2 replies to this topic

#1 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 31 August 2022 - 10:48 PM

So each mech design has however many of each weapon it can mount. Say 3 left/right torso lasers like in the Battlemaster 1G. Can we choose what order the weapons populate? I mean right now we can only do that if we are putting in all 3 energy weapons. I would like the option to decide which specific slot they go in first. My favorite like many are high slots. That's the third weapon that goes there though. So if I only wanted 1 energy weapon, but wanted it in the highest slot.. I'd have to still add in small lasers, tag, or flamers... so I can get that top slot. Make an energy 1 2 3 spot? I mean I don't know the best way to go about this, but it sure would be nice.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,803 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 01 September 2022 - 06:58 AM

Trial and error is the current method. Often, the first weapon put in place will bubble up to the top slot when the later ones are added, but sometimes the reverse is true. Or it may NEVER happen, such as the Banshee 3M, whose two high-torso slots in the right torso can never hold a weapon of more than 2 crit slots, while the one high-torso slot on the left torso CAN.

But I agree with you, it needs to be consistent and controllable without playing the hard-point shell game.

#3 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 01 September 2022 - 07:59 PM

We're building it, it really doesn't make sense that our mech mechanic would be like.. .you can only have the high weapon, if you have 2 others first. otherwise NO, and he smacks your nose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users