Kid-Friendly?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 September 2022 - 06:08 PM

I keep trying to go back to HBS battletech, but it just takes SO LONG to do anything.

Anyway... My 6 and 8 year old really like to watch computer games. Unfortunately, some games (World of X) are multiplayer and that has lead to my 8 year old reading some profanity out loud trying to figure out what it meant. I have similar concerns with playing MWO with voice comms on.

HBS BT has a number of voice lines that also contain language I don't want my kids picking up.

How is the content of MW5 and it's expansion packs? Do ally/enemy lines/cutscenes/etc. have profanities in them, or is the language clean throughout?

I'm assuming there's no gore or graphic violence because you just don't see those in Mech games (nobody wants to render PBI vs. mech feet).

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 10:05 AM

the game doesn't swear. unfortunately that does not always hold true for the player base. its technically against the tos, but you hear it in coms sometimes.

never mind, thought i was in the mwo board. that said i dont recall any profanity in mw5.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 September 2022 - 10:06 AM.

#3 FAT JESUS

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 11:56 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 September 2022 - 10:05 AM, said:

the game doesn't swear. unfortunately that does not always hold true for the player base. its technically against the tos, but you hear it in coms sometimes.

never mind, thought i was in the mwo board. that said i dont recall any profanity in mw5.

Yes there is, an ai pilot made mocked my Urbie. I needed real world counselling. I still hear their laughter at my mechs size.

Edited by FAT JESUS, 20 September 2022 - 11:56 AM.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 05:45 PM

yea, mw5 is very anti-urbie, they perform like the urbies in every other mechwarrior game other than mwo. there needs to be a buffed urbie mod to make them the op.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users