Boreal Vault Attack - Niche Locations To Open The Gate

No replies to this topic

#1 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 09:26 AM

For obvious reasons opening the gate in Boreal Vault can be rather a pain. A few ways that work for opening one of the gates is either do the "congo line" of a few mechs going up the side ledge, shooting the gate generator, and then falling down the side of the ledge before they receive too too much defender fire. Another means is for a JJ mech to jump over the gate and take down the gate generator on the defenders side of the map. I think there is a couple of locations as well for an assault mech to take down a generator without taking too too much defender fire.
The three locations that I will be listing here provides a means to opening the gates with jump jet mechs that provides various levels of cover. I provide this info here for whoever is left of the FW community interested in this sort of stuff (maybe there is one or two of you left that still reads these forums).
The locations are
1: G4 nook: Video Link
2. F4 high ground: Video Link
3. D4 high ground: Video Link
Map showing locations: Image Link

I suggest that anyone wanting to try and use these locations to open a gate should use the testing grounds first to confirm their mech can get to the locations listed and to confirm it is a viable mech.
And yes, I am well aware that listing this info here will make it more likely to receive enemy focus fire. I find this sort of info interesting so I list it here for whoever else might find it interesting as well.
Cheers!

Edited by Jeff on a Buffalo, 10 August 2022 - 10:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users