7 replies to this topic

#1 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,811 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 21 July 2022 - 05:42 PM

Just plugging a horrifyingly efficient Vulcan build I've been playing these past two weeks. The thing features three snub nose PPCs with the laughably small ghost heat penalty and the ability to easily fire 2-1 to cool down. It also features a massive 25% range boost quirk, which when you combine it with max range on skill tree... you're looking at 373m optimal range for the snubs... meaning you can safely "brawl" outside of both SRM and small laser range.

https://mwo.nav-alph...=a6d55be9_VT-5S

Go forth and be evil. Posted Image

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 21 July 2022 - 05:45 PM.

#2 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,411 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 21 July 2022 - 06:52 PM

Wow, will give it a spin! VT-5S with 3xSNPPC (just eat the ghost heat, fire all 3xSNPPC at once)!

1. Similarly, Panther PNT-9R with 3xSNPPC, with -15% Energy Heat, +40% PPC Family Velocity, +10% Range...
Just eat the ghost heat, fire all 3xSNPPC at once, alpha a few times, then go hide to cooldown, rise and repeat!

By the way, that's how I' leveling up my PNT-9R(P) from the Platinum Collection; it's a blast!

2. I personally feel the SNPPC Ghost Heat penalty should be significantly increased.
Currently with any mech with -10% Heat to -15% Heat, you can just eat the ghost heat, fire all 3xSNPPC at once.

It's a multi-month process, similar to Clan LPL Ghost Heat penalty increased at least twice last year 2021.

Edited by w0qj, 22 July 2022 - 01:05 AM.

#3 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,411 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 August 2022 - 11:57 PM

Snub Nose PPC ghost heat penalty increased by a lot, and it's base heat also slightly increased in Aug 2022 patch notes...

Guess we have a few more days of abusing the SNPPC ghost heat; enjoy it while we still can ;)

https://mwomercs.com...60-23august2022

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 08:46 AM

I'll drop back to 2 snubs and add MASC and a larger engine. Will still accomplish much the same thing. This won't really effect light mechs with 2 snubs at all.

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 10:59 AM

August patch update!

Pre-patch, firing 3 snubs is 43% heat. Firing 2-1 is 20% - 27% heat.

Post-patch, firing 3 snubs is 55% heat. Firing 2-1 is 23% - 33% heat.

So the build is still viable, but firing 3 at a time is simply out if you can't fade away after the shot.

Or optionally, drop 1 snub, upgrade the engine to XL280 and add MASC. With 2 snubs and 11 DHS, it simply won't ever overheat. Decisions.

#6 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 23 August 2022 - 11:37 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 23 August 2022 - 10:59 AM, said:

Or optionally, drop 1 snub, upgrade the engine to XL280 and add MASC. With 2 snubs and 11 DHS, it simply won't ever overheat. Decisions.

I preferred doubles over a 2+1 punch of three anyways for lighter snub mechs, speed really helps when you don't have the advantage of over the top defense quirks and ECM like the snub urbie. (Though in the case of my 3F its speed and the ability to jump over almost anything.)

#7 Frendly Pythagorean Natteri Tato

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 01:43 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 23 August 2022 - 10:59 AM, said:

Yes this is what I notice people are doing.

#8 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 November 2022 - 01:10 AM

i think i set mine up with 2 SNPPC, and 3 MGs though i haven't really played it much since the close in play style just isn't my thing. i much prefer mid range combat. (also anything moving more than 100 kph tends to give me a headache.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users