Anyone Else Getting Bad Frame Drops And Constant Disconnects In The Past Two Weeks Or So?

13 replies to this topic

#1 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 01:07 AM

I don't think the two are necessarily related. The frame drops started for me after a windows patch in the last week. They often happen turning a corner for some reason. It'll go single digit frames for about 10-15 seconds then be fine again.

The disconnects are pretty annoying. Often times I will get disconnected while attempting to login 3-6 times before a successful login. And out of 10 matches played tonight, I disconnected 6 times.

It's not my internet connection; I can always hear people on discord VC, and I'm not experiencing it in other games.

Edited by mytilus edulis, 22 September 2022 - 01:08 AM.

#2 Hindenhoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 03:43 AM

Yeah I've suddenly had problems recently as well. Never had discos and frame drops before, but had a few early in the match. Usually in the moment the drop happens after the countdown ends.

#3 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 22 September 2022 - 06:04 AM

Global internet has been wonky lately. I've had on and off connectivity issues with my own isp for a couple of weeks now myself and if you search up internet outage sites they are showing much the same. Probably some sort of cyberwarfare stuff attacking isp hubs and such since the current global climate is so heated up and all the major powers hate each other.

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 06:39 AM

View Postmytilus edulis, on 22 September 2022 - 01:07 AM, said:

Anyone Else Getting Bad Frame Drops And Constant Disconnects In The Past Two Weeks Or So?

I don't think the two are necessarily related. The frame drops started for me after a windows patch in the last week. They often happen turning a corner for some reason. It'll go single digit frames for about 10-15 seconds then be fine again.

The disconnects are pretty annoying. Often times I will get disconnected while attempting to login 3-6 times before a successful login. And out of 10 matches played tonight, I disconnected 6 times.

I have not experienced such troubles.

Have you contacted the MWO Tech Support service? You can use this e-mail:
technical@mwomercs.com

#5 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 September 2022 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, sounds like your computer needs networking help (I personally have not experienced these issues at all).

1. You can always contact MWO technical support for help, they are usually very quick+helpful!
technical@mwomercs.com
support@mwomercs.com

2. Anyways, here are a few connection troubleshooting resources to help you get started:

Unable to maintain MWO game client connection:
http://mwomercs.com/...ot-be-happening

Checking your game connection with game servers
http://mwomercs.com/...he-game-servers

If all else fails, try changing your DNS server:
http://mwomercs.com/...anging-your-dns

Good luck!

Edited by w0qj, 27 September 2022 - 07:12 PM.

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 September 2022 - 12:29 AM

As for frame drops, there's a recent related thread discussing this, with possible solutions,
such as try deleting your MWO shaders cache:

https://mwomercs.com...ame-performance

View Postmytilus edulis, on 22 September 2022 - 01:07 AM, said:

It's not my internet connection; I can always hear people on discord VC, and I'm not experiencing it in other games.

#7 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 03:35 PM

View Postw0qj, on 23 September 2022 - 12:21 AM, said:

Yeah, sounds like your computer needs networking help (I personally have not experienced these issues at all).

1. You can always contact MWO technical support for help, they are usually very quick+helpful!
support@mwomercs.com

2. Anyways, here are a few connection troubleshooting resources to help you get started:

Unable to maintain MWO game client connection:
http://mwomercs.com/...ot-be-happening

Checking your game connection with game servers
http://mwomercs.com/...he-game-servers

If all else fails, try changing your DNS server:
http://mwomercs.com/...anging-your-dns

Good luck!

Out of 12 event queue matches today I played, 8 of them have had disconnects (not me, other people). I also disconnected in three of them, and was unable to rejoin.

Edited by mytilus edulis, 26 September 2022 - 03:35 PM.

#8 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 03:37 PM

If you're using Windows 11 and Nvidia GPU, you may need this patch:

https://www.tomshard...stuttering-bugs

#9 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 08:37 PM

View Postmytilus edulis, on 26 September 2022 - 03:35 PM, said:

Out of 12 event queue matches today I played, 8 of them have had disconnects (not me, other people). I also disconnected in three of them, and was unable to rejoin.

Of all event matches that I played during the last weekend, I have not disconnected even once.

I have seen maybe one or two other players disconnecting in the drop lobby and then reconnecting quickly.

#10 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 09:02 AM

View Postmartian, on 26 September 2022 - 08:37 PM, said:

Of all event matches that I played during the last weekend, I have not disconnected even once.

I have seen maybe one or two other players disconnecting in the drop lobby and then reconnecting quickly.

what region are you in?

#11 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 09:53 AM

View Postmytilus edulis, on 27 September 2022 - 09:02 AM, said:

what region are you in?

Europe. House Marik ancestral domain. Posted Image

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 27 September 2022 - 02:33 PM

when in doubt, flush the shader cache. be it a gpu upgrade, a driver update or a game update. frankly i think this should be automatic as part of the patch process. better to recompile the latest version than to use a cached old version.

Edited by LordNothing, 01 October 2022 - 05:23 PM.

#13 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 06:46 PM

been playing for 10 years and never had a single game crash.... until this weekend when the servers have kicked me twice...

#14 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 October 2022 - 07:00 PM

Nope. I live in the middle of nowhere with the most basic (only) DSL connection and my game has been stable for the last 5 years or so. Rare discos happen but it is almost always attributable to something on my end or my service.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users