6 replies to this topic

#1 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 23 September 2022 - 06:33 PM

I love it when the event is intended to debut the crappy version of a map that wasn't asked for.

That's so cool!

And I LOVE it when the spawn points are a two-hour hike away from the circle where we're fighting.

Gotta get some walking in.

And I dig minimalism, like when a company is so stripped-down that no one playtests the map or the event before it launches.

Getting stuck on gunk spread around the map in near darkness really builds character.

Edited by Hunka Junk, 23 September 2022 - 06:34 PM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 04:35 PM

the event queue in general is a hit, i just wish they would use it more.

#3 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,081 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 September 2022 - 06:36 PM

i actually like the new map as well as even que (as long as it isn't solaris style ********). 12v12 would be nice in event que but i understand why they don't, gotta keep wait times down.

the map has its flaws but i still think its a good one with a little tweaking. just maybe bring it in a little(just trim some of the perimeter off). then of course the rough terrain in the center needs smoothed out a bit so you aren't constantly getting stuck. other than that its rather good. we need more hotter maps.

#4 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 24 September 2022 - 07:32 PM

The Conquest matches end a bit too quickly, I feel it would be better if the counter went to 1250.

Otherwise, the event is fun and the rewards are generous.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 24 September 2022 - 07:32 PM.

#5 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 08:22 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 24 September 2022 - 07:32 PM, said:

The Conquest matches end a bit too quickly, I feel it would be better if the counter went to 1250.

Otherwise, the event is fun and the rewards are generous.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

I thought so at first too, but after playing a few games I started to notice a trend.
Matches were ending around 12-14 kill.
Both teams will have people that lost no mech, or 1, or 2.. rarely 3.. I've never seen anyone die 4 times yet.

The point being, the capture points are decide the game, and all players are still in the game for the duration.
At 1250, would we see more players get knocked out of the match entirely? Maybe. Probably.

As it is now, it's basically quickplay conquest with more lives than you could ever need.
The Snowball effect is broken.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 08:39 PM

breaking the snowball effect is a good thing if you wanted some new game modes specifically for event queue. you also dont have to retrofit a bunch of maps with all the props as you can limit the maps to use in the eq.

#7 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:00 PM

Just play during a mode you like, get the rewards, and that's it.

Took me 4 matches to finish up, would have been 3 but one finished very early because my team didn't realise any of the voices suggesting the circle was important was not in their head.

Agreed a long walk to a short countdown circle in drop deck mode makes no sense, but hey, I like the cauldron warhorn and it's all worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users