11 replies to this topic

#1 Leader Bee

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUK Up North

Posted 11 September 2022 - 05:11 AM

MWO has got to be the most unstable game I have ever played - 40% of the time the client loses connection to the server when I join a match, then takes an age to re-connect so that Either half my team is dead or I am by the time I do connect (Sometimes attempting multiple times) or the map loading screen just hangs.

This is supposed to be a professionally made game and it's just ridiculous how many times I have to Ctrl, Alt Delete to re-boot the client in the hopes that I can re-connect to my drop in time to enjoy a few minutes gameplay, which i'm often waiting longer to do than actually playing a match..

What the hell?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 11 September 2022 - 05:19 AM

That doesn’t happen to most players. I think it happened to me a grand total of once in the past two years.

What you’re describing is a bad IP connection. Your computer is losing connection, and the problem is either your system or that of your internet provider.

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 05:24 AM

View PostLeader Bee, on 11 September 2022 - 05:11 AM, said:

MWO has got to be the most unstable game I have ever played - 40% of the time the client loses connection to the server when I join a match, then takes an age to re-connect so that Either half my team is dead or I am by the time I do connect (Sometimes attempting multiple times) or the map loading screen just hangs.

This is supposed to be a professionally made game and it's just ridiculous how many times I have to Ctrl, Alt Delete to re-boot the client in the hopes that I can re-connect to my drop in time to enjoy a few minutes gameplay, which i'm often waiting longer to do than actually playing a match..

What the hell?

Are you sure that the problem is not on your end? Perhaps it could be a good idea to check your PC, your Direct X installation or your internet connection.

Also, it could be good idea to run the MWO Repair Tool.

I am saying this because I have no problems with the game stability. The last time when I experienced the game crash was months ago.

#4 Leader Bee

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUK Up North

Posted 11 September 2022 - 05:35 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 11 September 2022 - 05:19 AM, said:

That doesn’t happen to most players. I think it happened to me a grand total of once in the past two years.

What you’re describing is a bad IP connection. Your computer is losing connection, and the problem is either your system or that of your internet provider.

Funny it doesn't happen with any other game i play on PC, but ill see about running the repair tool, dirext x is already the most current version

Edited by Leader Bee, 11 September 2022 - 05:39 AM.

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 01:19 PM

View PostLeader Bee, on 11 September 2022 - 05:35 AM, said:

Funny it doesn't happen with any other game i play on PC, but ill see about running the repair tool, dirext x is already the most current version

You'll also want to make note of your average ping time to each of the three regions (NA, EMEA, APAC). This is listed in the upper right of your mechbay screen, the small button beside the Quick Play launch button. If any of those three are at values approaching or exceeding 200ms, you'll want to deselect that region for best experience.

For example, my ping value to NA is in the low 30's, to EMEA its usually high 80's, and to APAC its over 200, so I deselect APAC and don't play matches on those servers.

If all of them are showing high or occasionally spike high, then you have a general connection issue. I can't say what effect this would have on different games and game engines, but here its a key part of a good match.

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 September 2022 - 02:47 PM

Sorry to hear that your computer is having issues with MWO game program (client) connecting to game server...
think most MWO players do not have this issue...

1. You can always contact MWO technical support for help, they are usually very quick+helpful!
support@mwomercs.com

2. Anyways, here are a few connection troubleshooting resources to help you get started:

Unable to maintain MWO game client connection:
http://mwomercs.com/...ot-be-happening

Checking your game connection with game servers
http://mwomercs.com/...he-game-servers

If all else fails, try changing your DNS server:
http://mwomercs.com/...anging-your-dns

3. Please do let us know how your troubleshooting efforts went! Good luck!

#7 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 03:47 PM

HMM HE RIGHT ---- most play on a high end COMPUTER and a good CONNECT, ok cost of my puter was 4500 or so bucks, 2 repairs and 120 bucks per month for a cable connection, yes I BUILD MY own COMPUTER.

I think you need to STEP UP to the plate, and be true WARRIOR : )

SAWK CLANNER

#8 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 06:30 PM

but also bear in mind, this is a ten year old game, the game engine has not been updated in that time. Even my six year old gaming rig is more than capable of running the game on medium or high graphics without reducing my frames per second. But that's game quality. To be disconnected from server, its connection quality you need to check.

#9 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 08:31 PM

Very important, set the game to run in full window borderless, not full screen. Otherwise the game may lose your graphics adapter when you are tabbing out, for example.

#10 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 September 2022 - 09:20 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 11 September 2022 - 08:31 PM, said:

Very important, set the game to run in full window borderless, not full screen. Otherwise the game may lose your graphics adapter when you are tabbing out, for example.

Not related to connection issues, but absolutely a must. Full screen mode is prone to freezing, crashing, or just being unstable with alt+tabbing to Windows. Full Window does not have this issue much (though avoid doing it when it's loading to and from a match).

#11 Frendly Pythagorean Natteri Tato

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 01:14 PM

View PostLeader Bee, on 11 September 2022 - 05:11 AM, said:

What the hell?

I get crashes as well randomly with good internet. My buddy does as well, but I think its due to his bad internet.

#12 I am a Robot

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 03:26 PM

I found some anti-virus programs cause the game to not start, May be something to look into.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users