Disco Bug?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Maj Destruction

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 25 August 2022 - 10:12 PM

I have always noticed this really dumb, annoying glitch. I have two PCs setup for MWO, the second PC is for my kiddos. I've noticed that when we're in a match and one of us exits the match, it disconnects the other MWO session as well. We're running the Steam edition, but it's totally different Steam accounts, totally different MWO accounts. What gives?

Matt

Edited by Maj Destruction, 25 August 2022 - 10:53 PM.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 10:22 PM

Depends on the cause of the Disco. It's likely that you are experiencing a connection issue between you, your ISP and PGI servers. That way, it's natural that both systems are affected simultaneously.

#3 Maj Destruction

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 25 August 2022 - 10:52 PM

I need to clarify/correct my original statement, it happens when one of us quits a match. The other one then gets disconnected.

Matt

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 10:55 PM

weird. I suggest you contact technical@mwomercs.com

#5 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 August 2022 - 07:58 AM

My sons used to play MWO occasionally up to about 3-4 years ago. We were all running over the same internet connection. For what its worth, we did not have any disconnect issues, so it must be newer issue.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 August 2022 - 06:13 PM

View PostMaj Destruction, on 25 August 2022 - 10:52 PM, said:

I need to clarify/correct my original statement, it happens when one of us quits a match. The other one then gets disconnected.

Matt

Check Router settings, security and turn off SPI if it is a separate piece. If not may need to just turn off the software security on the router. This does NOT turn off NAT. SPI - stateful packet inspections. Depending on HOW one of you quits the match, the router may be flooded with increased packets, triggering the SPI component into believing it is under attack, temporarily closing those ports.

Again, each router is different. You do not have to turn it off permanently, simply long enough to see if the issue is continues or stops. Next step would be to setup port triggering. Now if the router or gateway (router/modem) is rented from your ISP, you may not have actual control/access over those features. Of course the SPI being triggered could be a symptom of not having a clean/steady connection/path from your systems, through the net to the respective servers.

Another option if you do not wish to mess with those items would be test by utilizing a VPN.

#7 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 29 August 2022 - 10:21 PM

This thread has been moved to the more appropriate Workarounds section.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users