Advancing To Tier 3 Immediatelly Makes Game Unplayable

210 replies to this topic

#1 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 10:04 AM

Due to tryhard deathballs. Two matches in a row - two insta deaths from enemies just running at us within 15 seconds from match start. Can advancing to Tier 3 be simply disabled for me? It ruins 50% of my matches due to tier fluctuations. It's impossible to do free 'Mech event.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 15 September 2022 - 10:18 AM

My general rule for T3 play is not to solo drop with a mech that moves slower than 60kph. Unnecessary if you drop against T5 players, but teams with T1 players will exploit a plan-less nascar with skill.

Just note what doesn't work for you and take steps to do it differently, so you don't keep repeating the same tactic. Don't blame others, figure out what YOU can do better, be it build, tactic, or field position.

#3 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 11:13 AM

The only thing getting to you within 15s of match start is super fast lights that will barely do anything to you.

Have you tried shooting at the people just running at you?

#4 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 11:16 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 15 September 2022 - 11:13 AM, said:

The only thing getting to you within 15s of match start is super fast lights that will barely do anything to you.

Have you tried shooting at the people just running at you?

um excuse me this is a toxic competitive thing to do, what I want to do is execute a perfect 14-minute flanking maneuver that showcases my bonafides as a War Geniouse

#5 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 12:15 PM

View PostMrMadguy, on 15 September 2022 - 10:04 AM, said:

Due to tryhard deathballs. Two matches in a row - two insta deaths from enemies just running at us within 15 seconds from match start. Can advancing to Tier 3 be simply disabled for me? It ruins 50% of my matches due to tier fluctuations. It's impossible to do free 'Mech event.

Take rocket javelins, do your best in them, drop down into T4 in no time.

#6 Bassault

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 12:26 PM

No, you can't be allowed to farm geriatrics and new players forever. Adapt, overcome.

Edited by I LOVE ANNIHILATORS, 15 September 2022 - 12:26 PM.

#7 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 15 September 2022 - 01:14 PM

T3 is that horrible mash up experience of dropping with T5/4 allowing you to romp around having fun or be landed with T1/2 and surgically removed from the drop.

Ideally the bracketing of the tiers would be tighter, but the relatively low active population prevents this, so unbalanced matches based on your current real skill and experience are a natural factor to the game. Trick is to hide your tier rating and just drop for the fun of it . . . .

#8 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 01:16 PM

View PostI LOVE ANNIHILATORS, on 15 September 2022 - 12:26 PM, said:

No, you can't be allowed to farm geriatrics and new players forever. Adapt, overcome.

Hey now, this geriatric is solidly T2 and farms back sometimes. Sometimes. Posted Image

#9 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 September 2022 - 04:44 PM

View PostMrMadguy, on 15 September 2022 - 10:04 AM, said:

Not all matches are going to be like that. T3 is odd because you can get matched up with pretty much anyone.

#10 Vlads Brain

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 04:54 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 15 September 2022 - 10:18 AM, said:

My general rule for T3 play is not to solo drop with a mech that moves slower than 60kph. Unnecessary if you drop against T5 players, but teams with T1 players will exploit a plan-less nascar with skill.

Just note what doesn't work for you and take steps to do it differently, so you don't keep repeating the same tactic. Don't blame others, figure out what YOU can do better, be it build, tactic, or field position.

Very good advice. If you are going to lone wolf you need mobility above all else as it means you can easily adapt to the map and team rosters to get the best advantage. Grouping is what allows for slow ponderous assaults since they can coordinate on pushes and defense. Soloing in assaults is generally a bad idea unless you stick with the other assaults and don't try to rambo off into a flank thinking you are an invulnerable god of destruction. Only to get farmed by a flea or piranha. Posted Image

#11 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 September 2022 - 05:16 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 15 September 2022 - 01:16 PM, said:

Hey now, this geriatric is solidly T2 and farms back sometimes. Sometimes. Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
I think I am getting CLOSE to that age.. guess it really depends (hahaha) what age one would be considered a geriatric Posted Image Is it 60, 65 or...?

