September 2X Free Mechs Event!

75 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 04:28 PM

SEPTEMBER - 2 FREE MECHS EVENT!

Complete Challenges to earn the ORION ON1-VA and the SUMMONER SMN-B!

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 September 2022 - 05:03 PM

Wow, thank you MWO for two free mechs ;)

First the Solaris Event results were in very quickly, and now this 2-free-mech event!

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 05:50 PM

I think I will use my Hero Orion "Protector" to get this ON1-VA. Posted Image

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,698 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 07:47 PM

i dont think i have either of these. mechs+=2;

View Postmartian, on 08 September 2022 - 05:50 PM, said:

I think I will use my Hero Orion "Protector" to get this ON1-VA. Posted Image

i recently bought a skoll. will probibly put games on it in the process of getting more onions.

Edited by LordNothing, 08 September 2022 - 07:48 PM.

#5 I am a Robot

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 07:55 PM

Hmmm..? Do a lot of players use the ON1-VA in Solaris? ON1-M has always been my go to Onion.

#6 Ronbo

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 48 posts
  • LocationWashtington state

Posted 08 September 2022 - 08:37 PM

whats the preferred build for this Orion VA for solaris? SRMs and AC20?

#7 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 09:22 PM

Cool picture

#8 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 09:28 PM

No camos? That's disappointing. I already have both variants, and while the Summoner is modular thanks to omnipods, the ON1-VA is such a 1trick pony I was planning to sell it. At least put a Buccaneer Orion and Vagabond Summoner Skin for 25K Matchscore. That'd be something fun to aim for.

#9 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 September 2022 - 10:13 PM

Press [F5] to refresh your browser on this webpage:
https://mwomercs.com/events/465

You can use any mech, just meet the matchscore requirements!

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,698 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 11:31 PM

i think im going to use the summoner as an atm jumpboat. the onion as an hgauss+srm brawler.

#11 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 859 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 09 September 2022 - 12:38 AM

Matchscores again. Grinding in QP... It means I need to play every single day what is BAD... I not play more than 1-3 matches per day and play 3-4 days per week.
I would not be able to seize these two because the necessary amount of GRINDING...
Need to dust Lurmers again because GRINDING (and QP would full of them again) what means FARMING...
Previous events with variable goals were so much more fun. I am not against free mechs but a bit more variety may not hurt that much...

And now "matchscore protecting posts" incoming...

Yeah, you all agree with me just not dare to admit...

#12 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 01:29 AM

Agreed, this is the lazy/lowest effort approach. They probably had their hands full with other stuff, who knows. Differentiated objectives are more fun though indeed.

#13 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 759 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 09 September 2022 - 02:15 AM

20k matchscore is quite a call... Nothing against a challange, but that one will most probably need a deadline extension.

#14 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 02:56 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 09 September 2022 - 02:15 AM, said:

20k matchscore is quite a call... Nothing against a challange, but that one will most probably need a deadline extension.

I don't think so. 20k may sound much at first, but you have 32 days to complete the challenge.
And remember, matchscore farming with AMS/LAMS is no longer possible!

#15 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 09 September 2022 - 04:55 AM

WOT and WOWS "gift away" events are a grind.this games prices are kinda easy to achieve.If you dont manage to complete it dont blame the game.i mean, you cant change the olympics because 1 guy only can run 3 kph xD.
i mean, if you unable to complete the challange because of your job, complain about it to your boss.
then you see how ridicilous your problem is

Edited by 1312SHR1312, 09 September 2022 - 04:58 AM.

#16 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 September 2022 - 05:23 AM

The last monthly free mechs have been from match score because it's perhaps the most basic and fair metric they can use that doesn't alter player behavior much to "farm" an objective. It's about as passive as a criteria as you can have. But I would like to see some varied objectives in the mix too for the free trinkets along the way. The free mech itself can still be match score. Although these are set up as progressive achievements because they're increasing amounts of match score, they certainly don't have to be. They can all be different and still run for a month.

