Jump to content

I Knew Matchmaking Was Bad..but.


31 replies to this topic

#1 WereGenie

    Rookie

  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 06:34 PM

Look I know MM is broken in this game. But, Event Queue is ridiculous. I have been in 3 games so far and every game recognized someone on the Red team from YouTube videos posted by TTB or NGNG. EVERY DAMN GAME, I am Tier5, why am I fighting 4+ Tier 1 players on the other team?
The last game, 2 players with Crusader Craels were In our spawn area. They knew which way the mechs would face at Spawn and ripped us up from behind with MGs before we could even turn around!! THIS is why people are leaving this game, I have only been playing since late April/early May and I can see this game is on life support, Does ANYONE in authority even CARE???

#2 feeWAIVER

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 980 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 06:44 PM

They probably have tier 5 players on their side too.
And you probably have tier 1 players on your side.

Edited by feeWAIVER, 05 August 2022 - 06:44 PM.


#3 Monkey Lover

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,913 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:12 PM

Because they waited for like 30 minutes to find a match lol

#4 The Captain Dead

    Rookie

  • Menig
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:38 PM

they are just tiers 1 because they play 24/24 hours to the game, they are bad lol.

Stop wine please.

#5 Maddermax

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 08:05 PM

Event Queue doesn't have a matchmaker, all levels are in together. It's just how it is for that queue, but as there's no groups, you'll be dropped with high level players on your side as often as against you. If you're finding yourself cycling up with one or two other people constantly that you want to avoid, just wait a couple of minutes after the end of a match before dropping into the next one, which will often mean they'll drop, and you'll be able to catch a different match.

View PostThe Captain Dead, on 05 August 2022 - 07:38 PM, said:

they are just tiers 1 because they play 24/24 hours to the game, they are bad lol.

Stop wine please.


Neither TTB nor Sean Lang are bad players, both are very high level players whether you like them or not, and their stats bear that out. Saying it's because they play a lot is like saying professional football players are bad because they practice a lot to get good at the game.

Edited by Maddermax, 05 August 2022 - 08:06 PM.


#6 WereGenie

    Rookie

  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 08:15 PM

View PostMaddermax, on 05 August 2022 - 08:05 PM, said:


Neither TTB nor Sean Lang are bad players, both are very high level players whether you like them or not, and their stats bear that out. Saying it's because they play a lot is like saying professional football players are bad because they practice a lot to get good at the game.


I agree, I actually don't mind higher Tier players. I DO mind the Seal Clubbing when we can't even leave our spawn point AND they make fun of us across the chat. (both jerks already reported) The humiliation of being killed before I even get 30 meters is stupid. Every red team has Clan ERLL and ERPPCs on damn near every mech, so they hit us before we can hit back. Yeah, yeah I know, get clan mechs. I have only been playing since May and am happy I have 6 I.S. Assaults, I can't spend money on the game so all my builds are strictly from Grinding.

Oh well, hopefully I can improve my game. At least there aren't any pissant lights running around. Only REAL mechs,.....LOL.

#7 Maddermax

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:34 PM

View PostWereGenie, on 05 August 2022 - 08:15 PM, said:


I agree, I actually don't mind higher Tier players. I DO mind the Seal Clubbing when we can't even leave our spawn point AND they make fun of us across the chat. (both jerks already reported) The humiliation of being killed before I even get 30 meters is stupid. Every red team has Clan ERLL and ERPPCs on damn near every mech, so they hit us before we can hit back. Yeah, yeah I know, get clan mechs. I have only been playing since May and am happy I have 6 I.S. Assaults, I can't spend money on the game so all my builds are strictly from Grinding.

Oh well, hopefully I can improve my game. At least there aren't any pissant lights running around. Only REAL mechs,.....LOL.


Funnily enough if the lights that help keep the sniper mechs a little more honest at times, but that's another discussion.

On the note of spawn camping, that's a real issue with drop decks. It was a big issue that soured me on Faction Play as well, as if there was a good premade on one side, the last 5 minutes of the game were usually just one side getting spawn killed repeatedly until they ran out of mechs, doesn't make for enthralling game play. It's even more of an issue when doing normal non-FP maps, because at least the FP maps try to make spawn areas a little safer.

Honestly, 10 seconds of invincibility on spawn would make a massive difference to drop deck play, and should be short enough that lights can't abuse it when they're allowed in. Should be easy to program in too, I'd think, so it might even be possible to do without interfering with the spaghetti code. It wouldn't eliminate an opposing team camping the spawn from, say, the high ground on Canyon network, but it would stop them instantly ganking you with a back shot.

Obviously it would cause issues with some game modes where people spawn near objectives, but that's a lesser evil to work on.

Edited by Maddermax, 05 August 2022 - 09:37 PM.


