Random Crashing Still A Thing...

13 replies to this topic

#1 Shiozaki

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 06:22 PM

So today was the....

(Looks to his past streams to count the Disconnects.) 42nd Disconnect in the last few weeks. I am left wondering when this will become addressed?

I know it is not on my end. I have searched on Google, and tried to do multiple "Fixes" across nearly a weeks worth of time. Tried different computers with different hardware specs. Even Laptops with Integrated Hardware. IT always disconnects. I even tried the old excuse of "It is your ISP". So I even asked friends if I could try their Internet. Some were Wifi. And a few of them had Ethernet. It was not always the same time. Every session is random. I could go a full day without a D/C. Sometimes I could not even go back to back games with out having two sets of D/C. N.A. Server, EU Server. (Do not play on Oceanic for obvious reasons.) It would not matter the server, the Graphical settings, the hardware. IT crashes randomly. I would try and submit I bug report, or some type of setup for how/why/when the bug happens but it is random. In a match. In lobby. First starting up the game. The game has been running for a while. Start of match. Mid match. End match. Clicking a button. Doing nothing. Have Antivirus enabled, even disabled. Even uninstalled through various means. Tried with a VPN, without VPN, tried with AMD card, Nvidia cards. Intel. I have no idea any more how to fix the bug. And I dont complain only because of the HUGE inconvenience it is to a player(s). But to the team in general. In the long terms this can have the possibility to people leaving this game. IS that the end intention? I don't even know anymore.

I have only noticed this bug AFTER the content for the Crusader was released. Beforehand. Even on a crap old Alienware x51 r3 with a very very outdated GTX 745 and a crap old Intel i3 would be able to play the game, albeit on the very lowest settings. And it pains me because I truly want this game to continue on with the people I play with. Alot of times it does come down to one player making or breaking a match. Sure we have had those 12-3 steamrolls. But it all is worth it when we get that 10-9 butt puckering moment where we might win, but could also lose do to one bad move. Yet that chance gets taken away from us when we get kicked. And then we get the Match leave penalty as if the Crash was somehow our fault. I just hope that someone does see this, and know there are some out there that still love this game to the very core. Not because of new content, but because of the content we have. Sure we do love new stuff but there was a reason we keep playing.

Yes this might be a rant because of the bug crashing. But I do hope that it is just a fluke and is somehow related to a mistake I and others just happen to be doing at random times that somehow triggers a sneeze in the ol hamster wheels. To which I will say if a solution is found I will gladly do it. Even if it does make me look ever so stupid. That is something I am all too good at, is looking foolish and silly.

#2 S T O N E D C R O W

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 07:13 PM

I keep getting crashes today. Keeps telling me there is a corrupt file, I run the Repair Tool and sometimes it finds some mismatched files and other times it doesn't... what's really pissing me the *** off is that I keep getting penalized for disconnecting with the stupid timer penalty not to mention my pilot rating keeps going lower because I guess I'm getting killed after disconnect.. this is getting f'ing OLD

#3 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 July 2022 - 07:37 PM

1. Did you try changing MWO video settings to "Full Window" instead?

ie: [Settings]>>[Video]>>[Full_Window]
<<specifically, do not use the default "Full_Screen", as this "Full_Screen" sometimes may cause the occasional crash for some>>

This is perhaps the one single MWO settings change that was most useful to me!

2. Suggest to contact MWO Support directly; they are quite quick and helpful!

support@mwomercs.com

3. For what it's worth, I did not experience any of the MWO crashed as mentioned above. None at all...

#4 Shiozaki

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 07:49 PM

Before I contact support I shall try the Full screen trick, as that is one that I had not come across just yet. If not I will record a full video, from start the crash, and submit to support to get the most detailed report I can give. Thank you for the fix that I shall try. I will update when I can on progress.

#5 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 07:54 PM

I CTD once every 100 hrs of gaming, which is good enough. It seems to happen when there is a lot of things exploding nearby, but it's hard to track down the cause and rare enough to tolerate.

If you want something fixed, you need to reproduce the crash so it can be investigated, otherwise there won't be any fixes.

#6 NightNova

Rookie

• The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 11:10 PM

Actually I was encountering these annoying random crashes since my day 1 with MWO...

It somehow became a "normal" experience while enjoying the game: random DC, random program termination, these phoenomenons exist even before the crusader contents were introduced.

However I'll also try the Full-Window/Full Screen trick, I just couldn't pinpoint the exact root of such issues, quite curious if it really enters the attention of PGI...

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 17 July 2022 - 11:30 PM

The last MWO crash, that I experienced, was many weeks - maybe months - ago.

#8 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 18 July 2022 - 02:06 AM

[Full_Window]

stopped my 2 years everyday crashing, 100% works.

#9 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 02:52 AM

I think we have to look at different issues separately. From what I can gain from the OP (which doesn't lack words, but information is sparse), they are seeing disconnect issues, not client crashes, which is a whole other can of worms.
Disconnect issues these days (from what I've gathered) are most often related to routing issues. This is why certain regions or even different ISP may not be affected at all, while others are. The easiest workaround is changing the DNS server.

But again, if you (anyone indeed) are facing trobles while playing MWO, make sure you provide as much and as precise info on your issue as possible. Otherwise the best you will get in return are educated guesses.

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 04:43 AM

fullscreen is still buggered into oblivion, but as for random crashing, it goes away with sensible settings (see full window).

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 18 July 2022 - 02:06 AM, said:

[Full_Window]

stopped my 2 years everyday crashing, 100% works.

cryengine predates gpu power state features. thats where the problem comes from.

#11 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 09:32 PM

This thread has been moved to workarounds.
You may want to contact technical@mwomercs.com for further support.

#12 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 July 2022 - 09:13 PM

For a couple months now the game crashes on me whenever I log out or close the game from taskbar. I mean, it's not a big deal, I was literally closing the game anyway, but... This still says to me that something not right is happening.

#13 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 19 July 2022 - 11:33 PM

View PostEscef, on 19 July 2022 - 09:13 PM, said:

For a couple months now the game crashes on me whenever I log out or close the game from taskbar. I mean, it's not a big deal, I was literally closing the game anyway, but... This still says to me that something not right is happening.

I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. Do you send crash reports? Do you have your omicron.log after the latest crash?

#14 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 July 2022 - 11:01 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 July 2022 - 11:33 PM, said:

I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. Do you send crash reports? Do you have your omicron.log after the latest crash?

No, and I'm not sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users