- - - - -

Peltor 3M Military Headset To Aux

4 replies to this topic

#1 Skirnarr

Rookie

• Menig
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2022 - 10:21 AM

Hello; I have a Peltor 3M headset I was issued for launching aircraft that I pretty much never use anymore. I’m sure someone else has had the idea to use this thing for gaming but I couldn’t find anything. Anyone have any suggestions or experience in adapting this for gaming/civilian use?

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 September 2022 - 09:33 PM

You probably need to source an adapter that lets it fit into audio/microphone 2.5mm jack... and this adapter might be expensive (if it even exist at all...).

Good luck!

#3 Skirnarr

Rookie

• Menig
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 07:57 AM

Copy. I purchased a pretty expensive (as in $70) military/nato to 3.5mm adapter, from Armorwerx and The Mercenary Company (ironic). There are cheaper ones but I just got paid and I was promised hassle-free returns. See how it turns out this Saturday.

#4 Frendly Pythagorean Natteri Tato

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 01:11 PM

My buddy has one of those, looks like a pretty good headset

#5 Skirnarr

Rookie

• Menig
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 09:59 AM

Got the adapter today and it works great. Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.c...ps%2C109&sr=8-1

Some guys told me to splice the wires and change out the NATO end for the headset - DON'T do that. Chances are you'll ruin the headset; just spend the money and get the damn adapter. And in this case, you get what you pay for.

I can't say how it'll work with the David-Clark headset. It should work, but who knows. But if you're aviation or Air Force and got one of these things laying around, you can indeed use it for gaming lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users