#1 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 28 August 2022 - 04:09 AM

Hi,

As the fix didn't made it in the last patch. I've made a standalone patch. It fixes the pink effect for AMD users and restore the blue hue effect for AMD/NVIDIA users.

The patch contains two missing cubemap textures for the vitric station map. I don't think it violates the TOS since those two files are missing ?
reddit post with the link

Tech details :
Vitric Station map misses two cubemap texture. It's textures used in reflections and lighting effects.
In that case :
  • NVIDIA users don't get the related lighting effects (a blue hue like in vitric forge)
  • AMD users get pink everywhere.
This mod contains the two cubemap textures from the vitric forge map, with the names/path expected by the vitric station map.

The effect will be a little brighter than vitric forge. But fixing this requires to edit the effect in the map. This will be done when the fixed map is released by PGI.

Edited by MrVaad, 28 August 2022 - 04:22 AM.

#2 Kingdom Come

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Ga

Posted 28 August 2022 - 01:08 PM

A temporary fix I found is when I first sign into the game, I go to the Vitric Station training grounds. The first time I enter, everything has a pink hue. I then exit back to main MWO screen. Every time I enter past the first time shows me a corrected screen. It only happens the first time I enter map once I sign on. If this does not work, just change screen to infrared where everything is black and white.

#3 Brokmuk

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 September 2022 - 04:00 AM

View PostKingdom Come, on 28 August 2022 - 01:08 PM, said:

A temporary fix I found is when I first sign into the game, I go to the Vitric Station training grounds. The first time I enter, everything has a pink hue. I then exit back to main MWO screen. Every time I enter past the first time shows me a corrected screen. It only happens the first time I enter map once I sign on. If this does not work, just change screen to infrared where everything is black and white.

I do it the same since i recognized that it only happen the first time the map starts but thx for the patch, works perfectly. I also did a research a time ago and found out that somehow the cry engine shows pink textures if the needed texture is missing, if i understand it correctly, but i dont know how to get further with this Info. THX again for the patch MrVaad !!!

Edited by Brokmuk, 04 September 2022 - 07:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users