.

#89 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 July 2022 - 10:50 PM

Artemis used to speed lock time but that changed years ago when they nerfed LRM and the equipment that helps it. the only good thing from that change was the differing firing arcs between direct and indirect fire. (they also shrunk the area you need to have your crosshair in to get a lock by nearly 50%.)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 28 July 2022 - 10:51 PM.

#90 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 02:49 AM

View PostMark Yore, on 28 July 2022 - 07:05 AM, said:

Thank you again. I'm not really an LRM (or Gauss) player.

However I've changed out the LRMs for ATMs and dropped the redundant parts. The Rancor is chunky enough anyway so I can afford to get a little closer and get the extra damage.

I think that you should rethink the use of ATMs on your "Rancor". ATMs work best on mobile 'Mechs that can stay in the optimal range of ATMs to get the most of them. I would say that in this particular case you should stick with Clan LRMs.

#91 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 29 July 2022 - 03:28 AM

Just yesterday, I saw Blood Asp boating LRM...

And all my missile boats have been converted to LRM (stopped using ATM, ever since ATM lost its IDF [indirect flight] mode aka shoot over the hill)...

#92 Reverend Flashback

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 01:04 AM

I have some serious trouble deciding between Rancor, Cherbi and Ultraviolet.

Rancor is easily the most meta of the three, but also the worst variant between blood asps.
The unique omnipods ain't really that great too.
Still - it's a Blood Asp.

Cherbi has the usual Executioner issues yet his torso pods offer something, and the Chassis is generally very fun imo.
But it also does not play very assault like, and I actually wanted a assault hero...

UV has overall the best pods of the 3 since all of them are truly unique.
I'm just generally not very convinced by extremely slow mechs any longer, since the average speed has risen because of skill changes.

It's so hard. Pls stop giving such amazing prizes lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users