Please Run Event Queue More Often

13 replies to this topic

#1 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 September 2022 - 01:26 PM

I don't care what it is. Makes it feel like a new game, gives me a reason to buy more mechs and spend more money. Help me, help you, help me give you my money.

For more specific feedback:

-at least 2x a month would be great. This leaves room for the regular free mech events and seasonal stuff

-rotate the queue types every 2-3 hours, but repeat the same cycle each day. This way people can choose when to take breaks and to plan their schedule around catching their favorite queues.

-alternate days or weekends between stuff like this Solaris theme, stuff like the earlier wacky modifiers (extreme dissipation, armor, speed, etc), smaller and bigger mechs, etc

-if you run urbie derby, only do it in one or two hour intervals between the other stuff. that way people who hate urbie derby or get sick of it easily can go eat or something instead, but still have a reason to come back to event queue later that day.

-run through APAC evening on Mondays. Gives NA all of their evening, and allows APAC to make up for all the time they miss out on at the start.

-for 2v2 solaris events let people drop into queue solo and get paired with randoms

Edited by mytilus edulis, 07 September 2022 - 02:52 PM.

#2 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 05 September 2022 - 01:32 PM

I also would like to see it more often as I only get to play every other weekend (work sucks!) I have gotten to get in the que 3 times because of it. You always seem to run it while I can't play. Sucks for me, sure, but it could be better!

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 September 2022 - 08:15 AM

It could be used for regular event modes on a specific, repeating schedule probably during peak population times. People might schedule play sessions on certain days if that were the case. The "regular programming schedule" doesn't have to be 24x7. Special events could supersede the regular schedule.

#4 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 10:39 AM

More gameplay options is always great for sure.

#5 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:12 PM

I'll second making it go later in the day US West time. Things ending at 5pm on a Sunday afternoon is a big waste. Often I can't start till then, so I basically miss the whole day.

Would be great to have 4v4 groups some time too.

#6 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 07 September 2022 - 05:39 AM

I got locked out of the event queue last Saturday because it was 2v2 groups only, all the discords I know were empty, and my antisocial personality disorder prevents me from making new friends. Sucks for me.

Edited by feeWAIVER, 07 September 2022 - 05:39 AM.

#7 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 September 2022 - 08:00 AM

With the 4 drop decks though.. way better than Quickplay and faction play.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 08:41 PM

would like weekly events. or perhaps have low player count modes available during off peak hours.

#9 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 12:33 PM

would love to see more event queue

#10 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 06:28 PM

It should be a regular thing. They should set it up so all it takes their end is a bit of a spreadsheet for the conditions, and it could be scheduled for months in advance with zero extra input required PGIs end.

I had more fun in event queue than everything else put together. Extremely accessible, requirements clear, and if I did not like the current event I could just just do QP until it was over.

#11 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 03:58 AM

Pros: minority of people like it, enables experimentation about things that can no longer ever be implemented
Cons: gamebreaking MM bug, drains scarce dev time, splits queue to increase match wait time and opening gates to worse MM

WWPGI do? Full speed ahead, like with Solaris, soup queue, etc.
ggwp

#12 BelligerentEngine

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 07:01 AM

I'd be happy if quick play moved to 8v8 with drop decks tbh, it makes the game better.

#13 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 27 September 2022 - 08:01 AM

It seems to me that they only run the event queue on the weekends I work. I would love to see it run more often.

#14 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 27 September 2022 - 08:15 AM

A lights only Conquest map, please, like the days of early beta. Fast paced, exciting and so much fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users