Mwo Capturing Mouse Clicks Outside The Window?

help

5 replies to this topic

#1 Therron Keen

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 06:08 AM

I can provide whatever necessary spec info to verify, but it seems that MWO is capturing mouse clicks that should be clicking my browser on my second monitor, but I'm unable to click anything unless I alt-tab first. I haven't seen this behaviour until the most recent update.

Anybody else seeing this?

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:29 AM

This has happened to me even with previous patches, but in a slightly different manner. In my case, it would just take a little extra clicking outside of MWO's visual space, and then the mouse cursor would be able to interact with the other app. :mellow:

Since it's probably worth asking, what OS are you running on? Also, are you in borderless full window, full screen, or normal window mode? :o

~D. V. "seen similar with MWO not letting the mouse go, so is asking for minimal basic system info" Devnull

#3 Therron Keen

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 05:21 PM

I'm on Windows 10, running the game in borderless window mode. NVIDIA 1660 SUPER driver version 516.59

OKAY I just tried it while opening up the game to check my settings, and it's working perfectly as of right now.

I've had the mouse-click capturing problem multiple times on different days though. I'll update if I see the behaviour again.

#4 Warbrynger

Rookie

• The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 02:44 PM

After a June or July patch - the focus operation for the mouse cursor has changed. Previously in April / May 2022, I could easily click out of the game window to do things on MechDB and such.

now, I have to hit Alt-Tab to move the window focus AWAY from the Mechwarrior game window to use the mouse outside the window. it is just a quick Alt-Tab, does not matter what I select (as long as it is not Mechwarrior) - and the mouse works fine.

it does not happen when logging in initially on the launcher - only once you have logged in and are actually in the main game window.

Edited by Warbrynger, 24 July 2022 - 02:45 PM.

#5 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 25 July 2022 - 09:38 PM

This thread has been moved to Workarounds

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 27 July 2022 - 03:13 PM

View PostTherron Keen, on 18 July 2022 - 06:08 AM, said:

I can provide whatever necessary spec info to verify, but it seems that MWO is capturing mouse clicks that should be clicking my browser on my second monitor, but I'm unable to click anything unless I alt-tab first. I haven't seen this behaviour until the most recent update.

Anybody else seeing this?

I would suggest changing your video settings from full screen to full window. Then, when you have a mouse in game (such as the main menu or after you have died in a match), you should be able to simply slide your mouse off the game screen, click and then interact with anything on your second screen.

I have two screens myself, one for discord and the other for my games. I got tied of alt tabbing out of the game, and this one simple change really made it much easier to interact with my second monitor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users