Why Is It....

37 replies to this topic

#1 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 02:06 PM

That the people that end up dead 60 seconds into a match and do sub 100 damage are the ones talking the most smack about how the team sucks or that they're cowards?

Like.. I know I'm crap but... man some people just get worked up. Gotta watch that blood pressure folks!

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,810 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 09 September 2022 - 02:12 PM

Because some folks don't like thinking that perhaps they did something wrong, or worse... someone is better at this game than they are. Same old, same old. Posted Image

#3 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 02:17 PM

Scrap, always there with the truth bombs.

#4 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 03:18 PM

Yeah, it’s like that some times. I remember a game a while ago, had one guy die early, rant in chat about always ending up on bad teams in the chat. 3 minutes later, we won 10-0, with the only other death being an overheat. The guy strangely didn’t say anything at that point, funny that.

Another game I remember had a guy on voice chat complaining that the lights are useless, because they didn’t stop the enemy lights from killing him. End of the game, after clutching out a victory, 6 kills for our lights, 4 of them in my locust. Once again, the guy was strangely silent at the end…

Edited by Maddermax, 09 September 2022 - 03:23 PM.

#5 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 04:12 PM

LOL welcome to the moody world, and some the drink beer ect ect, also remmeber there are teams, and wings THAT is a 2 man, unit, and they maybe be packing, lights and few MED mechs-- with 35 to 40 point alphas, some are a little higher, you sound NEW, i am and old fart in the game.
I can be the GUY they go after, if they find you, been seeing alot folks face planting, testing there weapons, not being with a team, WHERE ARE in that learning CURVE ???.

SAWK

#6 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 01:19 AM

View PostIhlrath, on 09 September 2022 - 02:06 PM, said:

That the people that end up dead 60 seconds into a match and do sub 100 damage are the ones talking the most smack about how the team sucks or that they're cowards? Like.. I know I'm crap but... man some people just get worked up. Gotta watch that blood pressure folks!

Because they are the idiots who charge to enemy alone get off with alpha or two and die and wonder why rest of the team didn't join them in that suicide charge.

#7 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 01:47 AM

Call of duty mind rot.
it's a nasty disease if you have it your never really cure from it.

#8 Cherge

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 03:26 AM

In their (slight) defense... I came back after a year+ break, and I fell into that trap of being too fast to engage, and wondering why no one else did

In MWO, unlike call of duty, you must play around your team, one way or another, even if you don't agree with the plan

#9 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 383 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 10:03 AM

Does it matter if we win, if we look at statistics those who stay don't bother how many times them win. For most part it's a Cadet crumbling windmill. If you going for call of duty you also need to win the PCmaster Race because your performance is depending on latency of the connection and the PC. There's as well those annoyed that the frame rates is locked on what seem to be 30 or 60 FPS which makes itself aware on high quality screens that there's always some sort of stop motion going on the screen. For this reason it's not a call of duty who rely on new releases to improve the competitive to other shooters and its own product.
Historically attempts to make games run better has result into low performance on low end platforms like example Halo promoted increased frames but forgot it's a console game made to run on energy efficient hardware to plead political goals when marketing the console.

Mechwarrior online has a pump and gun mode who is Faction play and the game has improved by the events.
In call of duty you stick in pair because you'll get shot in the back no matter how good you are. In this sense MWO copies other shooters with team lances.
There's no law in Mechwarrior who says that you can't put armor in both front and rear. This is to fuel the mentality to solo the game. It's a compromise to make the game accessible to many game modes.

Compared to many other games, this one make everyone having the ability to see through walls that solo is doable but relies on knowledge of the map. It's an online game and it relies on a server somewhere on a continent. E-sport is made locally because connections increase or reduce response time . There's no way to solve the delay and call of duty is a console game. PC games just can't be competitive because of lack of limits or limitations. If we're playing in different timezones the server is having the hard decision to decide what event is happening first. It has to choose one player over the other. In the past applications performance was based on the limit of the machine and the machines available were shorter since most were standardized by industry. Apple lost sales because they marketing their computer as a gaming computer and PC took over and killed the Macintosh who no longer exist and the only thing is the software. But these were standardized computers sold in one package to be used in offices.
What are you fearing? That you'll have fun instead of sitting looking into a wall for 5 minutes.

#10 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 11:24 AM

That the people that end up dead 60 seconds into a match and do sub 100 damage are the ones talking the most smack about how the team sucks or that they're cowards?

Like.. I know I'm crap but... man some people just get worked up. Gotta watch that blood pressure folks!

Once they're dead, they have nothing else to do. They could offer positive contributions, but they don't...

#11 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,810 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 10 September 2022 - 01:51 PM

View PostGasboy, on 10 September 2022 - 11:24 AM, said:

Once they're dead, they have nothing else to do. They could offer positive contributions, but they don't...

Thank goodness Mech Shanties are not a thing. Posted Image

#12 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 03:43 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 10 September 2022 - 01:51 PM, said:

99 bottles of beer on the waaaaaallllll, 99 bottles of beer...

#13 XenoWraith

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 04:16 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 10 September 2022 - 01:51 PM, said:

We need mech shanties now. Especially as war horns.

#14 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 September 2022 - 07:12 AM

There are a few that run in and die every match in Tier 4.. They literally run in and get obliterated.. every match. Every time i see their names in our team i know we are gonna lose. They drink heavily as well.

Edited by Nomad Tech, 11 September 2022 - 07:15 AM.

#15 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 01:17 PM

Sometimes it's because you all NASCAR and leave me alone to die on the furthermost left spot of the map. The radar will glow up full of targets to the left yet you'll all keep NASCARing.

If you'd like to play a racing games there's plenty to choose from, there's Project Cars, Forza, Drive Club, etc.

Edited by I LOVE ANNIHILATORS, 11 September 2022 - 01:18 PM.

#16 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,776 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:06 AM

welcome to mwo, or any game for that matter.

#17 MyriadDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 05:17 AM

In fairness, there is the odd case where they get get a bad combo of spawn and being the slowest mech on a fast team. I.e. Mining Collective northeast or southwest lance spawn in a 50-60kph mech on a team that moves >80kph is an exercise in frustration. Even if you can keep enough of a lead on the enemy nascar to not become road pizza, you spend so much of the match running rather than shooting that your contribution is nearly the same regardless of whether or not you hold your ground for the inevitable 1v4 to 1v12.

For 99.9% of the playerbase that situation is lose-lose, and outside of not picking a mech physically incapable of exceeding 60kph there's not really anything a player can do to avoid it.

#18 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 05:55 AM

View PostI LOVE ANNIHILATORS, on 11 September 2022 - 01:17 PM, said:

Sometimes it's because you all NASCAR and leave me alone to die on the furthermost left spot of the map. The radar will glow up full of targets to the left yet you'll all keep NASCARing.

If you'd like to play a racing games there's plenty to choose from, there's Project Cars, Forza, Drive Club, etc.

It's like NASCAR, but not actually NASCAR as there's no harm no foul if you skip the first, a few, or all the laps. Let the enemy and your teammates run past you, and join when it works best for you.

#19 Zeddicuus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 06:39 AM

I just ignore those players (Or squelch them if I can). If they're half as good as they claim, they shouldn't have died so fast and if they get that angry over a game I hardly give any their opnions any weight.

As for NASCARing, it's always fun to take up position, shut down your mech to watch them walk by. Then just snipe them from behind.

#20 Stelar 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 315 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 08:04 AM

Nothing new about scrubs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users