#17 HamHamLGB

Rookie

• The Warden
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 05:47 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 09 September 2022 - 02:56 AM, said:

I don't think so. 20k may sound much at first, but you have 32 days to complete the challenge.
And remember, matchscore farming with AMS/LAMS is no longer possible!

Can you talk more about this? A couple months ago I had been taking out my 7A and having good match scores with it. Are you saying that AMS doesn't effect it any longer or are you just saying it can't be manipulated?

#18 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 07:24 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 08 September 2022 - 07:47 PM, said:

i dont think i have either of these. mechs+=2;

I own both of those 'Mechs. I have bought them when they were added into the MWO. Posted Image

View PostLordNothing, on 08 September 2022 - 07:47 PM, said:

i recently bought a skoll. will probibly put games on it in the process of getting more onions.

Grinding the Orion in the another Orion is more stylish. Posted Image

View PostClay Endfield, on 08 September 2022 - 09:28 PM, said:

No camos? That's disappointing. I already have both variants, and while the Summoner is modular thanks to omnipods, the ON1-VA is such a 1trick pony I was planning to sell it. At least put a Buccaneer Orion and Vagabond Summoner Skin for 25K Matchscore. That'd be something fun to aim for.

Well, you can not not earn a camo pattern, but you will get a lot of bolt-ons and decals, so you can alter the exterior of your 'Mechs this way.

View PostDuke Falcon, on 09 September 2022 - 12:38 AM, said:

Matchscores again. Grinding in QP... It means I need to play every single day what is BAD... I not play more than 1-3 matches per day and play 3-4 days per week.
I would not be able to seize these two because the necessary amount of GRINDING...
Need to dust Lurmers again because GRINDING (and QP would full of them again) what means FARMING...
Previous events with variable goals were so much more fun. I am not against free mechs but a bit more variety may not hurt that much...

And now "matchscore protecting posts" incoming...

Yeah, you all agree with me just not dare to admit...

I would be cautious with the LRMs. If you get the Solaris City map five times in a row, you are not going to earn too many points. Posted Image

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 09 September 2022 - 01:29 AM, said:

Agreed, this is the lazy/lowest effort approach. They probably had their hands full with other stuff, who knows. Differentiated objectives are more fun though indeed.

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 09 September 2022 - 05:23 AM, said:

The last monthly free mechs have been from match score because it's perhaps the most basic and fair metric they can use that doesn't alter player behavior much to "farm" an objective. It's about as passive as a criteria as you can have. But I would like to see some varied objectives in the mix too for the free trinkets along the way. The free mech itself can still be match score. Although these are set up as progressive achievements because they're increasing amounts of match score, they certainly don't have to be. They can all be different and still run for a month.

I like pure MS objectives such as these ones. I can take any 'Mech that I would like to play and arm it with any loadout that I wish to try.

Better that having to farm for example LRM damage and getting Solaris City game after game ... And when you finally get some more open map, you can bet that the enemy team will be full of ECM-carrying 'Mechs and AMS boats.

So for me, MS requirements are the better option.

View PostHamHamLGB, on 09 September 2022 - 05:47 AM, said:

Can you talk more about this? A couple months ago I had been taking out my 7A and having good match scores with it. Are you saying that AMS doesn't effect it any longer or are you just saying it can't be manipulated?

PGI has changed it (I can not remember when, maybe two months ago). Enemy missiles destroyed by your AMS no longer raise your Match Score.

#19 SniperFury

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 07:30 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 09 September 2022 - 01:29 AM, said:

I'm sorry but how many times have people complained about differentiated types of damage, different objectives... Everyone will always complain about everything. I really don't care how they do it. I just think it's great they've got something up there. That's it! Oh my God I've got a grind matchmaking. You would have to either way at the end of the day. That's all. Games are anyway. It just depends on how well they hide it or how easy you are to trick.

They've put them in. They have ways to earn them. That's great. You will get these through regular play.

#20 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 08:28 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 08 September 2022 - 04:28 PM, said:

SEPTEMBER - 2 FREE MECHS EVENT!

Complete Challenges to earn the ORION ON1-VA and the SUMMONER SMN-B!

Perhaps it would be a good idea to remove the August challenge from the front page carousel and replace it with the current event.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users