Edit.. lets just say I played EGA MPBT 3025 back in 91/92 and learned what Credit Card burnout meant Posted Image when billing was done by the HOUR!!!

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 15 September 2022 - 05:32 PM.

#12 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 06:10 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 15 September 2022 - 05:16 PM, said:

I think I am getting CLOSE to that age.. guess it really depends (hahaha) what age one would be considered a geriatric Posted Image Is it 60, 65 or...?

Its the internet. Anyone over 40 is a mech dad. Posted Image Y'all get off my lawn.

#13 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 September 2022 - 09:03 PM

Oh, is that why I keep hitting the T3 "ceiling" and bouncing back down to T4 also? ;)
I tend to be lone assault pilot ~52kph, but tend to push only after I see other assaults push.

View PostVlads Brain, on 15 September 2022 - 04:54 PM, said:

Very good advice. If you are going to lone wolf you need mobility above all else as it means you can easily adapt to the map and team rosters to get the best advantage. Grouping is what allows for slow ponderous assaults since they can coordinate on pushes and defense. Soloing in assaults is generally a bad idea unless you stick with the other assaults and don't try to rambo off into a flank thinking you are an invulnerable god of destruction. Only to get farmed by a flea or piranha. Posted Image

#14 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 16 September 2022 - 06:22 AM

View PostNightbird, on 15 September 2022 - 12:15 PM, said:

Take rocket javelins, do your best in them, drop down into T4 in no time.

You laugh, but I ran one of these a week ago for a few games and my kdr was a solid 1.0 ;)

#15 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:05 AM

the game is saying that you are simply too good for lower tiers. i mean sure you can run a bunch of crappy builds and get back to that t4 safe space in no time. but i think its better to save the lower tiers for the players who actually belong there. t3 is a very good place to be.

also 2 games is not enough to see the full swing of the pendulum. especially if you are being put into game after game with the same set of players, as happens often at off-peak times. if you don't like the game, try again in a few hours or the next day and you will likely see different playstyles come out of the works.

#16 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:19 AM

Find a mech you love and play the game for fun, when you realize it doesn't matter who wins or loses and its about how much Cbills you can make your stress will evaporate.

#17 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:34 AM

I think that dropping everyone in T3 during the big shift for the whole playerbase made sense.

I don't think it makes sense to leave it that way permanently.

T3 is full of teams playing kind of alright sprinkled with cadets doing silly cadet things.

#18 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 September 2022 - 10:08 AM

I for one am infuriated at how few people in tier 2 let me headshot them like they did back in 4 and 5. Completely unacceptable.

Seriously though, the way games are played completely changes when you hit tier 3, in my experience. Take a minute to relearn where people are going to go and stick with your team. The first time I hit tier 3 a few months ago were utter smack downs because I would still play like 4 and 5 and be on a completely different map and mindset from the rest of my team. Be much more patient, stick with the gang, and focus fire as much as you can. You don't have to learn how to play the game again, but chances are you'll have to relearn how to play many of the maps.

#19 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 11:38 AM

Why dont you smurf it out like more comptetive player do? Leaderboards full of smurfs nowdays who wanna be number1, so why not you guys who wanna play lower tiers do it too? smurfing= make new email adress and account and voila back to tier 5.

#20 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 16 September 2022 - 01:01 PM

The killer is at Tier 3 you can run into groups dropping together who are highly skilled. When they are on your side things can go very well, on the other side it is brutal. It is especially bad when you wind up dropping with potatoes looking to snipe from the other side of the map in their assaults when you could simply deathball through the enemy.

The two best things you can do are:

1. COMMUNICATE!!! Use the voice chat and you may find others joining in. Call out enemy movements and where you are going. Shout out to nearby teammates when they are getting flanked and when you may want to coordinate something with them. Some will not respond but others will. Communication is a MAJOR force multiplier.

2. SHOW PATIENCE. Don't go off poking on your own and don't casually sit in the back thinking you can snipe away. Stay with your team. Unless you are really good the poker is going to get chopped quickly. The casual sniper hiding in the back is going to attract those lights looking for the easy kill. Stay together and don't charge right in without support/friends.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users