43 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 11:32 AM

MWO CS 2022 TOURNAMENT SUPPORTER PACK!

Greetings MechWarriors!

It's one of our favorite times of the year again, MWO Comp Championship Series time to be specific! And with a new year comes a new Tournament Supporter Pack. This year is a bit different from all previous Supporter Packs, in that we've created two Tiers at $10 USD and $30 USD. This is another collaborative effort between MWO Comp and Piranha Games, and we're all very excited to bring back Cash Prizes for this year's MechWarrior Online World Tournament! If you would like to support the MWO competitive scene, and specifically this MWO Championship Series 2022, check out the great value on these two Packs by clicking the link below!

#2 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 11:46 AM

Let's go!

#3 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 12:23 PM

Nice! I've been waiting for this. One thing that isn't clear, you can purchase both tier 1 and tier 2 does that mean that the 10% c-bills stack i.e. you get 10% + 10% total after a match? If so that is great!

Also -

the plus from the TSP 2021 - 3 more standing and hanging items. Does that mean a total of 6 standing items, 6 cockpit + 6 warhorns? If so are both the standing and hanging items 5% bonus? Thanks!

#4 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 12:31 PM

Nice idea with the higher tier pack. Too bad its only the NTG-D(CS) as an option since I already have it from last year Posted Image

#5 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 20 September 2022 - 12:32 PM

Any of the standing or hangings items +5 cbill bonus?

#6 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 12:35 PM

View PostAll Your Bases, on 20 September 2022 - 12:23 PM, said:

Nice! I've been waiting for this. One thing that isn't clear, you can purchase both tier 1 and tier 2 does that mean that the 10% c-bills stack i.e. you get 10% + 10% total after a match? If so that is great!

Also -

the plus from the TSP 2021 - 3 more standing and hanging items. Does that mean a total of 6 standing items, 6 cockpit + 6 warhorns? If so are both the standing and hanging items 5% bonus? Thanks!

Sorry the boosts do not stack, I've updated the FAQ to reflect that.

Yes if you purchase the Tier 2 Pack, you will receive a total of 6 standing items, 6 hanging items, and 6 mounted items (3 from this year, 3 from last year). No 5% bonus on said items unfortunately.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,717 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 20 September 2022 - 01:29 PM

Any word on what the Warhorns SOUND like?

#8 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 01:55 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 20 September 2022 - 12:57 PM, said:

Someone mentioned last year that when buying the $10 pack only $5 going to the prize pool was due to the money being lost in processing fees etc, but how come the $30 pack only contributes $15 to the prize pool? Shouldn't that be $25 then. I was under the impression that the Tournament Support Pack was solely set up to raise prize money. Was that false information?

edit: I am aware that the offer says 50% contributes to the prize pool.

Dude it's a buisness there aloud to make money, without it no money no game.

#9 Rinzlev

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 02:07 PM

I don't really care about the cockpit items, and 30 USD is a lot for the same 10% boost...

Up the boost to 20% and you got a deal for tier 2

#10 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 20 September 2022 - 02:12 PM

One of the bonuses mentioned in the Tier 2 pack is "CS2021 Colors". What colors are these, specifically?

My guess would be Mint Flake Green, Tropical Pool Green, and Camo Black. But it would be nice if that was clearly stated.

Edited by Khalcruth, 20 September 2022 - 02:16 PM.

#11 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 186 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 20 September 2022 - 02:21 PM

Given how late into CS 2022 we are, it would probably be a good idea to get a start on preparing the TSP for CS 2023 /s

Edited by Rosarius, 20 September 2022 - 02:23 PM.

#12 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 02:49 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 20 September 2022 - 12:35 PM, said:

Sorry the boosts do not stack, I've updated the FAQ to reflect that.

Yes if you purchase the Tier 2 Pack, you will receive a total of 6 standing items, 6 hanging items, and 6 mounted items (3 from this year, 3 from last year). No 5% bonus on said items, unfortunately.

Thank you sir for the quick post back and clarity. You say unfortunately but you have the power to change that just an FYI :). I am a bit confused because the TSP that I bought last year both my TSP hanging/mounted are 5% extra so why wouldn't these be?

To give some more feedback (take it or leave it). As another has pointed out asking for $20 more should increase the % (I know the duration is increased) maybe think about doing 15% or 20% it's not like this is really costing you money just an FYI. Lastly, consider giving out a SELECTION of mechs instead of just one (like your annual rewards). I just bought a Nightstar and since it is already a hero (30% bonus) and has omnipods my feelings are to pass on going with a $30 buy.

