School Wifi Wont Let Me Access Mwo.

3 replies to this topic

#1 FJRD

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 03:00 PM

Whenever I try to log in from my dorm wifi (I just moved back) suddenly I cannot connect to the servers immediate error code 13 like 0.5 seconds after hitting login. It is only on this wifi connections and IT seems to not know why or how its been blocked or is not working or whatever. Any explanation of what I or IT can do to resolve this issue would be helpful. No other game has this issue and it appears to be unintentional on the part of the admins

Edited by FJRD, 14 August 2022 - 03:47 PM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 August 2022 - 04:35 PM

School Wifi likely has plenty of ports blocked, or have the SPI aspect set too tight. Do you have access to a VPN? If not directly through your network security program (ie Norton/Symantec's Norton Secure VPN) then try a couple of the free VPN as a test, to see if it would work for you. Both free and trial versions do have limits to them, such as how many devices allowed, monthly data limit, number of available servers, etc. Then again, those VPN would mostly be used to troubleshoot, to see if it will bypass, work around the school limitations that their IT is not able to resolve.

iTop VPN Free
Proton VPN Free
PrivadoVPN
Windscribe

Do check your school's policies on VPN. There are both valid and not so valid reasons for using a VPN. And due to many of the Free VPN having a data limit, if using one does resolve your MWO connectivity issue, run it only when you are able to launch MWO.

Below is the newest port settings I am able to find on the forums.

View PostNauticius, on 15 November 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

I could not play the game. I would login, enter Quick Play, vote for a map and game mode, but would be disconnected from the game server when the match started. Everytime.

This monday I opened a ticket with technical support, but I havent had any response yet. I understand that it can take a while. However, I am being penalized as if I was leaving matches on purpose. At least lift my penalty for disconnection.

After so many tries to come up with a solution I was able to play the game. I forwarded all ports to my PC. Opened them all. Now I can play the game.

After that I tried to open only the mwo ports. Supposedly:

TCP 45461
TCP 45464
UDP 21000 to 30000

and

TCP 8346
TCP 8344
TCP 8337
UDP 63397

As is told here: https://mwomercs.com...07-port-tpcudp/

I am really not tech savvy. Just want to play the game without exposing too much my PC.

So could someone tell me the ports that mwo use?

Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit 1: When I try to forward only those supposed mwo ports, I cant play the game.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 August 2022 - 04:42 PM

Another option is to set your smartphone as a hotspot and connect through it, especially if running 5G. Make sure to disable internet connection on the phone Posted Image so it is connecting through the phone's mobility network.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 14 August 2022 - 04:47 PM.

#4 FJRD

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2022 - 07:19 PM

Thanks tarl, my school does not permit the use of VPNs, I have used a wifi hotspot from my phone with some success however it is limited and not a long term solution probably

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users