3 replies to this topic

#1 --Saint--

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 September 2022 - 10:23 AM

I would suggest 2 things:
1) that TAG defeat stealth armour. Its just silly that it can´t. Assaults and heavies that take TAG and SSRMs for self defense can´t use them against their worst enemies, stealth lights with splas.
2) that we have TAG specific hardpoints or at least an extra energy slot in some mechs, so we can equip TAG and not have to sacrifice limited energy weapon slots. Its hard to get locks fast enough with LOS, TCs, targeting nodes and BAP. TAG really, really helps.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 09:47 PM

1) TAG does "defeat" Stealth Armour. It's the disrupt mode of the ECM that disables TAG and your ability to lock on.
2) Neither TCs, Skills nor BAP or TAG speads up locks with LOS. In fact, nothing does. IDF locks are spead up by your distance in comparison to your sensor range, so associated skills, sensor range buffs by equipment (APs, TCs, CC) indirectly enhance lock-on times.

#3 --Saint--

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 06:41 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 11 September 2022 - 09:47 PM, said:

1) TAG does "defeat" Stealth Armour. It's the disrupt mode of the ECM that disables TAG and your ability to lock on.

I´m not sure about this, I was 1v1 a stealth locust or flea, hitting it with tag to no avail. He was alone, so he wasn't getting external ecm cover (which also seems to defeat tag).
As for ECM disrupt mode, I´ve hit ECM mechs with tag and locked them fine, since disrupt is the default mode we start in (I think), I´m pretty sure that tag works fine against unstealthed ECM targets.

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 11 September 2022 - 09:47 PM, said:

2) Neither TCs, Skills nor BAP or TAG speads up locks with LOS. In fact, nothing does. IDF locks are spead up by your distance in comparison to your sensor range, so associated skills, sensor range buffs by equipment (APs, TCs, CC) indirectly enhance lock-on times.

Now this is interesting. Range buffs to speed I had no idea about, but I´m pretty sure BAP, TC and TAG all speed up targeting data/lock, as it says so in their descriptions (they even give you an idea of the %). I think you mean you get no buffs when you don´t have LOS? because that I have found to be true, and it makes sense, as I´m using third party sensors to get locked.

EDIT: I went back to look at the wording for all targeting gizmos, and Aidan is right, only the narc says it accelerates lock. TAG maintains lock for longer, but TC and BAP only mention targeting speed, which is not necessarily the same as locking speed. I always thought they worked in lockstep, but perhaps I am mistaken. Thanks Aidan

Edited by Auric Monkey, 12 September 2022 - 09:07 AM.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 11:40 AM

View PostAuric Monkey, on 12 September 2022 - 06:41 AM, said:

EDIT: I went back to look at the wording for all targeting gizmos, and Aidan is right, only the narc says it accelerates lock. TAG maintains lock for longer, but TC and BAP only mention targeting speed, which is not necessarily the same as locking speed. I always thought they worked in lockstep, but perhaps I am mistaken. Thanks Aidan

You're welcome. It's a common misconception, actually. I suggest to read the whole story about it in the Patchnotes that reworked Lock-on mechanics: https://mwomercs.com...atch-notes/2251

View PostAuric Monkey, on 12 September 2022 - 06:41 AM, said:

I´m not sure about this, I was 1v1 a stealth locust or flea, hitting it with tag to no avail. He was alone, so he wasn't getting external ecm cover (which also seems to defeat tag).
As for ECM disrupt mode, I´ve hit ECM mechs with tag and locked them fine, since disrupt is the default mode we start in (I think), I´m pretty sure that tag works fine against unstealthed ECM targets.

If he was closer than 120m, his ECM would've disabled the function of your TAG. With active Stealth Armour, Active Probes of any kind can't disable his ECM. A direct hit with any kind of PPC however would disable their ECM and STealth Armour for a few seconds and puts the STealth Armour on cooldown.
As long as you are not under the effect of "low signal" your TAG will make ECM and stealthed Mechs targetable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users