#13 G i a n t E n e m y C r a b

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 03:05 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 20 September 2022 - 12:57 PM, said:

Someone mentioned last year that when buying the $10 pack only $5 going to the prize pool was due to the money being lost in processing fees etc, but how come the $30 pack only contributes $15 to the prize pool? Shouldn't that be $25 then. I was under the impression that the Tournament Support Pack was solely set up to raise prize money. Was that false information?

edit: I am aware that the offer says 50% contributes to the prize pool.

Yes.

View PostDaeron Katz, on 03 September 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

Yeah same as all of the previous Tournament Supporter Packs. The majority of Piranha's $5 cut goes to processing fees, support, and processing the payouts. It's not a money-making thing for us.

From last year thread 4th post https://mwomercs.com...supporter-pack/

Edited by G i a n t E n e m y C r a b, 20 September 2022 - 03:07 PM.

#14 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 03:28 PM

View PostRinzlev, on 20 September 2022 - 02:07 PM, said:

I don't really care about the cockpit items, and 30 USD is a lot for the same 10% boost...

Up the boost to 20% and you got a deal for tier 2

Tier 2 gives you the boost an extra 3 months over Tier 1.

#15 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 03:32 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 20 September 2022 - 03:28 PM, said:

Oh, I didn't even notice that part. Might be worth making that bigger text or saying it twice.

#16 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 03:34 PM

Cool this is always one of my favorite things you guys do. Extra 3 months plus the other freebies and a new mech for me why the F*(&^ not

#17 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 September 2022 - 04:15 PM

Looking at my NTG-D(CS) under a Camo microscope, yes, I can confirm that the Tier 2 pack is indeed "CS201 Colors" of: Mint Flake Green, Tropical Pool Green, and Camo Black.

View PostKhalcruth, on 20 September 2022 - 02:12 PM, said:

One of the bonuses mentioned in the Tier 2 pack is "CS2021 Colors". What colors are these, specifically?

My guess would be Mint Flake Green, Tropical Pool Green, and Camo Black. But it would be nice if that was clearly stated.

#18 Rinzlev

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 04:35 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 20 September 2022 - 03:28 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply, I noticed that, but 3 months isn't really worth the extra 20 USD for me

Tier 1 it is then

Edited by Rinzlev, 20 September 2022 - 04:36 PM.

#19 Horment

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2022 - 04:36 PM

So if i purchase a tier 2 pack.
There will be cockpit items from 2022 and this items has no cbill bonuses.
However therr still will be cockpit items from previous year, and this items has 5% cbill bonus each?

#20 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 September 2022 - 04:53 PM

Just got Tier 2 TSP, can confirm that all standing cockpit items from both TSP 2022 & TSP 2021 do indeed have a permanent +5% CBills Bonus boost to it! (All hanging cockpit items are cosmetic as usual; no CBills bonus for hanging items).
==> I sure wish that MWO advertise this above fact more!

Yes, so getting the Tier 2 TSP for 2022 MWO Comp, you do indeed get:
3x 2022 TSP Standing Items (with +5% CBills Bonus boost per item)
3x 2022 TSP Standing Items (with +5% CBills Bonus boost per item)

By the way, this is one of the only ways to get more +5% CBills Bonus cockpit standing items, equippable on both IS & Clan mechs, to pair this with the plethora of excess CBills bonus cockpit hanging items (Warden Booster Pack preorder, etc.)

View PostHorment, on 20 September 2022 - 04:36 PM, said:

So if i purchase a tier 2 pack.
There will be cockpit items from 2022 and this items has no cbill bonuses.
However therr still will be cockpit items from previous year, and this items has 5% cbill bonus each?

View PostAll Your Bases, on 20 September 2022 - 12:23 PM, said:

Also -

Unfortunately buying both Tier 1 and Tier 2 TSP packs yields you the same total 10% CBills+XP TSP boost.
The Tier 2 Supporter Pack TSP boost lasts 3 months longer than the Tier 1 Pack though!

IF BOTH TIER PACKS ARE PURCHASED, DOES THE BOOST STACK?

No, the boost does not stack. If you buy both tier [1 & 2] packs, you will still receive just a [total] 10% boost. The only difference in regards to the boost between the packs is that the Tier 2 Supporter Pack boost lasts 3 months longer than the Tier 1 Pack.

Edited by w0qj, 20 September 2022 - 08:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users