[Ui] - Trial Mech Warning Message Toggle Option.

No replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see the UI revamped? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

UI revamp : Yay or Nay?

1. Yes, please. (3 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No, thank you. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Eh, I don't care. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sasha the Mecha-Panda

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2022 - 06:20 PM

Hello everyone!

As a new player, I've been thoroughly enjoying the game, and trying to participate to the best of my ability to the latest event, but with being new comes.. having barely any C-BILLS to my name.

So! To make a long story short; I'm using a heap-ton of Trial 'mechs, and I'm trying to understand their loadouts within the MECHLAB.

Whenever I select a Trial 'mech, I get warning #1;
"This action will cause all changes to be lost. Do you want to Continue?".

After clicking Yes (I can't change Trial 'mechs, why would I say No here?), I get warning #2;
"You may view Loadout and Skill Information for Trial 'Mechs, but only owned 'Mechs can be customized and saved."

Alright, good, nice, got it. Can't edit Trial 'mechs, and there's an "are you sure" safeguard against losing all of your build when you mis-click another 'mech, or something along those lines. Fairly logical to have, no problem there!

In theory, this is fine and dandy, but when trying to quickly and seamlessly preview Trial 'mech loadouts - emphasis on seamlessly - I get an added two clicks every time I want to preview a new 'mech, telling me information that first, doesn't seem pertinent (saving changes), and second, I could be told ONCE, during the tutorial, and never need to be shown it ever again.

You see, I could have made a very short "remove the Trial 'Mech customization notice" post, but I feel like any dev reading through this entire wall of text, only to go "really? one click? all of that huge post for one click?" could potentially empathize with my situation and understand how it's the little things that add up and cause issues in the long run.

TL;DR : Make the Trial 'Mech customization (or lack thereof) notice appear ONCE PER ACCOUNT, to reduce unnecessary clicks and time wasting.. also remove the "are you sure?" prompt when viewing Trial 'mechs.. I can't edit them, YES I'm pretty sure I want to continue and lose the changes that literally don't matter.

Still TL;DR : Minimize needless clicks in the UI. Stop repeating the same warnings more than once.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users