Z Painted Mechs

84 replies to this topic

#81 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 06:36 PM

way i see it anyone who starts a war is a criminal, but you cannot charge them with a crime if they can just retreat to their sovereign territory and then point nukes at you in a passive aggressive manor. only reason we were able to hang so many germans is because they lost brutally and completely. and even then we let a lot of them go. the guy in charge of uboat operations got away with leaving survivors for dead on the grounds that we did the same thing.

Edited by LordNothing, 08 September 2022 - 06:37 PM.

#82 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 September 2022 - 07:57 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 30 August 2022 - 08:49 AM, said:

still cant fault a russian player for being patriotic. how many countries have the usa invaded in the last 100 years? some for very contrived reasons. are you gonna ban me for painting a mech red white and blue?

There's a difference between patriotism and nationalism. A patriot will not praise his nation's atrocities, a nationalist will. I'm not proud of the US's historical treatment of Native Americans, the presence of slavery, the legacies of slavery (which are still an issue), the treatment of various ethnic and religious groups, our inconsistent and often bigoted application of asylum laws, etc.

At the same time, the US's system of government is a wonderful thing, and I'm a huge fan of the principles espoused by our founding documents. Yes, the system needs better wards against those that would use the government's power and authority for selfish and unjust ends. As the saying goes, the answer to bad government should be good government, not no government.

#83 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 11:24 AM

Upgrading from presidential republic to parliamentary republic and from first past the post elections to proportional representation would be great steps to safeguarding the future of any democracy that doesn't already utilize such institutions.

They are pretty great.

#84 HolyGrail101

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 08:29 AM

I filed a complaint involving this subject yesterday and asked if I was complaining in vain. The answer I received from PGI satisfied my question to the point that I will keep filing to moderation support if I see the "Z" symbol on peoples Mechs when I believe it is likely they are in support of Russia's Pro-war messaging.

Edited by HolyGrail101, 12 September 2022 - 08:35 AM.

#85 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 October 2022 - 10:55 AM

View PostEscef, on 23 July 2022 - 06:21 PM, said:

The war is disrupting food supplies on three continents, Ukraine is a major grain exporter. It's not Ukraine itself that is the major concern, it's all the areas that are being affected; it's cascading into areas where the nation has major interests. As for US involvement, we're providing arms, intel support, money, and sanctioning Russia. No boots on the ground, no gear with our flag or IFF broadcasting from it. And Putin has painted himself into a corner on this one, the Russian people have been told fish stories, and if Putin doesn't deliver he looks weak. Russians are damned paranoid about perceived weakness, their political and social climate is not friendly to non-hierarchical structures. And the Ukrainians are fighting tooth and nail, Russian losses have been obscenely high; not good for a war where you told your people that you'd roll over the opposition and be welcomed.

Anyway, this forum isn't exactly the right place for politics. The topic has already been covered about as well as the venue requires. For those that wish more info, there's always Google. I'd suggest sticking to respected news sources, places like the BBC or NPR. I've found the BBC is useful for getting a non-American perspective, and NPR tends to dig deeper and beat around the bush less than major networks (CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc.). I've heard that Al-Jazeera is also good for getting non-American perspectives as well, but I'll admit to not following them in any significant way, so I can't particularly vouch for them.

probably a lot less disruptive than the Dutch government banning fertilizer and tossing farmers in jail for protesting the confiscation of their farms.

And more countries are banning fertilizer too. Canada, USA, lots of "3rd world" countries doing the same.

Agenda 2030, ban all the fertilizer, ban all the petroleum products used to make fertilizer, you'll own nothing and you'll be happy.

Here take this gene "therapy" that makes you sterile, gives you heart damage so you die early, that's if you don't die of cancer from it first. And if you are lucky enough to live through all that you have no immune system left.

Remember, kids have always dropped dead of heart attacks!

Dr. Kimberly Biss, MD. 50% rise in infertility, 50% rise in miscarriage, 25% rise in cancer. I just read a paper showed cancer rates doubled in the USA in one year.

https://twitter.com/...591963098181637

We've got some hard times coming and it's just started.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users