#8 WereGenie

    Rookie

  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:48 PM

if only the spawns weren't so lopsided on Tourmaline. If you spawn on the G-line you can get to the tower and snipe the enemy Spawn almost immediately. plus there is high ground to left and right that allows PPC/Gauss to fire right down on any enemy trying to just get to the fight. I had to sell some stuff to equip more long range weapons after 3 mechs in one game were destroyed by snipers BEFORE I could even get in the fight. THAT is demoralizing as hell and one Major reason this game is bleeding players.
Sad to say, PGI doesn't even SEEM interested in fixing the game balance, Aforementioned light mechs first on the list.

#9 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 10:29 PM

If you do not like being farmed, then the logical thing would be not to go to the place where they farm you.

#10 WereGenie

    Rookie

  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 10:58 PM

View Postmartian, on 05 August 2022 - 10:29 PM, said:

If you do not like being farmed, then the logical thing would be not to go to the place where they farm you.


The problem with that is the only way to avoid being "farmed" is to drop out of the game. I won't do that.
when they can fire into your spawn from 3 directions the only way to fight back is to have the same guns they do.
I am a brawler. not a sniper, but I have had to replace all my SNPPCs, HG and AC20s with Gauss Rifles, ERLL and ERPPC just to be compeitive. The stupid map encourages snipers and when they know it is the map ONLY snipers can play. THAT is the bad part, this mode is encouraging 1-dimensional play.

#11 caravann

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 11:17 PM

They're at tier 5 because they are tier 5 players.

#12 crazytimes

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 11:24 PM

I was in one of your games. Didn't really see you play... but I noted half our team brought 65t mechs to a 100t fight. The other team had lower tier players as well, plenty.of people in weird bracket build 65-75T.

If you can't fill a 400T drop deck then maybe wait until the event mode switches to something more suitable for your mech collection.

#13 WereGenie

    Rookie

  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 12:12 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 05 August 2022 - 11:24 PM, said:

I was in one of your games. Didn't really see you play... but I noted half our team brought 65t mechs to a 100t fight. The other team had lower tier players as well, plenty.of people in weird bracket build 65-75T.

If you can't fill a 400T drop deck then maybe wait until the event mode switches to something more suitable for your mech collection.


My deck all night long has been 2 Fafnirs, King Crab and Awesome. I ONLY have assaults. The game you mention is the one where I lost 3 mechs before I could fight , because I wasnt experienced enough to bring snipers instead of brawlers.

#14 Saved By The Bell

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 06 August 2022 - 12:15 AM

Long range dont kill you fast, exp lucky headshot.
So hide and wait.

Edited by Saved By The Bell, 06 August 2022 - 12:15 AM.


#15 Maddermax

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 381 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 02:07 AM

WereGenie said:

1659773554[/url]' post='6468562']

My deck all night long has been 2 Fafnirs, King Crab and Awesome. I ONLY have assaults. The game you mention is the one where I lost 3 mechs before I could fight , because I wasnt experienced enough to bring snipers instead of brawlers.


I also saw you in a game, where someone (might of even been you, not sure) got backstabbed at spawn by a Madcat II that had walked around the map, and called it on coms. I was across the map, but called for people to clear him out (for whatever such a call is worth), as that could have gone very badly for us. Just to add some verisimilitude to your story.

Luckily, other that that it was a good fight. While snipers are absolutely a thing on a tourmaline, especially without lights to keep them honest, I managed to clear a few by flanking around that D7 sniper nest, and getting some easy kills, as snipers have poor DPS one you get close. So I did get in some good brawls with my LBX10 Sleipnir and SNPPC Awesome, you just have to be careful, it’s not all about range.

Also, the invisible walls protecting that D7 sniper nest were super annoying when I did get my AC2 Ultraviolet out to snipe back.

Edited by Maddermax, 06 August 2022 - 02:10 AM.


#16 Knownswift

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 06:16 AM

And now you understand the issues inherent to dropdecks and also knowing the map before you pick a mech.

#17 Ken Harkin

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 223 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 06 August 2022 - 06:53 AM

Spawn camping has been a **** move since the first PVP games arrived. It destroys player interest. Other than that I really enjoy the random nature of the event drops with no groups. It is also definitely driving some specific builds and play styles.

I’d love to see a deck requirement of one of each weight class.

#18 Xeno Phalcon

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 06 August 2022 - 09:46 AM

A event that only allows heavies and assaults but gives no incentive to bring anything but superfats? nope.

#19 crazytimes

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 02:52 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 06 August 2022 - 09:46 AM, said:

A event that only allows heavies and assaults but gives no incentive to bring anything but superfats? nope.


The joy of event queue is that is changes. I have no interest in conquest, but there was a conquest mode, and then there's a domination with lights and mediums.

Just play in the modes you want. Event queue is the best thing to happen to MWO in the years I've been playing, it's so simple to get into a match, and the variety is awesome.

#20 feeWAIVER

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 980 posts

Posted 06 August 2022 - 03:21 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 06 August 2022 - 02:52 PM, said:


The joy of event queue is that is changes. I have no interest in conquest, but there was a conquest mode, and then there's a domination with lights and mediums.

Just play in the modes you want. Event queue is the best thing to happen to MWO in the years I've been playing, it's so simple to get into a match, and the variety is awesome.


Yes.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users