Redeeming Hero Mech Gift

Question Help Me

8 replies to this topic

#1 Falkara

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 12:01 PM

Hey! Got into this game fairly recently, and a friend gifted me a code that should be for a Marauder IIC "Scorch". However, when I try to redeem the code, I get an error message telling me "You must own either a Standard or Collectors pack to use this add-on". I'm assuming this means I would have to purchase some pack before I can use this code, but I'm not sure which packs qualify. Would purchasing any standard or collector's pack, including platinum collection, let me use it? Or do I have to get the Marauder IIC pack specifically? Thanks for the help!

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 12:15 PM

View PostFalkara, on 14 August 2022 - 12:01 PM, said:

Hey! Got into this game fairly recently, and a friend gifted me a code that should be for a Marauder IIC "Scorch". However, when I try to redeem the code, I get an error message telling me "You must own either a Standard or Collectors pack to use this add-on". I'm assuming this means I would have to purchase some pack before I can use this code, but I'm not sure which packs qualify. Would purchasing any standard or collector's pack, including platinum collection, let me use it? Or do I have to get the Marauder IIC pack specifically? Thanks for the help!

Greetings!

If you are not sure, contact the MWO Support service. Use this e-mail:
billing@mwomercs.com

#3 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,403 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 August 2022 - 03:40 PM

A warm welcome to MWO!
Sorry to hear that you're off to a rough start... but the Scorch is a fun hero mech!

1. It does sound like maybe perhaps your friend bought only the "Hero Add-on" for Marauder IIC Scorch hero, which requires the prerequisite is Collectors Pack (I think) Standard Pack. [Thanks, Aidan Crenshaw!]
https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts#view2
(Honestly, MWO Gift Store should not have allowed this sticky situation to happen).

As Martian have already said, it's best if you contact MWO Support to sort this out at:
billing@mwomercs.com
accounts@mwomercs.com
support@mwomercs.com

2. Please do get back to us as to how your conversation with MWO Support has gone...
We will follow up your case as well!

Good luck!

Edited by w0qj, 14 August 2022 - 09:26 PM.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 09:18 PM

The prerequisite for your particular code would be the Marauder IIC Standard Pack https://mwomercs.com/marauder-iic

#5 Falkara

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2022 - 02:24 PM

Thanks for the help all! I'll try shooting them an email and see if they can do anything, otherwise maybe I'll just have to buy the pack.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,657 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 August 2022 - 04:18 PM

View PostFalkara, on 15 August 2022 - 02:24 PM, said:

Thanks for the help all! I'll try shooting them an email and see if they can do anything, otherwise maybe I'll just have to buy the pack.

Support has always been pretty nice. They might decided to use up the code and manually inject the mech for you so you don't have to buy the pack. Depends on their policies.

#7 Falkara

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2022 - 03:19 AM

Well, I got a reply from support and they said that I would have to buy the pack or they could give a refund for the code.I think I'll probably just buy the pack, unfortunate things couldn't work out a bit better.

#8 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,403 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 August 2022 - 03:38 AM

Don't wish to further complicate your case, but did you know that there's a Bundle:

https://mwomercs.com/store/bundles
"Tropic Like It's Hot"
US$24.99
~Marauder IIC Scorch hero mech, and
~Supernova Boiler hero mech
~Total 2,000 MC + total 200 GSP + total 2 million CBills + 30days active Premium Time

This above pack sounds more attractive to me...
(Hoping that you did not proceed with your original purchase rectification already...)

Edit: You cannot "gift" this "Tropic Like It's Hot" Bundle

Edit: You might also need to check your Visa/Mastercard refund policy; your credit card issuer might deduct significant charges (mine charged me US$12+ for mobile phone stand refund!!), so refund might not be worth it...

View PostFalkara, on 17 August 2022 - 03:19 AM, said:

Well, I got a reply from support and they said that I would have to buy the pack or they could give a refund for the code.I think I'll probably just buy the pack, unfortunate things couldn't work out a bit better.

Edited by w0qj, 17 August 2022 - 05:08 AM.

#9 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 17 August 2022 - 01:12 PM

The mechs in the MAD-IIC Standard Pack are pretty good, so you would end up with four capable assault-class mechs.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users