Can We Have More Event Que? It Is Generally Better Than Fw?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 06:37 PM

Most of the disparate events conducted in the Event Que scratched my FW itch. I find that overall, as generally a solo player, the matches in Event Que are better than what is generally currently available in FW and much better than QP.
When there is no specific event going on for Event Que, can we have Event Que setup as an ongoing 8 vs 8, Skirmish/Assault/Domination, 4 mech drop deck, 260 tonne maximum, 160 tonne minimum, no groups? I think there would be an audience for that.
When PGI has a specific event for Event Que, they conduct it as they did the prior July 1 / 4 weekend event and when the event is completed they revert back to a generic 4 mech drop deck mode as previously stated.
I throw this here to see if this is something that people in the FW might want?

Edited by Jeff on a Buffalo, 11 July 2022 - 08:22 PM.

#2 F i s s i o n

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 03:39 PM

I would love this as a standing option in either 8 or 12 man group setups. Definitely agree

#3 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 07:40 PM

Agree.
And during slow hours, even drop it down to 4v4 with drop decks, or 6v6.

#4 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 19 July 2022 - 01:45 AM

I kind of think it's the lack of groups that makes it more fun.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 05:16 PM

id throw decked conquest into that as well. it was always one of the best qp->fp conversions and translated well. but it seems like it was unpopular in fp. what if fp just does siege and the other modes get merged into event queue?

#6 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 05:37 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 July 2022 - 05:16 PM, said:

id throw decked conquest into that as well. it was always one of the best qp->fp conversions and translated well. but it seems like it was unpopular in fp. what if fp just does siege and the other modes get merged into event queue?

Conquest is my favorite QP mode in FP, personally. It sucks in QP, but it's great with a drop deck.

#7 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 July 2022 - 12:02 PM

Not interested at all. Attacker and defender random to fix 90% of cw mm problems.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 12:32 PM

also just use the queue contents to set the match. if you have 50 players one side and 6 on the other, maybe you should start a game with the 50. it will be a civil war match but it will be a match.

#9 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 07:18 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 July 2022 - 12:32 PM, said:

also just use the queue contents to set the match. if you have 50 players one side and 6 on the other, maybe you should start a game with the 50. it will be a civil war match but it will be a match.

IDK, that is kinda inline with my FW proposal that I threw up here a few months ago about having a generic "Mercenary" that can drop on either side of the conflict to act more as fillers so that you get 12 per side but that was not viewed very well by the FW community at large if I remember it right.

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 21 July 2022 - 12:02 PM, said:

Not interested at all. Attacker and defender random to fix 90% of cw mm problems.

I would say that randomizing attacker/defender will solve 33% of the issues in FW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users