Zero Rewards For Groups

3 replies to this topic

#1 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 09:46 AM

Ok, I admit it. It may be a crazy idea. But crazy problems sometimes require crazy solutions.

So just like the title says, you can still group up with your buddies, you just get nothing out of it except the privilege and fun of playing together. Isn't that what your goal was anyway?

No C-Bills! No free reward give away advancement! No Stats At All! Nothing!

I've seen complaint threads for a long time lamenting how groups are the ruination of QP. I don't know where I stand on that but if this can be a solution why not try it?

If you believe as I do that 'The Lack of a reward is Not a punishment' then maybe this is a solution.

So how hard would it be to implement?

You join a group and everything you would have earned as a solo pilot is turned off and unavailable!

Edited by Stab Wound, 21 September 2022 - 09:56 AM.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,808 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 21 September 2022 - 12:18 PM

Speaking as an old player who has brought new folks into the game and grouped up with them, this would be an unpopular solution. New players NEED those cBills and XP. You'd be forcing them to choose between developing their mechs or playing with their friends. And this would cause player retention to suffer.

Perhaps what we need is a better in game comms system. The reason that people think groups are the problem is because groups are communicating and planning, and everyone else isn't. While there are totally OP groups from time to time, veteran players thrashing the inexperienced, that's not most games. most times its just people communicating vs people not communicating.

#3 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 21 September 2022 - 11:32 PM

Sounds stupid and pointless, personally I don't care got basically unlimited in-game resources.

For people that are recruited into this game by friends not getting any rewards would be just "what a stupid game lets go play something else.".

So you would just punish people that are not the so called issue of this mixed queue and old good players that couldn't care less about CB or other stuff wouldn't really get punished because resources are irrelevant.

#4 sosegado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 September 2022 - 03:32 AM

Yeah, you are both right.

I forgot that the purpose of grouping wasn't to play exclusively with friends but to help train new players. Posted Image

Sorry. In my defense I did warn you it was possibly crazy!Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users