New Player Cant Make Drop

5 replies to this topic

#1 Datucis

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 06:23 AM

I am sure this has been addressed before, however I didn't see it personally. Why is it that I can not use anything but trial mechs in faction play? I am not apart of a clan, have no clan mechs, but I would like to play some faction play. Unfortunately the only mechs it allows me to use are 4 trial mechs and none of the ones I have built. Can anyone help me with this?

Drop Deck: https://steamcommuni.../?id=2855322619
Mech Lab: https://steamcommuni.../?id=2855323032

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 28 August 2022 - 08:15 AM

If you don't own any Clan mechs I suggest you drop the other side of the conflict. Usually but not always the conflict is some faction of the Inner Sphere vs. the Clans.

Also, as you are a completely new player I strongly recommend NOT dropping into faction. It is a difficult game mode that requires the right builds specific to map and mode conditions to succeed. Do you have the necessary mechs?

Posted Image

Edited by Spheroid, 28 August 2022 - 08:38 AM.

#3 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 09:48 AM

In your first screen shot you are looking at the scouting dropdeck. Scouting dropdecks are limited to one mech that is 55 tons or less. From your second screenshot it appears that you do own 3 mechs that weight 55 tons or less, but they are all Inner Sphere mechs, so if you are attempting to put together a Clan drop deck those IS mechs will not show up for selection.

Scouting is a game type that was removed some years back and is no longer relevant. Somewhere on the dropdeck screen will be the option for an Invasion dropdeck, select that instead.

Invasion dropdecks are made up of 4 mechs collectively weighing up to 255 tons for Clan, or 265 tons for IS. All of the mechs in your dropdeck must be from one techbase, either Clan or IS. If you select to represent the Clan side of the conflict you must use a Clan mech dropdeck; if you select IS your dropdeck must be IS.

Finally, find a group or unit to play with if you want to try Faction Play. The game mode is somewhat complicated due to the poor interfaces and the easiest way to learn these things is by playing someone who has already navigated it. Plus as you will soon find out, playing as a solo will lead to long wait times and hard losses.

#4 Datucis

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 10:27 AM

I have noticed an odd wait time. It will state that I will be dropped in 1 min then it just resets when the time runs out and states ill be waiting a min for drop again. Was curious why that was lol. Thanks for the information.

#5 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 02:18 PM

View PostDatucis, on 28 August 2022 - 10:27 AM, said:

I have noticed an odd wait time. It will state that I will be dropped in 1 min then it just resets when the time runs out and states ill be waiting a min for drop again. Was curious why that was lol. Thanks for the information.

Hey man if you are looking to play some faction we drop every Friday night! Hop in and play with us!

https://discord.gg/AnJysDrP

#6 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 07:21 PM

View PostDatucis, on 28 August 2022 - 10:27 AM, said:

the 2 numbers top right of the countdown show you how many people are in que for both sides of the conflict. itll need to read 11/12 in order to drop (the 11 is because that number does not include you in that count. 11+you - 12). it will need to have 12 on each side when the timer hits 0 for you to get a match. keep in mind that players in a group get priority for matches, so if a 2 man group and a 10 man group are in que with 2 solo players, no matter how long the solos have been waiting, they will get bumped so that the 10 man group and 2 man group will play together.

thats why it is best to play in a group if you want to get matches. also, this is the hardest mode in the game, so they want to discourage people new to the game from dropping into it. i reccomend taking ironwolfs invite and playing with them if you want to try the mode out. it doesnt hold your hand at all, and new players just trying to hop in will often leave the game with a bad taste in their mouth, because its just THAT tryhard. kinda toxic sometimes too, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users