Loot Bags In General Are Bad

11 replies to this topic

#1 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 August 2022 - 06:34 AM

We all love your events and it's always nice to get new colors, mechs, mc and so on. What i don't really understand is the reasoning behind the loot bags.
When redeeming mechs, colors or other items i can fully understand, that you need a redeem page outside of the game itself. But loot bags are usually just a pain in the ***. I mean redeeming 150 loot bags per phase is not very friendly to my left mouse button. Also the redeem pages are sometimes difficult to find and therefore i for myself tent to redeem all at once. It just so happend that i forgot to redeem the complete second phase of the beach party 2022 event. Can we just get an option to automaticly redeem all the loot bags? If that's not possible, maybe you could remove the loot bag system completely and just give us more with the ingame displayed event. I don't see why some rng improves the events at all.

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 30 August 2022 - 05:38 PM

Sorry to hear that you've missed the loot bag redemption deadline for Phase 2 Beach Party 2022...
can feel how frustrating it can be, given the hard work put into achieving this...
http://www.mwomercs.com/tournaments

1. There is actually a button [Redeem_All_Bonus_Lootbags] for Bonus Loot Bags, and this button actually works!
But there is no such button [Redeem_All_Lootbags] for Normal Loot Bags earned (go figure!!).
Yeah, I also share your frustration.

2. There are some MWO power users who have shared apparently MWO legal javascripts for auto-redeeming all lootbags at once, detailed here:
http://mwomercs.com/...57#entry6366257
(I could not get this to work for my Beach Party 2022 Event...was using FireFox browser, if it matters at all...)

3. Fellow MWO members did try to send Forum message for deadline reminder to redeem loot bags from Beach Party 2022 Event...
https://mwomercs.com...-free-hero-mech

So please do keep an eye on MWO General Discussion Forum...there may be other loot bag deadline redemption reminders too Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 30 August 2022 - 10:41 PM.

#3 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 30 August 2022 - 08:24 PM

The reason behind these lootbags, as I said with the "Event Are The Ruin Of This Game" Thread is because you have people who are either unable to spend money (lack of income, packs being too expensive) or unwilling to (past decisions, vendettas, wanting to play for free), justified or not. So given the low player population of this game, PGI are trying to do everything that they can to keep players around.

Me personally don't mind the clicking work out. I do agree with you and like what you are saying about having a "Loot All" button on the challenge page. It would definitely speed up the process and I would go so far as to suggest that we could redeem lootbags in game.

#4 Miliru

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 07:10 PM

View PostWill9761, on 30 August 2022 - 08:24 PM, said:

... PGI are trying to do everything that they can to keep players around.

No, they are not. They are living in La La Land.Many suggestions have been made to improve the game. They just can't be bothered or are so set in their ways to implement them.The easiest method would be to change rewards for the different games. Right now every single game type is just the same mechanic. Everyone runs towards the enemy and there is an orgy of destruction. There is no point/reward for actually capping, holding the central area, covering your team mates with ECM. Nothing rewarding team play, which makes so many players not play as a team. This makes it less enjoyable, and so people just quit.Stuff like that has been proposed for years and they still haven't implemented it.

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 November 2022 - 10:13 AM

Hello, everyone. :)

Having seen all this chatter, anyone should certainly be able to agree with the idea of providing an "Open All Unclaimed Loot Bags" button for players to use. Further on those Loot Bag Event pages and their layout, it could be configured to get them from ALL of the pages (both surface and underneath) at once immediately for the player to enjoy. It all boils down to a very simple case of coding that button to handle the layers properly. ^_^

Of serious note, the person who complained about having to click too much is right, as that can lead to medical issues later in life. Nobody needs those happening, that's for sure! :o

You know what... I'll most certainly give...
SUPPORT!
...to this idea. Let us all hope it happens! B)

~D. V. "One click to open Unclaimed Loot Bags and not get stressed is a truly epic idea!" Devnull

[Edit by the Post's Author to fix a mistake made while setting up the formatting... Done!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 29 November 2022 - 10:15 AM.

#6 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 02 December 2022 - 09:18 AM

I love the loot bag events i've saved up enough mc from them to get hero mechs like the boiler Ultra violet and such.

#7 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 299 posts

Posted 18 February 2023 - 08:20 PM

It would be easier if loot bags were tied to damage not match score. Something semi doable for the new or players that generally don't do a lot of close combat, because of poor reflexes. I'm usually one of those people that die early with little or no damage. My brain just doesn't move that fast. The game needs a better balance between brawlers and people who prefer long to medium distance fire. A majority of the player's don't press "R" to bracket enemy mechs but strafe when they see an enemy mech in their sight. Part of my problem is I can't read the maps, and get lost.

#8 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 March 2023 - 04:16 AM

View PostChound, on 18 February 2023 - 08:20 PM, said:

It would be easier if loot bags were tied to damage not match score.
Usually you have half the bags tied to your damage and half to your match score. Unless you're doing very little damage, ~1/2 damage will be your score.

Something semi doable for the new or players that generally don't do a lot of close combat, because of poor reflexes. I'm usually one of those people that die early with little or no damage. My brain just doesn't move that fast. The game needs a better balance between brawlers and people who prefer long to medium distance fire.
There already is a reasonable balance. Part of being a brawler is knowing when and where to apply your mech - engaging too early is a mistake, if the fight is fair then both sides did something wrong.

A majority of the player's don't press "R" to bracket enemy mechs but strafe when they see an enemy mech in their sight.
In T5 maybe. In T1, they do both. If players don't use the tools the game gives them, it's not an issue with the game.

#9 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 16 March 2023 - 10:22 PM

I love opening boxes. very enjoyable.

#10 Mechaholics Anonymous

• PipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMechsico, Amechrica, JahMecha, Mechssachusetts, New BrunsMech, Mechxas, Mechtropolis, A..MARIKa

Posted 18 March 2023 - 01:18 PM

I appreciate the loot bags. Sometimes it seems hard to find the link to the redemption page, mainly for newer players. As you have to access the website. Would be nice to access it through the in game event browser, like the “Confirm: This will open a page in your default browser” notification.

#11 Thunderaan

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2023 - 08:14 AM

I personally don't mind loot bags, however I don't want to have to navigate to the website to know its a thing, or worse, find out last minute from a streamer (which I did). This most recent event, while in game you can claim event rewards, it said something about "Loot bags" but does not show or link you to them via in-game. Due to this, and me being a returning player who had forgotten about the painful early days of website based event claiming, I just did the in-game lucky charms and that was it. I then tuned into a streamer, and he was getting loot drops every game. I asked how and why, and he explained and walked me through it on the site. Thanks to him I claimed 450 loot bags. The second half to this nightmare, was clicking 300 times on these.

Small oversights I feel like, but fixing the clicking 300 times, and maybe finding a way to code it in-game, or at the very least add some link that opens to the event loot bag screen would be ideal. Many players install on steam, and never even visit the website, let alone keep tabs on trending updates / news via the website.

#12 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 April 2023 - 11:53 AM

View PostThunderaan, on 04 April 2023 - 08:14 AM, said:

The second half to this nightmare, was clicking 300 times on these.
There's a way to fix that with a small bit of JavaScript you run in your browser - see note at the end of https://mwomercs.com...__fromsearch__1 for details.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users